A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:57:41 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Hotel Indigo at Santa Fe Square  (Read 13399 times)
dsjeffries
City Father

« on: December 19, 2017, 11:00:08 am »

Construction crews on Hotel Indigo have made a lot of progress in the past two months. It appears most of the heavy work on the old Santa Fe rail station is complete, with new copper gutters, lots of interior work, new windows (unfortunately it's dark glass) and workers were out planting shrubs yesterday. The sixth floor of the new hotel tower has been poured, so there's only one floor to go. They're beginning to frame out the second floor, and HVAC ducts have been installed on the first level.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 03:19:48 pm »

Thanks for sharing the photos!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:23:33 pm »

Fortunately, on our next Tulsa visit in January, we will have some spare time, we will have to spend some time in the downtown area and see how much it has changed since we moved in March.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:36:06 pm »

maybe a dumb question, but what did that building on the SE corner used to be, and how are they incorporating it?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 10:13:32 pm »

Once the office building is built at the corner this one will be kind of hidden.  I'm curious how the drop off drive will tie in with the office building and what the separation will be between the two.

dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 08:46:01 am »

maybe a dumb question, but what did that building on the SE corner used to be, and how are they incorporating it?

That is the old Santa Fe depot/station. According to this Tulsa World article,
Industrial Developers of Oklahoma is renovating and will occupy much of the former depot, with the balance being used as office and retail space...
The same article also says there will be an upscale restaurant on the first floor, which I think, given the small-ish footprint of the new building, may take up part of the Santa Fe depot.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 09:49:09 am »

Double Acorn lights FAIL

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 11:49:04 am »

Double Acorn lights FAIL

But check out all those awnings and retail and rooftop garden that all will totally happen!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 12:27:21 pm »

Scheduled to open in August per the TW.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 12:38:43 pm »

And the quote that made the story impressive is that the understanding is the next round of development should start in the spring. Whether that's garage or the apartments, who knows
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 11:48:11 am »

And the quote that made the story impressive is that the understanding is the next round of development should start in the spring. Whether that's garage or the apartments, who knows

I would guess the next step would be building the SW-corner building which is supposed to have lots of office space, retail and (IIRC) apartments as well so they can diversify a bit. I would guess the garage will be so expensive that it will need to be tied in to existing immediate demand for a large number of spaces (which will grow as buildings are completed). I'm guessing they'll have to build a couple more to drive that parking demand up higher and then build the garage  (potentially in parallel with the other building(s) on the far east side of the block).

However they do it, this is a monumental project they've taken on and seeing how tiny the hotel looks compared to everything else in rendering is eye opening after seeing frame in real life! The hotel is looking pretty big for that locale, especially compared to most other Blue Dome area buildings.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 12:50:51 pm »

It really will be. From near and far it's really hard to imagine the proposed development per the renderings. I always thought the term 'game changer' for downtown was a little overstated, but when this hotel is done and more developments start up, I'll believe it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 10:10:54 pm »

Target opening is now October 1st per this article: http://www.newson6.com/story/38043711/hard-hat-tour-of-new-downtown-hotel

I found this blurb interesting, and still think they need to tear down the Page Belcher federal building and build a convention hotel on that block sandwiched in between the convention center and BOK Center.

Even with these new hotels, the general manager of Cox Business Center, Kerry Painter, says we still need more – in the form of a full-service convention hotel.

Painter says, “next year we have a soccer tournament and convention at the same time and right now our client is frantic because she doesn’t have enough rooms.  That’s a problem.”

There are no specific plans or timelines for a convention hotel.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 11:04:33 pm »

Target opening is now October 1st per this article: http://www.newson6.com/story/38043711/hard-hat-tour-of-new-downtown-hotel

I found this blurb interesting, and still think they need to tear down the Page Belcher federal building and build a convention hotel on that block sandwiched in between the convention center and BOK Center.

Mmm, so let's find a developer we can give lots of incentives to build a hotel which will sit at 80% occupancy or less the rest of the year.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TeeDub
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:40 am »

Mmm, so let's find a developer we can give lots of incentives to build a hotel which will sit at 80% occupancy or less the rest of the year.

80% of 93 rooms is still a good economic driver to the area.   74 people (assuming single occupancy) eating, parking, working and entertaining.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org