A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:45:36 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U2 begins North America tour in some unnamed Oklahoma city  (Read 10376 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: April 26, 2018, 10:37:46 pm »

http://newsok.com/article/5570391/u2-announces-2018-tour-to-launch-in-oklahoma

Go ahead, you can say it:   T-U-L-S-A
Just try. 
Jerks.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 07:26:17 am »

The tour will kick off on Wednesday, May 2 at Tulsa's BOK Center as one of only 15 North American show dates. This will be the band's first live performance in Tulsa in 35 years, according to a news release.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:22:20 am »

Boy, the BOK sure has struggled to book any noteworthy shows this last ten years.  Now they are really dragging bottom that they have to go as far as Ireland to find anyone to play there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 12:15:03 pm »

Yeah, they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Just announced the date for that Fleetwood Mac tribute band.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 01:11:10 pm »

I'm not the biggest U2 fan but it always was a bucket list concert for me.  Glad I went.  That's a helluva setup they have.  I counted 15 semi trailer trucks out in the back of the arena.

Here's some video I took of some song....

https://youtu.be/8zafbIFMFik

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 02:14:59 pm »

I'm not the biggest U2 fan but it always was a bucket list concert for me.  Glad I went.  That's a helluva setup they have.  I counted 15 semi trailer trucks out in the back of the arena.

Second best concert I've seen at the BOk, the only better one was Roger Waters. Simply a great show.

It kinda really hit me on this one, Tulsa is the starting point of a U2 world tour, one with only 15 dates in the entire US. A decade ago before the BOk opened that would have been unthinkable. We also have the Eagles, Justin Timberlake and Depeche Mode coming. Fleetwood Mac is also starting their tour here. George Strait and Bruno Mars are not only coming but playing two nights each. Tulsa is now one of the top concert tour stops in the country and a music city on a level just under Austin and Nashville.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:20:18 pm by swake » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 03:19:48 pm »

Second best concert I've seen at the BOk, the only better one was Roger Waters. Simply a great show.

It kinda really hit me on this one, Tulsa is the starting point of a U2 world tour, one with only 15 dates in the entire US. A decade ago before the BOk opened that would have been unthinkable. We also have the Eagles, Justin Timberlake and Depeche Mode coming. Fleetwood Mac is also starting their tour here. George Strait and Bruno Mars are not only coming but playing two nights each. Tulsa is now one of the top concert tour stops in the country and a music city on a level just under Austin and Nashville.

While I agree with the just under Austin comparison, I'd have to disagree on Nashville.  They are whole other level when it comes to music...especially country.  Just walk down South Broadway on a weekend and you'll see what I mean.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 04:21:17 pm »

I'm not the biggest U2 fan but it always was a bucket list concert for me.  Glad I went.  That's a helluva setup they have.  I counted 15 semi trailer trucks out in the back of the arena.

Nice!   Sounds fantastic!
Bunch of old guys  up there playing guitar!  Thanks for that!

He is wrong - the first part of it IS America.  At least 47% America... I bet they are trying to bring enlightenment to the "Heart of America"...  Hope it works.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:24:21 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org