A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:20:43 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: more revolving door at KJRH 2 ?  (Read 16735 times)
bluelake
Activist

« on: July 25, 2017, 09:05:29 pm »

Something weird seemed up Monday 7-24-2017.  Normally Taniya Wright and Daniel Winn are the morning anchors and IIRC both were on Friday, July the 21st.  However, Cori Duke is anchoring the morning 4:30-7AM by herself while Chera Kimiko is now anchoring the 11-12PM newscast by herself.  hmmmm a quick check shows Taniya's Facebook page gone and Daniel's Facebook page is there with the last post Friday.  Both of their profiles are gone from the KJRH website.  Both of their Twitters are dead as of July 21.  It's too bad I thought they were funny.  They had the funny beaver thing not too long ago....

https://youtu.be/BY2dIoWPdjw

A quick Google shows they were introduced February 19, 2016 so if they're gone then that didn't last long.

Anyone have any info?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:51:59 pm by bluelake » Logged

bluelake
Activist

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:07:50 am »

Looks like I was right.

SCRIPPS STATION SACKS MORNING ANCHOR TEAM
July 21, 2017/ Scott Jones

Troubled Tulsa station KJRH is blowing up the morning show and starting over. After this morning show, the newsroom was sent a memo, telling them that Anchors Daniel Winn and Taniya Wright are no longer with the station.

Here is the internal memo sent out to the staff and obtained by FTVLive:

Date: July 21, 2017 at 8:46:24 AM CDT
To: KJRH-All Users
Subject: Please be aware

Team,

I wanted to let you know that Daniel Winn and Taniya Wright are no longer with KJRH.  Today was their last day with the station.  I am grateful for their contributions to KJRH and wish them the very best in their future endeavors.

The search is underway for a new morning team.

Thank you,
Amy

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/7/21/scripps-station-sacks-morning-anchor-team

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:18:49 am »

Seems to be trouble in paradise.  I couldn't name any of the anchors they have had for years....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 11:37:22 am »

Seems to be trouble in paradise.  I couldn't name any of the anchors they have had for years....

KJRH has had way too much syndicated content posing as "news" for years
bluelake
Activist

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 12:49:56 pm »

Well, we now know why.  Scott Thompson (recently let go from KOTV) and Lisa Jones (formally at KOTV)  are the new 4:30-7:00AM morning anchors at Channel 2

I sure didnt see this one coming!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »

Well, we now know why.  Scott Thompson (recently let go from KOTV) and Lisa Jones (formally at KOTV)  are the new 4:30-7:00AM morning anchors at Channel 2

I sure didnt see this one coming!

Good to see Scott wound up somewhere after being so unceremoniously released at KOTV.  Hell, even Dick Faurot got a great sendoff.  Scott put in a lot of time with that station and got jacked around for it.

Hate it for Taniya and Daniel though.  I actually liked them somewhat.  Wonder where they might end up.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 04:16:07 pm »

Weather lady in OKC - Lacey Swopes - transferred to Tulsa a couple weeks ago to channel 6 from OKC station.  She was pretty good in OKC - haven't had the chance to see her in town yet.  Anyone see her?  How is she doing?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 04:17:50 pm »

Weather lady in OKC - Lacey Swopes - transferred to Tulsa a couple weeks ago to channel 6 from OKC station.  She was pretty good in OKC - haven't had the chance to see her in town yet.  Anyone see her?  How is she doing?

She's been on since the July 4th weekend.  They have her on Dick's old shift...the CW news at 9pm weekdays.  And I saw last night she filled in for Travis at 10pm on the flagship.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 06:53:28 pm »

Just don't make her angry.

http://thechive.com/2017/02/01/lovable-meteorologist-causes-up-roar-in-ok-city-news-34-photos/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 08:06:57 am »

Just don't make her angry.

She was a guest on Outdoor Oklahoma a year or two ago.  Been a hunter/fisher all her life.  A pic of her was showing up in the intro to the show the first part of the year...I have missed the last couple weekends of it, so don't know about now.

She was pretty good meteorologist in OKC.  Not as "excitable" as Travis, so that will be good to have the balance.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 09:48:11 am »

"Newzak" is an intellectually dishonest practice loved by TV consultants as a way to get metered and Nielsen diary homes to turn on a channel and just walk away... running up the ratings for that station with minimal outlay in content, production values or journalistic effort.

Not exactly a badge of honor for those involved, and likely the first to die when the consultants discover on-demand news.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org