A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:35:50 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey MarkWayne...  (Read 16191 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 09:49:43 am »

The White House hit back at Republicans in an uncharacteristic manner Thursday by using its Twitter account to go after GOP lawmakers who are bashing President Joe Biden's move to cancel some student debt after they personally benefited from having Paycheck Protection Program loans forgiven during the Covid pandemic.

In a series of tweets, the White House highlighted several congressional Republicans — Reps. Vern Buchanan of Florida, Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania, and Markwayne Mullin and Kevin Hern of Oklahoma — who it said had six- and seven-figure PPP loans forgiven as part of a federal program intended to help those harmed by the coronavirus.

The White House also highlighted criticism and PPP loan forgiveness amounts from Mullin (more than $1.4 million) and Hern (more than $1 million).
Mullin responded to the White House on Twitter by saying Biden was unfairly targeting business owners for “protecting their employees” during the height of the pandemic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-shines-light-republicans-are-criticizing-student-debt-canc-rcna44904

Plumbing automatically fixed itself during the pandemic? Jacka$$.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2022, 07:22:58 am »

Must be something in the water.   Grin

Can't believe I missed this one - such a great opening and I didn't see it!!  Well, I found it now! 

Definitely!  He is drinking from the wrong pipe - the Trump end of the plumbing!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2023, 09:52:51 pm »

Teamsters President Sean O’Brien got into a heated argument with Sen. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) during a Wednesday Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on union busting tactics.   

O’Brien told Mullin he was “out of line” after the GOP senator said that the union leader was “sucking the paycheck” out of workers to earn his salary, which was roughly $193,000 in 2019.

“Don’t tell me I’m out of line,” Mullin responded. “You need to shut your mouth.”

Mullin, who owned non-union plumbing companies before selling his majority stakes in 2021, accused union leaders of engaging in intimidation tactics in an effort to unionize his company so they could pay themselves “exorbitant” salaries.

“We hold greedy CEOs like yourself accountable,” O’Brien responded. “You want to attack my salary, I’ll attack yours. What did you make when you owned your company?”

Mullin — who had a net worth ranging between $31.6 million and $75.6 million in 2020, according to personal financial disclosures analyzed by Oklahoma newspaper Tulsa World — said that he kept his salary to around $50,000 to invest more money into his company.

“You mean you hid money,” O’Brien said, prompting visible outrage from Mullin.

Mullin finished his remarks by stating that he’s “not anti-union” but believes that workers shouldn’t have to pay union dues if they don’t want to.

In 2013, the Office of Congressional Ethics alleged that then-Rep. Mullin received over $600,000 in outside income from its companies, well above the congressional limit. The House Ethics Committee closed its investigation into Mullin in 2018 and ordered him to repay $40,000 to one of his businesses.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3890470-shut-your-mouth-gop-senator-clashes-with-union-leader-during-hearing/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2023, 04:38:57 pm »

Teamsters President Sean O’Brien got into a heated argument with Sen. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) during a Wednesday Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on union busting tactics.   

O’Brien told Mullin he was “out of line” after the GOP senator said that the union leader was “sucking the paycheck” out of workers to earn his salary, which was roughly $193,000 in 2019.

“Don’t tell me I’m out of line,” Mullin responded. “You need to shut your mouth.”

Mullin, who owned non-union plumbing companies before selling his majority stakes in 2021, accused union leaders of engaging in intimidation tactics in an effort to unionize his company so they could pay themselves “exorbitant” salaries.

“We hold greedy CEOs like yourself accountable,” O’Brien responded. “You want to attack my salary, I’ll attack yours. What did you make when you owned your company?”

Mullin — who had a net worth ranging between $31.6 million and $75.6 million in 2020, according to personal financial disclosures analyzed by Oklahoma newspaper Tulsa World — said that he kept his salary to around $50,000 to invest more money into his company.

“You mean you hid money,” O’Brien said, prompting visible outrage from Mullin.

Mullin finished his remarks by stating that he’s “not anti-union” but believes that workers shouldn’t have to pay union dues if they don’t want to.

In 2013, the Office of Congressional Ethics alleged that then-Rep. Mullin received over $600,000 in outside income from its companies, well above the congressional limit. The House Ethics Committee closed its investigation into Mullin in 2018 and ordered him to repay $40,000 to one of his businesses.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3890470-shut-your-mouth-gop-senator-clashes-with-union-leader-during-hearing/

At one point I thought O'Brien was going to get up and rush the lecturn and pop this goofball in the mouth.  He would have just cowered the same way he did on 1/6:

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2023, 07:35:40 pm »

All from a guy who got $1.4 Million in PPP loans forgiven.

Even though his company stayed VERY busy throughout the entire pandemic.  I used to go to a Kum & Go in BA just about every weekday on my way to do stuff where there is ALWAYS a large group of his guys starting out the morning.  Filling up truck tanks, breakfast, etc.  I have casual "hello, how you doing" chats with them from time to time and to the man, every single one of them said business was good throughout 2020.  2021.  And 2022.  My traffic pattern changed back before Christmas, so don't get there like I used to, but when I do, I still see many trucks coming and going.

He should be investigated and prosecuted for fraud of the US taxpayer!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2023, 12:55:33 pm »

Just one big blank check.  We even get to pay for Trumps "2023 Stay Out Of Prison Tour" stop in Tulsa.

When presidents of the United States — current or former — come to town, Tulsa taxpayers typically pick up the tab for security provided by the Tulsa Police Department.

Tulsa police officers were paid more than $450,000 in overtime and earned more than 2,000 hours in compensatory time for their work leading up to, during and after Trump’s June 2020 campaign rally at the BOK Center.

The circumstances surrounding that visit were much different than Saturday’s event.

Trump arrived in Tulsa in the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, prompting a heated debate locally and nationally about the wisdom of holding a large indoor rally. At the same time, the country was roiling in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man who was killed by Minneapolis police officers.

Adding to the tensions was the fact that the campaign rally was held the day after Juneteenth, a day traditionally marking the end of slavery in the Civil War Confederacy.
 https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/following-precedent-city-to-cover-police-costs-associated-with-trump-visit/article_2d3fe496-c4e6-11ed-80f7-9b0e4eab3019.html

Trump shakes a lot of hands and poses for a lot of photos during Tulsa visit.
“My boys actually made the ask down in Mar-A-Lago when we were down there,” Mullin said, referring to Trump’s Florida home and where Mullin also has a residence.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/no-politics-but-trump-shakes-a-lot-of-hands-and-poses-for-a-lot-of/article_fdb29eb8-c4e4-11ed-a4fb-1b62e871176e.html

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:46:54 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2023, 11:39:31 am »

An attempt to turn a hearing on child care into an indictment of a children’s book went sideways on U.S. Sen. Markwayne Mullin on Wednesday when his “I don’t want reality” rejoinder to a panelist and the resulting laughter went viral.

Mullin was participating in a Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on child care access and affordability when he held up the book “Our Skin: A First Conversation About Race.”
Mullin objected to the passage: “A long time ago, way before you were born, a group of white people made up an idea called race. They sorted people by skin color and said that white people were better, smarter, prettier, and that they deserve more than everybody else.”

He then compared the song “Jesus Loves the Little Children” — “Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight” — and demanded of the four panelists which was more appropriate.

A fairly common tactic of Mullin and other lawmakers is to try to force witnesses into yes-no/either-or answers and then cut them off when a witness attempts a more nuanced response.

Cheryl Morman, president of the Virginia Alliance for Family Child Care Association, said, “First, it is important that we teach Jesus, and Jesus is what we teach. But the reality is …”

“But do you think …,” cut in Mullin.

“Could she answer the question, please,” said Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

“I don’t want reality!” Mullin said.

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1664012052581720064

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-regional/government-politics/u-s-sen-markwayne-mullins-i-dont-want-reality-gaffe-goes-viral/article_85d73d46-0093-11ee-9a25-d38ba097d8f7.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:41:25 am by patric » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2023, 03:39:31 pm »

The best Oklahoma has to offer!   And Nathan Dahm, too!

Anyone still, after all these years, wonder why we don't get to participate on a larger stage with bigger corporate partners??  Well, I have tried to explain over and over - you are just terminally ignorant!

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2023, 07:58:14 am »

The best Oklahoma has to offer!   And Nathan Dahm, too!

Anyone still, after all these years, wonder why we don't get to participate on a larger stage with bigger corporate partners??  Well, I have tried to explain over and over - you are just terminally ignorant!

I think companies look beyond the reps to "what kinds of voters actually elected these people?" which tells them all they need to know about the quality of the local employee pool.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2023, 08:18:30 am »

U.S. Sen. Markwayne Mullin has been telling conservative media outlets that President Joe Biden is only running for a second term to “protect his family” and that the FBI is covering up a bribery scandal involving Biden and his family.
Mullin has insisted since before Biden’s election in 2020 that the president and his son Hunter Biden were involved in unethical and illegal dealings overseas. A recent Republican-led House investigation did not find any proof of wrongdoing by President Biden.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-politics/sen-markwayne-mullin-says-fbi-covering-up-bribery-scandal-involving-biden-and-family/article_d7e9645c-048e-11ee-a65d-575e95749633.html

Can you say "Projection"?

I think companies look beyond the reps to "what kinds of voters actually elected these people?" which tells them all they need to know about the quality of the local employee pool.

Winner.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 08:20:21 am by patric » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2023, 11:12:51 pm »

Unfortunately true.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2023, 06:38:01 pm »

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — Sen. Markwayne Mullin has challenged Teamsters CEO Sean O’Brien to an MMA-style fight.
O'Brien and Mullin have feuded in recent months, including a heated viral exchange at a U.S. Senate hearing in March.
Mullin is a former MMA fighter who retired 15 years ago.
In a recent tweet about Mullin, O'Brien called him a "clown" and a "fraud."
"You know where to find me. Any place, any time cowboy," O'Brien tweeted.
Mullin gave O'Brien three days to accept the challenge.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2023, 07:51:52 pm »

Making Oklahoma Great Again...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/11/14/markwayne-mullin-challenges-witness-fight-gop-bernie-sanders-congress-vpx.cnn

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2023, 11:41:09 am »

That A-hat keeps going on about how he "built" his company...from the one he took over from his dad.  It was successful and I had work done by them in the early 80's.  No more, ever again.  Will do without plumbing rather than use them!  Sounds just like T****....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2023, 03:42:27 pm »

That A-hat keeps going on about how he "built" his company...from the one he took over from his dad.  It was successful and I had work done by them in the early 80's.  No more, ever again.  Will do without plumbing rather than use them!  Sounds just like T****....

It's ok, he sold Mullen Plumbing:
https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/mullins-and-herns-net-worth-jump-with-sale-of-businesses/article_8be47a40-3e7a-11ed-97ba-fbb2aa7c3285.html

And moved to Florida:
https://defendthesenate.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/OK-Research-221007.pdf
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org