A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:48:34 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discovery Lab  (Read 18587 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2021, 04:51:41 pm »

And I blame the venting on a lack of coffee...  Wink

Keurig is your friend!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2021, 05:34:44 pm »

Opening this December

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/new-tulsa-childrens-museum-location-to-open-by-december/article_681ce2c0-e41a-11eb-880c-4f8cf8f7c61d.html

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2021, 08:02:57 pm »

Keurig is your friend!

But Keurig is not environmentally friendly, at least not the original cup versions which were not recyclable.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2021, 08:08:00 pm »

I think now we should go after Crest and Colgate instead of going over this old settled ground.  What kind of bigot racists push whitening toothpaste?  What's wrong with natural or yellow teeth?  They must be stopped.  It's gone on too long.    

Let's go for it!

While we're at it, let's ban white paint. After all, I'm not white, I'm a pink skin per the Andorians on Star Trek Enterprise.  :-)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 08:12:05 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2021, 12:30:37 am »

Let's go for it!

While we're at it, let's ban white paint. After all, I'm not white, I'm a pink skin per the Andorians on Star Trek Enterprise.  :-)

Smiley.  I hesitate on being part of turning this great forum for ideas, development, architecture, Tulsa --- into Twitter.  Hopefully, done with it!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2021, 02:58:15 am »

Smiley.  I hesitate on being part of turning this great forum for ideas, development, architecture, Tulsa --- into Twitter.  Hopefully, done with it!

I get a bit tired of the knee jerk responses so I add a few of my own occasionally.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2021, 04:24:10 pm »

But Keurig is not environmentally friendly, at least not the original cup versions which were not recyclable.

No it isn't.  I don't like them.  SWMBO loves hers.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2021, 11:28:58 pm »

I get a bit tired of the knee jerk responses so I add a few of my own occasionally.

I enjoyed your comment.  I just like that this forum is different than standard social media.   
TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2022, 07:47:55 am »

I haven't been inside the DiscoveryLab, but have seen video and pictures of the opening - interior and exterior.  I'll reserve my final judgement, but initially it appears to be a utilitarian exterior design.  It seems a children's museum would have a more inspirational, creative aesthetic --- you know, maybe the entrance is between the legs of a 4 story dinosaur or something fun.  This building looks more like a DISCOVER credit card inbound call center or something --- from the street.  I think an opportunity was lost to create another iconic structure that could be on the cover of travel guides, etc.  This is not that building.  The architecture firm just designed what was asked for - I'm sure they could have done more "Willy Wonka" than credit union headquarters had they been asked.  Can't comment on the inside until I see it.  And this is just one person's opinion.  It's still a positive for the city.   
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2022, 02:07:02 pm »

Yeah, but think how boring it would be without them!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2022, 04:39:38 pm »

Yeah, but think how boring it would be without them!

Wow! Just now catching up on last July's posts?   Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2022, 02:35:21 pm »

Wow! Just now catching up on last July's posts?   Grin

Whew!   Yeah, I guess so!  Didn't even look before the last post...

Well, at least I am within about 7 months of being up to date...after the last two sh$t show years, I am lucky not to be 30 years behind!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org