A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:42:21 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spaghetti Warehouse closing Mar 2017  (Read 32222 times)
Dspike
Activist

« on: March 13, 2017, 07:55:55 am »

That's a big footprint (and sizable surface lot) in the center of Brady/Greenwood.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/restaurants/spaghetti-warehouse-closing-permanently-in-tulsa/article_677d330c-24e8-5d76-be1b-57b2796be051.html
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:38:24 am »

Wow.
Not my favorite but I'm surprised it's closing considering it's survived so long.
That's a lot of empty space Sad
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:44:16 am »

End of an era.  At one time Spaghetti Warehouse was one of only a handful of downtown restaurants open for dinner.  Actually it wasn't all that long ago, maybe 15 years ago before McNellies and the wave of development after V2025.

Great redevelopment opportunity in the heart of Brady, I doubt it stays vacant for long.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40:16 am »

Wow.
Not my favorite but I'm surprised it's closing considering it's survived so long.
That's a lot of empty space Sad

The chain has been dying for a long time, they never had very good food and Tulsa was one of the last locations. Oklahoma City closed a year ago and after Tulsa closes there will only be ten stores left.

As for leaving the building empty, It's always been a lot of empty space. The upper floors were never used. I think this is positive as the whole building can be put into use now.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:55:44 am »

It's interesting how well it did and survived for years before anything else had developed down there, now it's all developed around it and it's going out. 

I think that went in around 1991 or 1992, 25 years isn't a bad run for a place which served "meh" food.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 10:35:55 am »

It's interesting how well it did and survived for years before anything else had developed down there, now it's all developed around it and it's going out. 

I think that went in around 1991 or 1992, 25 years isn't a bad run for a place which served "meh" food.

That is curious. The Bricktown one is literally at the epicenter, and still closed. And to my knowledge, nothing has moved in either. Of course, I don't know if that means irrational property owners, or no one wants it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 11:07:15 am »

That is curious. The Bricktown one is literally at the epicenter, and still closed. And to my knowledge, nothing has moved in either. Of course, I don't know if that means irrational property owners, or no one wants it.

The building where the Bricktown SW was located is owned by an out-of-state investor that wasn't interested in rehabbing the upper floors or doing any other improvements.  Sounds like some properties in Tulsa.  I don't know who owns the Brady SW building, anyone know?  Does it include the parking lot?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 11:18:22 am »

The building where the Bricktown SW was located is owned by an out-of-state investor that wasn't interested in rehabbing the upper floors or doing any other improvements.  Sounds like some properties in Tulsa.  I don't know who owns the Brady SW building, anyone know?  Does it include the parking lot?

Doesn't GKFF own the warehouse next door? I wonder if they bought it?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 11:29:49 am »

I've never been a fan of the food there.   I wonder if the increased competition was too much to offset the increased foot traffic.  Great location, neat building and atmosphere - but the food just never hit the mark when I was there.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 12:01:21 pm »

Assessor records suggest Spaghetti Warehouse itself owns the building, but the parking lot is owned by a different entity.

Building owner: USRP FUNDING 2001 A LP C/O SPAGHETTI WAREHOUSE 065692

Parking lot owner: SWEATAC INC C/O DAVID B NIX & ASSOC
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 01:05:51 pm »

When I moved back to Tulsa in 2008 it was suggested we eat there, and it wasn't very good.  There was still only a handful of places to choose from.  Since then it has never once been suggested to me "hey, let's eat at Spaghetti Warehouse" and I haven't eaten there since.  I don't know how it's survived this long.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 01:11:15 pm »

When I moved back to Tulsa in 2008 it was suggested we eat there

Friend or random hobo?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 01:14:39 pm »

I think I ate there maybe twice and not in the last 20 years.

Next question, how does Mexicali stay in business?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 01:58:36 pm »

Inspection reports from Health department...

http://www.tulsa-health.org/food-safety/restaurant-inspections/results-inspections

Power is nothing till you use it.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 02:03:36 pm »

I think I ate there maybe twice and not in the last 20 years.

Next question, how does Mexicali stay in business?

Mexicali has customers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org