A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump & Immigration  (Read 123545 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2018, 01:22:20 pm »

ICE Lawyer Was Charged With Stealing Immigrants' Identities to Defraud Multiple Banks

https://splinternews.com/an-ice-lawyer-was-charged-with-stealing-immigrants-iden-1822983770

And for that he should go to jail for a long time.   No excuse.

You can't blame the process for a few bad apples.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2018, 01:47:42 pm »

You can't blame the process for a few bad apples.

But you can blame a criminal culture that embraces deceit and lacks accountability.

http://immigrantjustice.org/research-items/report-ice-lies-public-deception-private-profit?q=ICELies

Harry Pangemanan was honored a week ago by the Borough of Highland Park for rebuilding hundreds of homes along the Jersey Shore destroyed by superstorm Sandy. Now Trump's ICE targeted him for deportation.
https://www.app.com/story/news/politics/new-jersey/2018/01/25/indonesian-christians-detained-targeted-ice-thursday-morning/1065178001/

Could Harry Pangemanan Be the Rosa Parks of the ICE Deportation Crackdown?
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/harry-pangemanan-fled-ice-to-new-jersey-church.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2018, 02:28:58 pm »

But you can blame a criminal culture that embraces deceit and lacks accountability.

For that matter I should blame businesses for promoting fraud or graft.   Or churches for promoting pedophilia.   Or ISPs for promoting piracy.    (Or spoons for making people fat.)

The best you can do is establish rules and penalize the hell out of people for breaking them.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2018, 03:09:26 pm »

For that matter I should blame businesses for promoting fraud or graft.   Or churches for promoting pedophilia.   Or ISPs for promoting piracy.    (Or spoons for making people fat.)

The best you can do is establish rules and penalize the hell out of people for breaking them.

Not disagreeing with your overall point, but in the case of the Catholic Church I think it is fair to say that there was a culture that did embrace deceit.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2018, 03:17:34 pm »

As opposed to now where we have Trump celebrating "many good, fine people..."     Or calling victims liars.  Or all the other various things he has done repeatedly throughout his life.

There IS a worsening of the culture.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2018, 04:59:33 pm »

As opposed to now where we have Trump celebrating "many good, fine people..."     Or calling victims liars.  Or all the other various things he has done repeatedly throughout his life.

There IS a worsening of the culture.

Blah blah blah...   There are laws in place, if you violate them you go to jail.   System works.    (Except illegal immigration...  Somehow that is only mildly illegal and shouldn't be enforced.)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2018, 09:17:32 am »

Blah blah blah...   There are laws in place, if you violate them you go to jail.   System works.    (Except illegal immigration...  Somehow that is only mildly illegal and shouldn't be enforced.)

Mark Allen Eaton.  Violates the law (tries to kill a couple of teenage boys with assault weapon).  Pleads guilty to it.  Tim Harris and judge cronies won't accept the plea and let him off.  The system does not work...way to often.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2018, 03:26:40 pm »

Mark Allen Eaton.  Violates the law (tries to kill a couple of teenage boys with assault weapon).  Pleads guilty to it.  Tim Harris and judge cronies won't accept the plea and let him off.  The system does not work...way to often.

The closest I can find is another post from you...   And this link.    http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=tulsa&number=CF-2010-3382&cmid=2353817

Got a link to the story?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2018, 06:25:46 pm »

The closest I can find is another post from you...   And this link.    http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=tulsa&number=CF-2010-3382&cmid=2353817

Got a link to the story?

That's it.   Drunk walked out on his front porch with his assault rifle - SKS -  pulled back the bolt to cock it, aimed it, about 65 ft, at two 16 yr old boys across the street in their relatives yard, and pulled the trigger.  So drunk he had forgotten to put bullets in the magazine.  So, went back inside, got his Glock, which was locked, cocked, and ready to rock, with and safety off and came back out to try again.  By then the boys had run inside.  The Glock was found by police in that condition.

Tim Harris and Glassco cut a deal with Eaton's family to get that sweet deal.  Who could they possibly be - would love to know all those connections.  But then, overly entitled, poor little rich, angry white boy with an assault weapon - what could possibly be so bad about that??   Like Sandy Hook.  Or Florida just a couple days ago... or all the mass shootings we have had in this country over the last many years.

Only thing missing was he was too lazy to walk the 6 or 7 blocks to the school down the street.  

Think it would have been different if he were black??  Or dark brown?   Or anything other than "entitled rich kid"??

Tell me again how that system works??   Wait...I know... lot's of money!!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:28:11 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2018, 08:36:39 pm »

I loved my work at the Labor Department, but I can't be a part of breaking up families.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/02/16/i-was-asked-to-help-ice-at-my-government-job-i-couldnt-do-that-so-i-quit/

I’ve always believed in the mission of the Department of Labor. Ensuring people are protected in the workplace and are paid for their work is something I can get behind, but it felt tainted now. All the data that was part of keeping the department running was going to be turned from a tool used to protect workers into a weapon used to hunt down some of the most vulnerable among us. I’d seen it in the news: a working father of three in New Jersey, whose wife is now terrified of also being deported; the people without criminal records who were supposedly “low priority” for deportation.

I had recently seen the video of Border Patrol officers dumping bottles of water that had been left by humanitarians in the desert to stop people from dying of thirst. The apparent glee with which some of them were condemning people to die sickened me. It didn’t seem like an agency of people reluctantly doing a job or making a tough choice because they had to feed their family. They were enjoying it.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2018, 11:28:08 am »

That's it.   Drunk walked out on his front porch with his assault rifle - SKS -  pulled back the bolt to cock it, aimed it, about 65 ft, at two 16 yr old boys across the street in their relatives yard, and pulled the trigger.  So drunk he had forgotten to put bullets in the magazine.  So, went back inside, got his Glock, which was locked, cocked, and ready to rock, with and safety off and came back out to try again.  By then the boys had run inside.  The Glock was found by police in that condition.

Tim Harris and Glassco cut a deal with Eaton's family to get that sweet deal.  Who could they possibly be - would love to know all those connections.  But then, overly entitled, poor little rich, angry white boy with an assault weapon - what could possibly be so bad about that??   Like Sandy Hook.  Or Florida just a couple days ago... or all the mass shootings we have had in this country over the last many years.

Only thing missing was he was too lazy to walk the 6 or 7 blocks to the school down the street.  

Think it would have been different if he were black??  Or dark brown?   Or anything other than "entitled rich kid"??

Tell me again how that system works??   Wait...I know... lot's of money!!

Cliff notes:   So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?     
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2018, 06:00:10 pm »

Cliff notes:   So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?    

Whoa...!!  

Unbelievable.   Maybe you will get the thrill of having that happen to you or yours sometime...just so you can see exactly how it really is.  

Brandished a gun - yeah.  Aimed directly at two kids, from 65 ft or so, and fired.  And forgetting to put a bullet in the magazine the only reason it didn't go off.  Soon cured with a loaded Glock.  Just like the vast majority of armed robberies happen - just brandished...never actually shoot anyone or anything... so you see, there really is no need to fill the prisons with all those black guys who do those armed robberies at all.  So they just brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything...

But hey, you are right - just over-sensationalized hype all around.  What an astonishing Trump Low!   Are you in the running for the Breadburner Award??

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:04:57 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

TeeDub
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2018, 08:38:35 pm »

Whoa...!!  

Unbelievable.   Maybe you will get the thrill of having that happen to you or yours sometime...just so you can see exactly how it really is.  

Brandished a gun - yeah.  Aimed directly at two kids, from 65 ft or so, and fired.  And forgetting to put a bullet in the magazine the only reason it didn't go off.  Soon cured with a loaded Glock.  Just like the vast majority of armed robberies happen - just brandished...never actually shoot anyone or anything... so you see, there really is no need to fill the prisons with all those black guys who do those armed robberies at all.  So they just brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything...

But hey, you are right - just over-sensationalized hype all around.  What an astonishing Trump Low!   Are you in the running for the Breadburner Award??

Did he tell the cops that or you are just assuming he forgot to load the magazine?   Did you know he pulled the trigger or just another assumption?    Did he really come out with a pistol or they just found one in the house?   There isn't a story other than the one you tell and that doesn't jive with the court documents.

You know what they say about one side of the story and the truth.   

Sorry.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2018, 10:06:31 pm »

Did he tell the cops that or you are just assuming he forgot to load the magazine?   Did you know he pulled the trigger or just another assumption?    Did he really come out with a pistol or they just found one in the house?   There isn't a story other than the one you tell and that doesn't jive with the court documents.

You know what they say about one side of the story and the truth.  

Sorry.

He told the cops ALL of this...and gave them both guns - laid the Glock on the floor when commanded to do so - the Glock still loaded, one in the chamber, safety off.   THAT is how drunk he was.   Admitted most of it to the family later, too - couple of  years later - as he tried to "apologize" without apologizing - making excuses because of his drinking.  Also told one neighbor.   And his Daddy, the one who raised him to be all entitled...the same one who bought him the house...and his truck without doubt had some stroke with the DA's office to get his sweet deal.  And probably bought the guns - don't know about those.

You know them by any chance?   Daddy wouldn't happen to be a big, fancy, lawyer in town?  Sounds like the kind of "connection" that would get the 'kid glove' treatment entitled white boy got from the Tim Harris department.  Would never see a brown man get that.  And you know that is true.

There is a police report that is NOT included in the "court documents".  Yep, I do know about one side and the withheld, obstructed, other side.   I will see if I can get a copy of the police report and redact names and try to post it here.  See what the cops side is.

And SO ironic - he has a sticker on his back truck window - NOTW.   Lol, lol, lol...

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:09:15 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

TeeDub
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2018, 08:58:41 am »

I give credit to the department for how they handled the situation. They gave me time to think about it. There were some on and off discussions about maybe moving me around in the department or me holding on until I had found another job, but I knew what I had to do.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org