A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:47:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump & Immigration  (Read 123033 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2018, 12:30:51 pm »

What you should know about the detention facility Melania Trump is visiting

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/immigration-border-children-separation/h_258f742ce894532a20e758d012bcd1f2

Melania Trump is touring the Upbring New Hope Children's Center in McAllen, Texas.

This is not one of the so-called "tender age" facilities, which hold children younger than 5 years old.

Here are the facts behind the facility Trump is at right now:

It opened in 2014.
There are currently 58 children aged 12 to 17.
Most of the children at the facility come to the US unaccompanied (meaning they were not separated from their parents at the border).
They usually stay at the shelter for 32 to 45 days, officials said.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2018, 10:23:07 pm »

Yeah, that IS what fascists do.  It's what Trump and Sessions have been doing for the last 6 weeks.   Where is your outrage about that??

I have outrage about both sides of the aisle. But I choose to look at alternatives and don't run around with my head exploding and venting everywhere on the net. Besides, it's too much fun watching the little Mussolini's here that talk about tolerance out of one side of their mouths and rage intolerance out of the other side. I'm an Independent voter because the two main parties have lost the ever loving minds, and can't decide on which side of the Kleenex to cry into.

DC is so full of horse hockey that they could level the place and grow crops from the fertilized soil to solve half the world's hunger. I've seen smaller mounds of waste at dairy farms then what comes out of DC.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2018, 05:37:03 am »

Lol...What is the T.F.N. C.j.C going to mentally riot about next week...Huh

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2018, 08:03:04 am »

I've been thinking about the immigration problem we face as a nation, and it occured to me that there's both a historical precedent and a solution that were proposed more than 200 years ago in England. The Irish population was increasing rapidly at the time, placing a burden on government resources in Ireland and England. One writer modestly proposed that by fattening Irish children and utilizing them as a food source, the immigration and over-population problems would be curtailed.

That would work on our southern border. We already have the children in concentration camps, making the process of fattening them up the same as we do with feedlot cattle. The costs of rounding them up are minimal as their parents bring them through the border. Indeed, given our President's appetite for cheeseburgers, a single child may keep him fed for a week.

Food for thought.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2018, 08:15:00 am »

I've been thinking about the immigration problem we face as a nation, and it occured to me that there's both a historical precedent and a solution that were proposed more than 200 years ago in England. The Irish population was increasing rapidly at the time, placing a burden on government resources in Ireland and England. One writer modestly proposed that by fattening Irish children and utilizing them as a food source, the immigration and over-population problems would be curtailed.

That would work on our southern border. We already have the children in concentration camps, making the process of fattening them up the same as we do with feedlot cattle. The costs of rounding them up are minimal as their parents bring them through the border. Indeed, given our President's appetite for cheeseburgers, a single child may keep him fed for a week.

Food for thought.

I'm done.  Well played.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2018, 08:36:00 am »

Quality post. As always.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2018, 09:21:26 am »

Hey!   He's back...!!   Still not answering simple, direct, yes/no questions.  Also not providing any meaningful input.  Same as always.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2018, 09:22:29 am »

I have outrage about both sides of the aisle. But I choose to look at alternatives and don't run around with my head exploding and venting everywhere on the net. Besides, it's too much fun watching the little Mussolini's here that talk about tolerance out of one side of their mouths and rage intolerance out of the other side. I'm an Independent voter because the two main parties have lost the ever loving minds, and can't decide on which side of the Kleenex to cry into.

DC is so full of horse hockey that they could level the place and grow crops from the fertilized soil to solve half the world's hunger. I've seen smaller mounds of waste at dairy farms then what comes out of DC.

Just don't hear it about one side. 

Mine on the other hand is heard about both sides.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2018, 09:07:52 am »

Border Patrol Agents Are Stopping People On New England Highways To Check Their Citizenship
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/06/25/new-england-border-patrol-ice-citizenship-maine-new-hampshire-highways/

“Travelers have the right to remain silent... “Travelers who cooperate are passed through quickly, unless the agent suspects they are in violation of federal law. Travelers who refuse to cooperate may be referred to a secondary examination area to allow agents to conduct additional questioning to determine the traveler’s citizenship or residency.”

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2018, 09:56:36 am »

Border Patrol Agents Are Stopping People On New England Highways To Check Their Citizenship
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/06/25/new-england-border-patrol-ice-citizenship-maine-new-hampshire-highways/

“Travelers have the right to remain silent... “Travelers who cooperate are passed through quickly, unless the agent suspects they are in violation of federal law. Travelers who refuse to cooperate may be referred to a secondary examination area to allow agents to conduct additional questioning to determine the traveler’s citizenship or residency.”

We were there last October and saw tens of thousands of obviously non-citizens all over the place!   And Muslims!!   I know they had to be plotting something with those lobsters!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2018, 10:36:40 am »

Trump has been going after Harley for a couple weeks now - just because they are gonna allocate some production to avoid 25% tariffs going into the European market...

What is Trump's excuse for having all his name brand "products" made in China??

joiei
City Father

« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2018, 11:28:38 am »

Trump has been going after Harley for a couple weeks now - just because they are gonna allocate some production to avoid 25% tariffs going into the European market...

What is Trump's excuse for having all his name brand "products" made in China??

Has Trump placed any tariffs on the stuff he and his family bring into the United States for sale?  He needs to put a 25% tariff on his merchandise.  Fair is fair.  Does his companies even make any products in the United States? 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2018, 12:13:00 pm »

Has Trump placed any tariffs on the stuff he and his family bring into the United States for sale?  He needs to put a 25% tariff on his merchandise.  Fair is fair.  Does his companies even make any products in the United States? 

Agreed. Trump needs to do more stuff to make you happy.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2018, 12:35:03 pm »

No.  And no.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2018, 05:05:56 pm »

It's not just the brown people causing havoc:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/wildfires/affidavit-spring-fire-arson-suspect-used-fire-pit-to-cook-meat/73-569856103

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org