A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:38:27 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Dear, another Oklahoman Republican headed to Trumps Washington  (Read 13126 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 09:24:58 am »

The positive comments about his qualifications are copied off of his congressional biography page.

Some of them, yes...   and that makes them less valid?

https://bridenstine.house.gov/uploadedfiles/rep_jim_bridenstine_bio.pdf
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 09:48:05 am »

Some of them, yes...   and that makes them less valid?

https://bridenstine.house.gov/uploadedfiles/rep_jim_bridenstine_bio.pdf

Less sincere.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 11:11:37 am »

He will do the job befitting the administration
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 12:17:58 pm »

Apparently some people like him....  But then again, I hear you can't trust Forbes or those who write articles for it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2017/09/02/the-trump-administration-finally-nominated-the-nasa-administrator-who-is-jim-bridenstine/#7609b8604708

Some praising of HR 353.  Here it is if anyone is interested.  Became Public Law No: 115-25.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/353

Section 303 is quite literally an attempt to stop NOAA from taking measurements and gathering data that might be used to confirm climate change - "must avoid".  I am sure Exxon and BP have plenty of data available to share so that NOAA doesn't need to do that...

Of particular note (Section 201) is the requirement to try and predict weather from days to as much as 2 years.  Why the very specific exclusion of 5, 10, 50 years??  Oh,...that's right...I remember...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 12:31:56 pm »

WOuldn't be the first "Denier" we have had as head of NASA.

I have no doubt that global—that a trend of global warming exists. I am not sure that it is fair to say that it is a problem we must wrestle with. To assume that it is a problem is to assume that the state of Earth's climate today is the optimal climate, the best climate that we could have or ever have had and that we need to take steps to make sure that it doesn't change.
First of all, I don't think it's within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown, and second of all, I guess I would ask which human beings - where and when - are to be accorded the privilege of deciding that this particular climate that we have right here today, right now is the best climate for all other human beings. I think that's a rather arrogant position for people to take.

All though in some circles this comment would be considered quite sane. But not at NASA. No agenda there.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 02:10:51 pm »

WOuldn't be the first "Denier" we have had as head of NASA.

All though in some circles this comment would be considered quite sane. But not at NASA. No agenda there.

Those circles are science deniers. And therefore should be disqualified from running a science organization.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 06:58:10 pm »

When Jim Bridenstine became administrator of NASA 16 months ago, critics questioned his willingness to defend NASA's climate science portfolio and his ability to move beyond the partisan politics that characterized his nearly three terms as a Republican from Oklahoma. Since that time, Bridenstine has largely answered those questions. He has stood up for science and sought to work across the aisle.

However, Bridenstine has stumbled where most thought he would succeed—selling and communicating NASA's programs to Congress. In particular, the administrator appears to have angered some key Republican legislators who will be needed to support increasing funding for the agency's Moon plans.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/08/nasa-chief-alienates-senators-needed-to-fund-the-moon-program/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org