A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 08:29:21 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyatt Place hotel @ 4th & Boston  (Read 3407 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« on: December 27, 2017, 08:26:51 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/boston-avenue-office-building-set-to-become-hyatt-place-hotel/article_d911120d-89f7-58be-ac30-a2014df2be00.html

Plans call for a Hyatt Place Hotel in the 13-story building at 400 S. Boston Ave., according to building permits filed in December. The hotel is scheduled to have 103 units, documents show.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 08:15:03 am »

I've long heard rumors of them wanting to redevelop that building.  I wonder if the parking garage now going up behind it was the lynch pin?  Part of me is happy to see a ton of smaller hotels occupying old buildings and otherwise going up in small spaces - but I also understand it comes with an opportunity cost of hosting some larger events that desire 1000 rooms in one building.  Overall, a bunch of smaller properties is probably better for downtown since the larger conventions can be hard for new cities to land anyway.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 08:35:54 am »

Assuming Downtown can handle all the new hotels popping up-I think this is a great use of this building. That will bring more life to the area throughout the whole week, instead of just M-F.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:03:43 pm »

What is different about a Hyatt Place from a regular Hyatt.  I’m just wondering how they distinguish this from the Hyatt that is only 1 block away.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »

What is different about a Hyatt Place from a regular Hyatt.  I’m just wondering how they distinguish this from the Hyatt that is only 1 block away.

They are not full service hotels and usually have "suites" with both a sitting area and sleeping areas in the rooms. I like them quite a lot when I travel.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »

Thought the same thing. Hyatt Regency is listed on the main Hyatt page as Premium (along with Hyatt and Grand Hyatt). Hyatt Place is under Modern Essentials with Hyatt House. So many Hyatts!

https://regency.hyatt.com/en/hyattregency/aboutus.html

https://place.hyatt.com/en/hyattplace/aboutus.html
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 01:37:22 pm »

It's lower down on the flagship branding.  It is essentially a business travel hotel.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »

They are not full service hotels and usually have "suites" with both a sitting area and sleeping areas in the rooms. I like them quite a lot when I travel.

Thanks.  I suppose I could have looked this up myself, but it was so much easier relying on the collective TulsaNow knowledge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org