A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:10:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455306 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4095 on: December 12, 2022, 09:47:49 am »

Far-right influencers, white nationalists, neo-fascist activists, and extremist European figures mingled with Republican members of Congress and allies of Donald Trump at a black-tie event in New York City, where Marjorie Taylor Greene suggested rioters “would’ve been armed” had she organised the January 6 attack
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-new-york-young-republicans-b2243261.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4096 on: December 12, 2022, 12:07:47 pm »

Far-right influencers, white nationalists, neo-fascist activists, and extremist European figures mingled with Republican members of Congress and allies of Donald Trump at a black-tie event in New York City, where Marjorie Taylor Greene suggested rioters “would’ve been armed” had she organised the January 6 attack
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-new-york-young-republicans-b2243261.html

I thought they weren't supposed to admit it was an attack?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4097 on: December 12, 2022, 04:29:00 pm »

Or...just couldn't leave Oklahoma.    Grin

That too!   Had kids that I did not want to uproot from friends and family.  Having gone through that, did not want to inflict it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4098 on: January 13, 2023, 02:50:31 pm »

During his tenure in the White House, former President Trump floated the idea of striking North Korea with a nuclear weapon and blaming the attack on another country, according to the new afterword of a book from New York Times journalist Michael Schmidt. 

Then-White House chief of staff John Kelly was reportedly concerned by both Trump’s provocative Twitter messages about the country and his private talks, according to excerpts of Schmidt’s “Donald Trump v. the United States” shared by NBC News. 

“What scared Kelly even more than the tweets was the fact that behind closed doors in the Oval Office, Trump continued to talk as if he wanted to go to war. He cavalierly discussed the idea of using a nuclear weapon against North Korea, saying that if he took such an action, the administration could blame someone else for it to absolve itself of responsibility,” Schmidt writes. 

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3810406-trump-discussed-striking-north-korea-with-nuclear-weapon-blaming-another-country-book/

Kelly brought the military’s top leaders to the White House to brief Trump about how war between the U.S. and North Korea could easily break out, as well as the enormous consequences of such a conflict. But the argument about how many people could be killed had "no impact on Trump," Schmidt writes.
Kelly warned that Trump would need congressional approval for a pre-emptive strike, which "baffled and annoyed" Trump, according to the afterword.
Trump tweeted in early January 2018: "North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the 'Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.' Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!"

Schmidt also writes that it was well-known among senior U.S. officials for several decades that North Korea sought to spy on U.S. decision-makers. So White House aides were alarmed "that Trump would repeatedly talk on unclassified phones, with friends and confidants outside the government, about how he wanted to use military force against North Korea."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-discussed-using-nuclear-weapon-north-korea-2017-blaming-someone-rcna65120

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4099 on: January 13, 2023, 04:05:33 pm »

During his tenure in the White House, former President Trump floated the idea of striking North Korea with a nuclear weapon and blaming the attack on another country, according to the new afterword of a book from New York Times journalist Michael Schmidt. 

Then-White House chief of staff John Kelly was reportedly concerned by both Trump’s provocative Twitter messages about the country and his private talks, according to excerpts of Schmidt’s “Donald Trump v. the United States” shared by NBC News. 

“What scared Kelly even more than the tweets was the fact that behind closed doors in the Oval Office, Trump continued to talk as if he wanted to go to war. He cavalierly discussed the idea of using a nuclear weapon against North Korea, saying that if he took such an action, the administration could blame someone else for it to absolve itself of responsibility,” Schmidt writes. 

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3810406-trump-discussed-striking-north-korea-with-nuclear-weapon-blaming-another-country-book/

Kelly brought the military’s top leaders to the White House to brief Trump about how war between the U.S. and North Korea could easily break out, as well as the enormous consequences of such a conflict. But the argument about how many people could be killed had "no impact on Trump," Schmidt writes.
Kelly warned that Trump would need congressional approval for a pre-emptive strike, which "baffled and annoyed" Trump, according to the afterword.
Trump tweeted in early January 2018: "North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the 'Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.' Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!"

Schmidt also writes that it was well-known among senior U.S. officials for several decades that North Korea sought to spy on U.S. decision-makers. So White House aides were alarmed "that Trump would repeatedly talk on unclassified phones, with friends and confidants outside the government, about how he wanted to use military force against North Korea."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-discussed-using-nuclear-weapon-north-korea-2017-blaming-someone-rcna65120

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4100 on: March 04, 2023, 08:22:07 pm »

The Conservative Political Action Conference is underway in Maryland. And the members of Congress, former government officials and conservative personalities who spoke at the conference on Thursday and Friday made false claims about a variety of topics.

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio uttered two false claims about President Joe Biden. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia repeated a debunked claim about Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama used two inaccurate statistics as he lamented the state of the country. Former Trump White House official Steve Bannon repeated his regular lie about the 2020 election having been stolen from Trump, this time baselesly blaming Fox for Trump’s defeat.

Rep. Kat Cammack of Florida incorrectly said a former Obama administration official had encouraged people to harass Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina inaccurately claimed Biden had laughed at a grieving mother and inaccurately insinuated that the FBI tipped off the media to its search of former President Donald Trump’s Florida residence. Two other speakers, Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and former Trump administration official Sebastian Gorka, inflated the number of deaths from fentanyl.

And that’s not all. Here is a fact check of 13 false claims from the conference, which continues on Saturday...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/04/politics/fact-check-cpac-2023/index.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4101 on: March 24, 2023, 10:27:58 am »

This should put to rest any doubts Trumps 2020 plans for Juneteenth was to stoke -- and use his authority to crush -- another Tulsa riot.

Trump Plans Rally In Waco On Anniversary of Branch Davidian Standoff
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/24/us/politics/donald-trump-waco-branch-davidians.html

Thirty years ago, a fiery federal raid on a doomsday sect turned the city into a symbol of government overreach. Donald Trump will speak there on Saturday, and some supporters — and critics — say it’s no accident.

In the chapel at Mount Carmel, the longtime home of the Branch Davidian sect outside Waco, Tex., the pastor preaches about the coming apocalypse, as the sect’s doomed charismatic leader David Koresh did three decades ago.
But the prophecies offered by the pastor, Charles Pace, are different from Mr. Koresh’s. For one thing, they involve Donald J. Trump.
“Donald Trump is the anointed of God,” Mr. Pace said in an interview. “He is the battering ram that God is using to bring down the Deep State of Babylon.”

As Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh put it, “Waco started this war.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/trump-stokes-fires-extremism-waco-rally-17856521.php

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4102 on: March 24, 2023, 10:52:12 am »

This should put to rest any doubts Trumps 2020 plans for Juneteenth was to stoke -- and use his authority to crush -- another Tulsa riot.

Trump Plans Rally In Waco On Anniversary of Branch Davidian Standoff
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/24/us/politics/donald-trump-waco-branch-davidians.html

Thirty years ago, a fiery federal raid on a doomsday sect turned the city into a symbol of government overreach. Donald Trump will speak there on Saturday, and some supporters — and critics — say it’s no accident.

In the chapel at Mount Carmel, the longtime home of the Branch Davidian sect outside Waco, Tex., the pastor preaches about the coming apocalypse, as the sect’s doomed charismatic leader David Koresh did three decades ago.
But the prophecies offered by the pastor, Charles Pace, are different from Mr. Koresh’s. For one thing, they involve Donald J. Trump.
“Donald Trump is the anointed of God,” Mr. Pace said in an interview. “He is the battering ram that God is using to bring down the Deep State of Babylon.”

As Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh put it, “Waco started this war.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/trump-stokes-fires-extremism-waco-rally-17856521.php

If he's not in jail.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4103 on: March 24, 2023, 05:07:08 pm »

Santos...another self-admitted felon...reaches a deal on one of his crimes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/santos-brazilian-prosecutors-agree-deal-171426667.html

Republicans will celebrate his getting off scott free!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4104 on: March 24, 2023, 07:32:22 pm »

Republicans will celebrate his getting off scott free!

Not ALL Republicans.  He is a piece of garbage.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4105 on: March 28, 2023, 03:46:49 pm »

Real Republicans are no longer in existence in this country!   They have been exiled to some small Caribbean island in much the same way as the Nationalist Chinese were pushed to Taiwan after WWII.   The Hijacked Republicontin Party has been control for a while.   What is especially sad is how FEW who claim to be real Republicans have the cojones to stand up and condemn this carp!   I know I have mentioned this scenario before - an analogy to the lack of response - if you have 1 bad cop and 100 good cops who do nothing to stop it... you have 101 bad cops.   Same thing with Trumpty Dumpty Minions.

But then ya got Liz Cheney, who is STILL Dick Cheney's daughter and subscribes to the same morally and intellectually bankrupt past of Bush/Cheney!  That might be one of those "enemy of my enemy is my friend" moments.

Some me and some paraphrasing of Jon Stewart;

I think it is terrible what is happening in this country!  They are trying to crucify T****!

Should T**** be indicted?  Never!  The law should ALWAYS take into account a person's popularity!   

And what is going on when you can't even get away with committing financial fraud any more?? 

Or campaign finance violation. 

Or Treason of advocating and inciting the violent overthrow of the United States!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4106 on: March 28, 2023, 11:15:33 pm »

Real Republicans are no longer in existence in this country!   They have been exiled to some small Caribbean island in much the same way as the Nationalist Chinese were pushed to Taiwan after WWII.   The Hijacked Republicontin Party has been control for a while.   What is especially sad is how FEW who claim to be real Republicans have the cojones to stand up and condemn this carp!   I know I have mentioned this scenario before - an analogy to the lack of response - if you have 1 bad cop and 100 good cops who do nothing to stop it... you have 101 bad cops.   Same thing with Trumpty Dumpty Minions.

I can guarantee you that I am not living a comfortable (or even uncomfortable) Caribbean Island life.   Sad

The best I can do is remain a Republican so I can vote in the Primary Elections and then vote for a Democrat or Independent if I don't like the Republican nominee.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4107 on: March 29, 2023, 11:47:46 am »

I can guarantee you that I am not living a comfortable (or even uncomfortable) Caribbean Island life.   Sad

The best I can do is remain a Republican so I can vote in the Primary Elections and then vote for a Democrat or Independent if I don't like the Republican nominee.

Me neither!   Would kinda like to be on St Thomas or Belize for at least a couple months a year...  At least in Belize, I could visit Bertha's once in a while and get a decent tamale!  And it isn't all that expensive to live there.  (Depending on chosen lifestyle...mine is pretty modest.)

I have seriously considering registering as Repube just so can vote in the primaries.  But every time the thought comes to mind, I always gag up a little stomach acid, then have to just sit while that feeling subsides....     Independent would be my first choice, but then never get to make a comment in the primaries.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4108 on: April 11, 2023, 09:58:44 am »

This is how radical people calling themselves "conservative" have become:

A growing number of prominent Republicans are rallying around the idea that to solve the fentanyl crisis, America must bomb it away.

In recent weeks, Donald Trump has discussed sending “special forces” and using “cyber warfare” to target cartel leaders if he’s reelected president and, per Rolling Stone, asked for “battle plans” to strike Mexico. Reps. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) and Mike Waltz (R-Fla.) introduced a bill seeking authorization for the use of military force to “put us at war with the cartels.” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) said he is open to sending U.S. troops into Mexico to target drug lords even without that nation’s permission. And lawmakers in both chambers have filed legislation to label some cartels as foreign terrorist organizations, a move supported by GOP presidential aspirants.

“We need to start thinking about these groups more like ISIS than we do the mafia,” Waltz, a former Green Beret, said in a short interview

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/10/gop-bomb-mexico-fentanyl-00091132

And now kids with military clearances are posting classified information to win internet arguments about video games...

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4109 on: April 11, 2023, 11:06:41 am »

In recent weeks, Donald Trump has discussed sending “special forces” and using “cyber warfare” to target cartel leaders if he’s reelected president and, per Rolling Stone, asked for “battle plans” to strike Mexico.

The Putin solution.  Not such a good idea.

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org