A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:48:00 am
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1476752 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4080 on: November 29, 2022, 11:16:23 am »

I keep hoping.  Not very optimistic right now.   We still have Okrahoma.  AZ.  GA. MS.  FL.  et al.

Bastions of ignorance and stupidstition.  And wallowing in it!

evangelists and evangelism in this country is like an insidious cancer eating away the the very life force of our nation.   Still have the 74 million and 3 running around loose.  25 million of them following the Putin Party Line; letter, word, and verse.  True Traitors to the United States of America!

Give GenZ a little time.  MAGA Repubs are so scared now that they have been openly positing about raising the voting age.  Not as easy as one would think.  Requires two-thirds majority of both chambers of Congress AND three-quarters of the states must ratify it as a Constitutional Amendment.  Amendments are so difficult to validate that in 246 years of our country's existence (a little less if you take into consideration the Constitution wasn't fully in force until the late 1780s) that there are only 27 of them.  The first ten, as the Bill of Rights, were ratified within two years, but the next 17?  Much more difficult.  Good luck with that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4081 on: November 30, 2022, 07:46:33 am »

I keep hoping.  Not very optimistic right now.   We still have Okrahoma.  AZ.  GA. MS.  FL.  et al.

Bastions of ignorance and stupidstition.  And wallowing in it!

evangelists and evangelism in this country is like an insidious cancer eating away the the very life force of our nation.   Still have the 74 million and 3 running around loose.  25 million of them following the Putin Party Line; letter, word, and verse.  True Traitors to the United States of America!

Bastion of ignorance and stupidstion. Wow. Yeah were so stupid in AZ that we landed a $12billion dollar chip plant under Republican leadership without the help of the Fed. Construction started in early 2021 and they expect production to start in 2024, and phase two to open in 2025.

Speaking at an investment conference during a visit to Taipei, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey recalled meeting the TSMC leadership in 2017 and then in 2020 announcing the investment.

"Just over two years later TSMC has completed construction for its main facility and continues to make excellent progress," he said, describing visiting the construction site as "even more impressive in person".

"Along with TSMC's historic investment, roughly two dozen Taiwanese-based suppliers are finding Arizona is right for investment," added Ducey.

TSMC said in an emailed statement the governor and his team did not visit the company, but did talk with them.

"Thanks to the continuous support of the Arizona state government, representatives of TSMC, together with many supply chain partners, had a great discussion with the Governor and his team today on the current investment projects in Arizona," it said, without elaborating.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/tsmc-making-excellent-progress-with-arizona-chip-plant-state-governor-says-2022-08-31/

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4082 on: December 01, 2022, 11:44:24 pm »

Speaking of the TSMC facility, I see Biden is going to visit it and Arizona for the first time since he was a candidate, and I'm willing to bet that he makes a comment that his "Chips Bill" was responsible for the facility.

If he does, he is a liar since it was developed and planned and started before he was a candidate.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/biden-visit-taiwanese-chip-manufacturer-tsmcs-arizona-plant-dec-6-white-house-2022-11-30/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 11:59:10 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4083 on: December 03, 2022, 09:04:35 am »

Speaking of the TSMC facility, I see Biden is going to visit it and Arizona for the first time since he was a candidate, and I'm willing to bet that he makes a comment that his "Chips Bill" was responsible for the facility.

If he does, he is a liar since it was developed and planned and started before he was a candidate.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/biden-visit-taiwanese-chip-manufacturer-tsmcs-arizona-plant-dec-6-white-house-2022-11-30/

Can't be any worse than all of those congressional members who laud the infrastructure bills and the projects they bring to their home states when they voted 'no' on it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #4084 on: December 03, 2022, 12:51:27 pm »

Can't be any worse than all of those congressional members who laud the infrastructure bills and the projects they bring to their home states when they voted 'no' on it.

Also, most likely the new plant will benefit from the Chips Bill tax credits even though it was already in the works beforehand. Biden can certainly take credit for helping the factory succeed.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 12:54:31 pm by tulsabug » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4085 on: December 03, 2022, 05:55:12 pm »

Bastion of ignorance and stupidstion. Wow. Yeah were so stupid in AZ that we landed a $12billion dollar chip plant under Republican leadership without the help of the Fed. Construction started in early 2021 and they expect production to start in 2024, and phase two to open in 2025.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/tsmc-making-excellent-progress-with-arizona-chip-plant-state-governor-says-2022-08-31/

Yeah.  AZ is the place where the court had to order election officials to stop breaking the law.   Theirs is just a different kind of stupid from OK.

As for semiconductors, they had Intel.  And Microchip.   And lost their fabs.  Now have some offices but not manufacturing lately.  So leave it to Taiwan to come bail them out.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4086 on: December 03, 2022, 09:07:46 pm »

Yeah.  AZ is the place where the court had to order election officials to stop breaking the law.   Theirs is just a different kind of stupid from OK.

As for semiconductors, they had Intel.  And Microchip.   And lost their fabs.  Now have some offices but not manufacturing lately.  So leave it to Taiwan to come bail them out.

Bull Squat! Intel has two manufacturing plants here. ON Semiconductor has a plant here. Intel has been continually upgrading their facilities and they have set a precedent here that TSMC is following with building water reclamation facilities so that they reuse roughly 70% of the water they use for manufacturing.

https://www.chipsetc.com/semiconductor-companies-in-arizona.html#:~:text=NXP%20semiconductors%20now%20has%20two%20semiconductor%20Fab's%20located%20in%20Chandler.&text=%E2%80%8BOne%20of%20the%20most,largest%20high%2Dtech%20manufacturer%20employer.

Although they are off to rocky starts, Nikola and Lucid have EV plants building cars here. ElectraMeccanica is building their personal Solo EV's here.

Waymo has been pioneering and proving autonomous transportation for personal and commercial semi trucks here.

Arizona has reached a point where county property taxes are starting to not increase, and in some cases decrease, state income tax will reduce to a flat 2.5% flat rate starting in 2023 instead of 2024. There is a movement to eliminate grocery taxes and I believe prescription taxes.

If you look at the number of political idiots versus the population of the state it's a damn small number. It's like the population of Bristow versus the population of the state of Oklahoma.

I'm sure that any city in Oklahoma would loved to have landed the Northrup/Grumman satellite manufacturing facility that was built in Gilbert AZ in the mid 2000's that has now doubled in size.

https://communityimpact.com/phoenix/gilbert/development/2022/04/23/northrop-grumman-corporations-gilbert-campus-expansion-now-open/

Jobs at Northrop/Grumman in Gilbert

https://www.northropgrumman.com/search/gilbert%2C%20az?content_type=jobs&file_type=all
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 10:12:14 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #4087 on: December 06, 2022, 12:38:17 pm »

It looks like TSMC is now adding a second factory as a direct result of the CHIPS bill - https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/business/tsmc-arizona-investment/index.html

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4088 on: December 07, 2022, 08:12:58 am »

It looks like TSMC is now adding a second factory as a direct result of the CHIPS bill - https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/business/tsmc-arizona-investment/index.html

The second plant has been in development since the first plant started coming out of the ground. Announcing it on the same day that Biden visits? Political Reindeer Games.

As for the Chips Bill monies, doesn't seem that any of it went to or influenced TSMC.

In August, Biden signed the $280 billion CHIPS Act that is designed to boost domestic high-tech manufacturing and lessen dependence on overseas semiconductor supply chains. The bill sets aside $52 billion for the computer-chip sector.

Earlier this month, Arizona allocated $100 million in federal funding to juice the state’s semiconductor industry.

The Arizona Commerce Authority will manage the allocation, which will in part be used to help the state take advantage of opportunities under the CHIPS Act.

Also, the new plant is projected to be $28B, which increases their total investment to $40B.

Chipmaker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company is strengthening its presence in Arizona, announcing Tuesday it will build a second facility in the state and increase its investment to $40 billion.

The announcement comes on the same day President Joe Biden will visit TSMC’s multibillion dollar under-construction plant in north Phoenix near Interstate 17 and Loop 303, which is expected to open in 2024.

The second site will be nearby and will add $28 billion to TSMC’s investments in Arizona, according to the company.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4089 on: December 07, 2022, 09:45:58 am »

Bull Squat! Intel has two manufacturing plants here. ON Semiconductor has a plant here. Intel has been continually upgrading their facilities and they have set a precedent here that TSMC is following with building water reclamation facilities so that they reuse roughly 70% of the water they use for manufacturing.

Although they are off to rocky starts, Nikola and Lucid have EV plants building cars here. ElectraMeccanica is building their personal Solo EV's here.

Waymo has been pioneering and proving autonomous transportation for personal and commercial semi trucks here.

Arizona has reached a point where county property taxes are starting to not increase, and in some cases decrease, state income tax will reduce to a flat 2.5% flat rate starting in 2023 instead of 2024. There is a movement to eliminate grocery taxes and I believe prescription taxes.

If you look at the number of political idiots versus the population of the state it's a damn small number. It's like the population of Bristow versus the population of the state of Oklahoma.

Intel claims they have 3.   With pretty much all test/packaging elsewhere.  

Bigger problem with AZ is the water and electric issues.  Semiconductors are extremely water intensive and use a lot of power proportionally.  Both of which have always been big issues and will be bigger going forward.  Probably one of the big reasons so much movement has been away rather than towards.  I still feel it is shortsighted and foolish to build out critical industry like that in a place where such big requirements are such scarce commodities.  But hey, why would we start using thought and foresight now after all these decades....?

And this doesn't even touch again on the political problems they have.  Even Okrahoma hasn't gotten that stupid.  (I am sure they would if a Dem won any election, though.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4090 on: December 07, 2022, 09:40:51 pm »

Intel claims they have 3.   With pretty much all test/packaging elsewhere.  

Bigger problem with AZ is the water and electric issues.  Semiconductors are extremely water intensive and use a lot of power proportionally.  Both of which have always been big issues and will be bigger going forward.  Probably one of the big reasons so much movement has been away rather than towards.  I still feel it is shortsighted and foolish to build out critical industry like that in a place where such big requirements are such scarce commodities.  But hey, why would we start using thought and foresight now after all these decades....?

Arizona has been using thought and foresight for a number of years, but no one outside of the state knows or has read about it. Cities have been taking reclaimed water from sewage treatment plants and treating to the water to a non potable level and injecting it into aquifers and wells to be drawn out and treated at water treatment plants for municipal water, as well as taking a portion of that water to send directly to water treatment plants for processing into water delivered to homes and businesses.

Tucson has been somewhat of a leader in conservation in the fact that they have banked almost six years of water from their allocation from the Colorado via the Central Arizona Project. Not all of the water in AZ comes from the Colorado, the Salt River Project (SRP) has a series of reservoirs in the state that supply the Phoenix metro as well as water from the Colorado.

Regarding Intel and TSMC, they have their own treatment facilities on sight that are ~70% efficient so that only ~30% is returned as waste water.

TSMC is just off one of the long distance transmission routes from the three reactor Palo Verde plant. APS and SRP having been building solar farms and battery storage facilities for a number of years to cope with the growth and demand.

And this doesn't even touch again on the political problems they have.  Even Okrahoma hasn't gotten that stupid.  (I am sure they would if a Dem won any election, though.)

As I have said before, the far right wackadoodles are a small portion of the state population, and the vast majority in the state  have moved on from the 2022 elections, and for the most part it doesn't really move the needle much on the local news.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4091 on: December 08, 2022, 10:07:25 am »

Tucson has been somewhat of a leader in conservation in the fact that they have banked almost six years of water from their allocation from the Colorado via the Central Arizona Project. Not all of the water in AZ comes from the Colorado, the Salt River Project (SRP) has a series of reservoirs in the state that supply the Phoenix metro as well as water from the Colorado.

Tucson has also been way ahead of the curve on street and municipal lighting for decades, showing the world what a Tulsa-sized city would loook like when you light the streets for the benefit of the people and not just for the benefit of the utility company.

On the other end of the genius scale, This is Arizona's' outgoing GOP governors idea of a border wall he built without permission on protected federal land:

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/15/1142982960/us-sues-arizona-shipping-containers-mexico-border
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 11:17:11 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4092 on: December 08, 2022, 08:40:36 pm »

Arizona has been using thought and foresight for a number of years, but no one outside of the state knows or has read about it. Cities have been taking reclaimed water from sewage treatment plants and treating to the water to a non potable level and injecting it into aquifers and wells to be drawn out and treated at water treatment plants for municipal water, as well as taking a portion of that water to send directly to water treatment plants for processing into water delivered to homes and businesses.

Regarding Intel and TSMC, they have their own treatment facilities on sight that are ~70% efficient so that only ~30% is returned as waste water.

TSMC is just off one of the long distance transmission routes from the three reactor Palo Verde plant. APS and SRP having been building solar farms and battery storage facilities for a number of years to cope with the growth and demand.

As I have said before, the far right wackadoodles are a small portion of the state population, and the vast majority in the state  have moved on from the 2022 elections, and for the most part it doesn't really move the needle much on the local news.

Looks like Phoenix gets about half their water from SRP.

As for "banking" water from the Colorado - that is a pipe dream!   There is NO water left to "bank" from the Colorado and it does not look like there will be any for quite a while.  These delusions of 'plenty' of water is one of the reasons the ongoing 20 year drought is gonna hammer that part of the country so hard!   You cannot "conserve" enough if the water just is not there!  And for many years, the water has not been there.

And google earth still shows a LOT of green yards in Phoenix area!  Friend who lived there many years ago just filled the yard with rock so wouldn't have to water every 30 minutes!

I was offered jobs three times at Intel in Chandler and just could not bring myself to add that water load to the area.   And while they had remotes from time to time in the early 80's, I didn't fit that mold.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4093 on: December 08, 2022, 09:37:37 pm »

I was offered jobs three times at Intel in Chandler and just could not bring myself to add that water load to the area.

Or...just couldn't leave Oklahoma.    Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4094 on: December 08, 2022, 09:41:40 pm »

And google earth still shows a LOT of green yards in Phoenix area!  Friend who lived there many years ago just filled the yard with rock so wouldn't have to water every 30 minutes!

Some neighborhoods in Albuquerque have mostly rock and such "lawns" except for maybe 100 sq-ft of green grass lawn for show. Back yards may be whatever grows naturally.

https://goo.gl/maps/xL89oUogdv4DXcMr8

« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 09:44:40 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org