A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:52:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1468969 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #930 on: May 10, 2017, 12:32:15 pm »

No, it will not.  He should have been gone LONG before now!!  

I fault both Obama and Trump for major fails on this one.

This event in a nutshell is why things are so broken in D.C. You have a guy Comey who basically universally is understood that he is a terrible fit for that role. Upon his firing (and after both sides have been lambasting the guy for incompetence for months on end) the level of shrieking about how terrible it is that a admittedly poor performer is let go when that very result was lobbied for not but days ago by both so many is just...well...I'm at a loss for words.
All that comes to mind all of a sudden is the last scene in A Few Good Men. Particularly the line "I have neither the time or inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said 'thank you' and went on your way".

Well, President Trump, thank you. It needed to be done. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #931 on: May 10, 2017, 12:37:33 pm »

This event in a nutshell is why things are so broken in D.C. You have a guy Comey who basically universally is understood that he is a terrible fit for that role. Upon his firing (and after both sides have been lambasting the guy for incompetence for months on end) the level of shrieking about how terrible it is that a admittedly poor performer is let go when that very result was lobbied for not but days ago by both so many is just...well...I'm at a loss for words.
All that comes to mind all of a sudden is the last scene in A Few Good Men. Particularly the line "I have neither the time or inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said 'thank you' and went on your way".

Well, President Trump, thank you. It needed to be done. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Achieving a good goal by breaking the law is still illegal. Intent and reason is everything here.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #932 on: May 10, 2017, 12:42:38 pm »

Except that Trump was gushing repeatedly about how great he was and what a good job he did and blah, blah, blah...

Don't care how Comey got put out the door, but the investigation must continue and complete the information gathering process so the House can get on with impeachment proceedings.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #933 on: May 10, 2017, 12:47:17 pm »

Today when Trump met Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov in the Oval Office only one news organization was allowed in the room. TASS, the Russian State Media Company.

You really can’t make this idiocy up.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2017/05/10/trump-russia-meeting-media-shut-out-238221
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #934 on: May 10, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »

Today when Trump met Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov in the Oval Office only one news organization was allowed in the room. TASS, the Russian State Media Company.

You really can’t make this idiocy up.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2017/05/10/trump-russia-meeting-media-shut-out-238221

You can't because that's what happened. What you can't make up is the hysterics that this all of sudden has forced people into. I seem to recall a tan fellow in the white house that did the same thing (only allowing photographers in the meetings). There are still things that need to remain confidential that are not illegal.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #935 on: May 10, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »

You can't because that's what happened. What you can't make up is the hysterics that this all of sudden has forced people into. I seem to recall a tan fellow in the white house that did the same thing (only allowing photographers in the meetings). There are still things that need to remain confidential that are not illegal.

The only media in the room was Russian State media. There was no American media in there at all.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #936 on: May 10, 2017, 01:17:19 pm »

The only media in the room was Russian State media. There was no American media in there at all.

A photographer. Read what you posted.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #937 on: May 10, 2017, 01:19:15 pm »

A photographer. Read what you posted.

A Russian photographer from TASS isn't Russian media?
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #938 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:03 pm »

A Russian photographer from TASS isn't Russian media?

No less than a White House photographer is the American media. A Russian diplomat was a party to the meeting for goodness sake. It is literally the same thing.

He didn't want a circus in there and he probably wanted someone bound by a confidentiality agreement (as if that has really stopped people from talking). Otherwise, can you imagine him picking just one? He'd be crucified for that too.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #939 on: May 10, 2017, 02:05:18 pm »

No less than a White House photographer is the American media. A Russian diplomat was a party to the meeting for goodness sake. It is literally the same thing.

He didn't want a circus in there and he probably wanted someone bound by a confidentiality agreement (as if that has really stopped people from talking). Otherwise, can you imagine him picking just one? He'd be crucified for that too.

Well, he does need some privacy when getting his orders from Dear Leader Putin....
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #940 on: May 10, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »

Upon his firing (and after both sides have been lambasting the guy for incompetence for months on end)

As per DC politics, each side has only lambasted him when he doesn't speak in their favor.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #941 on: May 10, 2017, 03:40:30 pm »

Establishing the White House’s own Soviet-style news service.

As the correspondents said in 2013.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #942 on: May 10, 2017, 04:45:18 pm »

As per DC politics, each side has only lambasted him when he doesn't speak in their favor.

I sort of figured that spoke well for the guy. It was amateur hour PR wise for the Tump and the NYTimes did the best reporting on it. His staff didn't want to do this because the optics (PR) were horrible and it wasn't good timing. But his buddy Stone, his son in law and Pence thought it was a great idea. He didn't trust Comey's loyalty to the Tumper in Chief and after fuming for a few days he pulled the cord to the trap door. Ignored all protocol, or likely was unaware. Classless.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #943 on: May 10, 2017, 10:44:55 pm »

It was amateur hour PR wise for the Tump...

It's been an on-going amateur hour since the inauguration. It will be interesting to see if 45 is wise enough to put an independent professional in charge of the FBI or whether he'll appoint one of his spawn.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #944 on: May 11, 2017, 03:04:14 am »

Aetna out of the exchanges.

Health insurance giant Aetna said Wednesday that it will not be participating in any Obamacare exchanges in 2018.

"Our individual commercial products lost nearly $700 million between 2014 and 2016, and are projected to lose more than $200 million in 2017 despite a significant reduction in membership," T.J. Crawford, Aetna spokesman, said in an email.

The reason for the losses, he said, came from structural issues within the exchanges "that have led to co-op failures and carrier exits, and subsequent risk pool deterioration." He did not cite uncertainty over the future of Obamacare, as the company had done when it announced last week that it would be exiting the exchange in Virginia.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/aetna-completely-exits-obamacare-exchanges-cites-massive-losses/article/2622734

This pleases me--especially if a certain FB stalker loses his coverage. 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org