A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:38:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454850 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #915 on: May 10, 2017, 07:54:10 am »

It's all just really bad theater.   Designed to deflect attention from that fact that this is actually Comey's reward for a job well done.  He can go to work as a law professor.  Or maybe go back to Lockheed Martin.  And just sit back and enjoy life with his $50 Million retirement package from Trump.  The choreography was perhaps a little clumsy before the election, but they realized that it really didn't matter to that base - there just isn't enough intellectual capacity to analyze it beyond the sound bite level.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #916 on: May 10, 2017, 08:55:55 am »

This I understand.

However, Comey wasn't going to connect the dots anyway, so really what crisis are the D's looking at here.

Even the AP seemed to notice:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMP_COMEY_DEMOCRATS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-10-04-43-02

Not going to connect the dots? What gives you that idea?

Look, Comey certainly deserves to be fired over his handling the of the election. He more than anyone cost Clinton the election and even now he can’t keep his facts straight about why he had to disclose the reopening of the email investigation. A good question is did he really understand the investigation when he told congress about it days before the election?

That said, this is obviously about the FBI having moved on from the purely investigative phase of the Russian investigation. There’s now a Grand Jury empaneled and issuing subpoenas. Sh!t is getting real for Trumpster and the baby President panicked, threw a temper tantrum and fired Comey.

The dots are coming together and Trump is freaking out.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:57:47 am by swake » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #917 on: May 10, 2017, 09:12:53 am »

Not going to connect the dots? What gives you that idea?

The dots are coming together and Trump is freaking out.

One can only hope...

No doubt John McCain would love to stick it to Trump - I hope he succeeds!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #918 on: May 10, 2017, 09:15:36 am »

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if they do, but I'm not going to hold my breath either.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #919 on: May 10, 2017, 09:21:46 am »

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if they do, but I'm not going to hold my breath either.

If I were McCain and that Orange Bobblehead had said the things about me, after all he had been through in his military career, it would be my life mission to get him and bring him down.  At this point of his career, it would be a crowning achievement of dedicated public service!   Really!!

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #920 on: May 10, 2017, 09:30:03 am »

If I were McCain and that Orange Bobblehead had said the things about me, after all he had been through in his military career, it would be my life mission to get him and bring him down.  At this point of his career, it would be a crowning achievement of dedicated public service!   Really!!

Sadly, bringing down a President would be viewed as his crowning achievement. Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #921 on: May 10, 2017, 09:37:52 am »

Wait, did anyone actually read the letter sent to Trump by Rod Rosenstein? This has nothing to do with any Russian/Trump investigation, that investigation will still go on!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866767

Every past AG and DAG agrees that Comey did exactly the opposite of what he should have done. Eric Holder said that the Director's decision "was incorrect. It violated long-standing Justice Department policies and traditions. And it ran counter to guidance that I put in place four years ago laying out the proper way to conduct investigations during an election season." Holder concluded that the Director "broke with these fundamental principles" and "negatively affected public trust in both the Justice Department and the FBI".

Rod Rosenstein was put into office in April at a 94-6 confirmation vote. I think at that moment he was either directed to or took it upon himself to (which is his purgative) to gather the facts about Comey making the call on his own as he did pertaining to the email investigation.

I would be very insulted if I was an FBI agent involved with the Russian/Trump ties investigation. You have claimed that the only person that really mattered has now been fired and the investigation will now be conducted by a Trump appointed director and now will be flawed. The FBI does not revolve around its director and its agents have more integrity!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #922 on: May 10, 2017, 09:51:59 am »

Sadly, bringing down a President would be viewed as his crowning achievement. Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Right up there with his military service - certainly not a coward like Trump called our 500+ ex-POW's from that era.  Not bad for a guy who wasn't even born in the US....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #923 on: May 10, 2017, 09:58:59 am »

I would be very insulted if I was an FBI agent involved with the Russian/Trump ties investigation. You have claimed that the only person that really mattered has now been fired and the investigation will now be conducted by a Trump appointed director and now will be flawed. The FBI does not revolve around its director and its agents have more integrity!

I knew quite a few in Tulsa office in a previous life, and they were all very good people...but this was also during the Hoover era, so that put a cloud over them for a long time.  Hoover was a tin-horn dictator operating with impunity inside a Republic.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #924 on: May 10, 2017, 10:31:17 am »

Also something most people missed yesterday: The Senate Intelligence Committee asks Treasury to investigate any financial ties between Trump, his team and Russia. 

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/332609-senate-panel-probing-russia-ties-asks-treasury-for-trump-financial
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #925 on: May 10, 2017, 10:58:07 am »

Also something most people missed yesterday: The Senate Intelligence Committee asks Treasury to investigate any financial ties between Trump, his team and Russia. 

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/332609-senate-panel-probing-russia-ties-asks-treasury-for-trump-financial

NPR interviewed Warner yesterday about all the stuff going on...

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #926 on: May 10, 2017, 11:00:30 am »

And now this:
FBI Director James Comey requested additional money and manpower from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein for the investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election just days prior to his firing, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the situation.

The request, first reported by The New York Times, comes as Trump administration officials claim that Comey's termination is unrelated to the investigation. Comey additionally briefed some members of the Senate Intelligence Committee on the request on Monday.

A spokesperson from the Justice Department explicitly denied that such a request was made, saying it is "100 percent false" and that "it didn't happen."

The spokesperson added that the denial came directly from Rosenstein himself, who authored a letter to Trump Tuesday recommending Comey's dismissal.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-director-comeys-firing/story?id=47318625
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #927 on: May 10, 2017, 11:17:50 am »

Requesting money/people to investigate explains the pretzel shape Rosenstein put himself in with that letter....

Comey was getting too close.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #928 on: May 10, 2017, 11:57:15 am »

Requesting money/people to investigate explains the pretzel shape Rosenstein put himself in with that letter....

Comey was getting too close.

Yet getting rid of this blundering idiot is going to hinder this investigation?

Look, he was not the guy that was going to complete this thing (if it is doable). This event should be lauded by all sides as I'm pretty sure both sides can find major shortcomings in his performance.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #929 on: May 10, 2017, 12:08:48 pm »

Yet getting rid of this blundering idiot is going to hinder this investigation?

Look, he was not the guy that was going to complete this thing (if it is doable). This event should be lauded by all sides as I'm pretty sure both sides can find major shortcomings in his performance.

No, it will not.  He should have been gone LONG before now!! 

I fault both Obama and Trump for major fails on this one.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org