A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:37:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454899 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #855 on: May 07, 2017, 04:03:13 pm »

You're welcome, Mr. Freeloader and moocher. And I love this meme of Jesus explaining charity to democrats.

Haven't really read much of what He actually said, huh?   Look for the red letters...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #856 on: May 07, 2017, 04:39:13 pm »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #857 on: May 07, 2017, 09:04:58 pm »

Haven't really read much of what He actually said, huh?   Look for the red letters...

Sure do. You have some of those "red letters" handy where Jesus said, "Hey, instead of being charitable give your money to Caesar because he knows what to do with it."  

While your at it, look for those red lettered passages where Jesus talked about liking same sex marriage and abortion.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #858 on: May 08, 2017, 07:42:50 am »

Sure do. You have some of those "red letters" handy where Jesus said, "Hey, instead of being charitable give your money to Caesar because he knows what to do with it."  

While your at it, look for those red lettered passages where Jesus talked about liking same sex marriage and abortion.

Haven't seen those - same sex marriage - exactly which ones are you talking about? 

And Matthew 19:4... kind of a stretch...  As is Mark 10:6.

And do you really not believe that context has a place in the discussion?  Like the facts, unknown in those times, about the actual makeup of the genes of all the various possible combinations of gender?  Not at all just "male and female" in the real world, but hey, the sound bites are easier to remember...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #859 on: May 08, 2017, 08:06:28 am »

And do you really not believe that context has a place in the discussion?  Like the facts, unknown in those times, about the actual makeup of the genes of all the various possible combinations of gender?  Not at all just "male and female" in the real world, but hey, the sound bites are easier to remember...

Context?!
The Bible is the word of God!  I think God knows more about genetics than we ever will.
Either that or it's the writings of primitive misogynistic loonies

I mean clearly:
Deut 25:11-12

11 If men get into a fight with one another, and the wife of one intervenes to rescue her husband from the grip of his opponent by reaching out and seizing his genitals, 12 you shall cut off her hand; show no pity.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #860 on: May 08, 2017, 09:08:00 am »

Context?!
The Bible is the word of God!  I think God knows more about genetics than we ever will.
Either that or it's the writings of primitive misogynistic loonies

I mean clearly:

The word of God as interpreted and reported by man...the 'man' part of that being the fallible part.

And if one is gonna go with God knows more about genetics than we ever will, why was that not communicated to man when he was charged with writing the Word?  Or more importantly, who edited it and why?  Especially gotta wonder about the agenda of the people who may have edited the entire set of facts to conveniently fit their sound bite agenda - obviously this is a technique with a long, greatly entrenched tradition in the world.  Like what happened to the Gospels of St Thomas and Mary....?  

TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #861 on: May 08, 2017, 09:21:22 am »

I still say increase the deduction on paychecks for medicare and give EVERYONE Medicare.  I've been advocating this for years now.  Medicare, while not perfect, is still better than the ACA or whatever pile the GOP is fixing to foist on the public.

And if the health insurance industry dies in the process?  So be it.

The ACA was a bill that was passed without reading and understanding. Now the GOP has done the same. I watched a Congressman say he didn't read the new GOP bill before he voted for it, but his staff did and if they liked it, he liked it. Are you kidding me??

100% agree with Hoss. Take the money that I am paying for private insurance out of every check and give that to government coverage. I'll have coverage, I won't have a $6000.00 deductible, and in the end I will save money and time due to fighting with insurance jack wagons.

I have had experience in the medical field in other countries and yes some are terrible, but others are not. Yes there can be a wait for an MRI or a procedure of some sort and that is due to the lack of equipment in those countries. We have thousands of MRI systems throughout the USA, Canada has maybe 300 in the entire country. That includes GE, SEIMENS, TOSHIBA and all other venders. So you can see that is one major problem. Same goes with all other medical equipment, many countries just can't handle the patient load due to lack of equipment.

The US doesn't have that issue. If I had a coverage that allowed me to see any doctor, not a Government Doctor, stand alone clinics would still thrive, private hospitals would still thrive and government facilities would get better in the long run.

To me the insurance companies are worse than the government, I would trust government and for me that's a mouth full to spit out.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #862 on: May 08, 2017, 12:04:20 pm »

Moon, that is what we all want. Unfortunately, Congress isn't going to go up against huge insurance companies who pay for their election. Nor are the states. Especially the states. The idea of the health insurance companies being replaced by a system whose main job description is health care rather than profit from health insurance seems likely to be only available outside our national boundaries.

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #863 on: May 08, 2017, 12:20:47 pm »

It could probably be done with like a 5% payroll tax like is done for Medicare/Medicaid today, half paid by employers. If you are self-employed then you carry the full rate.

Have HHS set rates for services and require overall positive outcomes for care. Cut out insurance entirely. Ban medical and drug marketing and advertisements. You can leave doctors and medical companies private and they can compete by being the most efficient for providing care, but the rate they are paid is the same as everyone else in their market. And by the event and severity. Doctor sees a kid with a fever. Depending on severity you are paid one rate no matter how many tests you order.

But at the same time also require that the outcomes are good. Grade providers on things like your rate of kids that once you treat them that then need further treatment isn’t higher than average. If it is, you get a penalty on your reimbursement. If you have better than average outcomes you get a bonus. Pay for the bonuses with the penalty other medical care providers pay.

This would take the cost of insurance out the cost of care, reward good care and remove marketing costs and remove the profit driver for doctors to do things like request and re-request expensive tests to drive revenue for their medical company.

Care remains private and competitive, everyone is covered and the profit driver for providers is efficiency and good outcomes instead of amount of care and number of services provided.
TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #864 on: May 08, 2017, 03:19:06 pm »

Moon, that is what we all want. Unfortunately, Congress isn't going to go up against huge insurance companies who pay for their election. Nor are the states. Especially the states. The idea of the health insurance companies being replaced by a system whose main job description is health care rather than profit from health insurance seems likely to be only available outside our national boundaries.

So many things need to change. The problem is nothing will change no matter whos party is elected. We post hating Dem's and Obama and then we post hating Trump and the Republicans, nothing changes and the can get kicked down the road while we all point fingers at each other.

Campaign finance reform #1. Once that happens things can change. You are right Aquaman, (yes I said that)... until that one thing happens that influences every party, nothing will change.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #865 on: May 08, 2017, 03:37:50 pm »

So many things need to change. The problem is nothing will change no matter whos party is elected. We post hating Dem's and Obama and then we post hating Trump and the Republicans, nothing changes and the can get kicked down the road while we all point fingers at each other.

Campaign finance reform #1. Once that happens things can change. You are right Aquaman, (yes I said that)... until that one thing happens that influences every party, nothing will change.

Sadly with Gorsuch being named to the SC, there's little chance of Citizens United being overturned and with that being the law of the land we have a money fueled free for all in politics.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #866 on: May 08, 2017, 03:49:45 pm »

There were big changes under Obama.  An extra 20 - 25 million of us got insurance.  That isn't exactly "nothing"...

Since that point, any changes needed to make it better have been kicked down the road due to obstructionism by the Hijacked Republican Party, until we have reached this point.  Where they want to kick those millions to the curb again, as they had managed to maintain until Obama.

As for other Dem/Rep contrasts - Oklahoma has been the poster child for really bad things happening under the Hijacked Republican Party.  Starting with education.  Infrastructure.  Public safety.  You are pretty young so may not remember Brad Henry much, but the state did not suffer from this kind of ignorance and stupidstition.

We limit our Highway Patrol officers to 100 miles a day...!!   Really...??  

And even today, they are STILL looking around for things to do to avoid what is really needed to fix the problem.  The latest ignorance this morning is that they want to lock the standard deduction at today's level and not let it continue to be indexed with the Federal standard deduction on your income tax forms.  This is a DIRECT attack on lower income taxpayers while still allowing the richest who don't use the standard deduction to keep on as always.  

The poor get to bear the brunt of it - again!!    Just like with education.  Infrastructure.  Public safety.

Yeah, there is a difference.  Big difference between the Hijacked Republican Party and the Democrats and real Republicans.   No matter what the RWRE sychophants want you to believe.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:52:18 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #867 on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:11 pm »

There were big changes under Obama.  An extra 20 - 25 million of us were forced to buyinsurance.  That isn't exactly "nothing"...

FIFY

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #868 on: May 08, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »

FIFY

And that's the thing. Of course more people will get insured if the government tells you to buy insurance or get fined. I am just grateful that I got to keep my plan and doctor because I liked them.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #869 on: May 08, 2017, 07:41:57 pm »

Government forces us to a lot of things Alfalfa. A lot. Mostly for our own good. Why is this one so different when it attempts to equalize a system that allowed uninsured to have the cost of their poor lifestyles or unlucky genetics be carried on the shoulders of those who did purchase insurance? It seems so...republican and conservative a concept. In fact the concept originated with the Heritage Foundation a conservative think tank. Imagine that.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org