A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454861 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #825 on: May 03, 2017, 03:54:42 pm »

Trump has failed again!!  Auto sales continue downward trend - lowest since 2009, when Obama was getting his stimulus in place to help the industry!  He isn't protecting American autoworkers from layoffs - on the way soon to a factory near you!

GM alone is getting rid of more than 4,000 this month!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/business/auto-sales-decline.html?_r=0

I'm going to buy a car just to make a point. But an import though.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #826 on: May 03, 2017, 10:37:19 pm »

Is the Johnson Amendment living on borrowed time?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #827 on: May 04, 2017, 08:35:07 am »

He thrives on the low hanging fruit, so yeah, I suspect "religious freedom" has those elements. During the campaign he told members of the LGBT community that he would protect them. Whoops. Not that non-profits, churches or business paid much attention to the amendment anyway. Kind of like age discrimination. Pretty hard to prove so roundly ignored.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #828 on: May 04, 2017, 09:14:03 am »

I'm going to buy a car just to make a point. But an import though.

That is 1.  Out of tens of thousands not being sold now...

I'm gonna go find an old beater to buy...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #829 on: May 04, 2017, 09:17:27 am »

Kind of like age discrimination. Pretty hard to prove so roundly ignored.

Impossible.

And they all know how to get around it anyway - just keep a token old guy or two around that you can point to and say, "See, we got old people..."

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #830 on: May 04, 2017, 02:04:18 pm »

The House voted to do something with Obamacare. Not sure what it means, other than this appears to be Trump's response.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #831 on: May 04, 2017, 02:08:51 pm »

The House voted to do something with Obamacare. Not sure what it means, other than this appears to be Trump's response.

It lets them say to their sycophants that they did something at a town hall.  Then the Senate will tweak it and pass something so THEY can say they did something.  Then, it probably will die because a month long recess happens and they won't be able to resolve the differences - but gives them "pointing" rights to the other side so they can shift the blame to the House/Senate, depending on which they are in.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #832 on: May 04, 2017, 02:28:07 pm »

It lets them say to their sycophants that they did something at a town hall.  Then the Senate will tweak it and pass something so THEY can say they did something.  Then, it probably will die because a month long recess happens and they won't be able to resolve the differences - but gives them "pointing" rights to the other side so they can shift the blame to the House/Senate, depending on which they are in.

Several Republican Senators are intonating they won't vote for it.  Lindsay Graham seems to be one of them.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #833 on: May 05, 2017, 07:35:35 am »

This President can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth.

After the house passed the initial repeal bill yesterday, during a meeting with the Australian PM, Trump lauded the Australian health care system.

Guess what?  That system is a single-payer/universal system.

Oops.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #834 on: May 05, 2017, 08:19:00 am »

Raging right wing lunatic says no evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/05/04/sen-feinstein-no-evidence-of-russian-collusion-with-trump-campaign-at-this-time/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #835 on: May 05, 2017, 10:07:54 am »

Raging right wing lunatic says no evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/05/04/sen-feinstein-no-evidence-of-russian-collusion-with-trump-campaign-at-this-time/

Ahhh...good to know..!   Much like the very first Congressional hearings on Benghazi that found nothing wrong...!   Nor numbers 2 through 8.  Plus several other smaller committee "studies" on the topic.

Unlike those, this one will find the connection between Trump and Putin if it is a real investigation.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #836 on: May 05, 2017, 10:34:51 am »

Trumpcare cuts $880 billion from Medicaid. It replaces subsides for healthcare with tax credits that go to families making up to $150,000 a year. Poor people that can’t afford healthcare won’t get the tax credits because they can’t afford the premiums and have no guarantee of coverage, but wealthier Americans that can afford insurance already get a nice tax credit. This bill also removes requirements that insurers cover pre-existing conditions by allowing states to replace them with useless high risk pools. It also allow insurers to raise insurance rates on older Americans by 500% and allows them to exclude certain illnesses from coverage and brings back the lifetime cap on coverage.  It rolls back Medicaid expansion removing coverage from millions of poor working class Americans.

It has yet to be scored by the CBO, but again this is going to cause 20+ million Americans to lose healthcare coverage and will increase costs to older and sick Americans who do retain coverage. Thousands of people are going to die every year due to this bill. Before Obamacare in 2009 it was estimated that 45,000 Americans died every year due to lack of insurance coverage. Those days are coming back and more because this bill doesn’t just cut back to what was there before Obamacare, it cuts even more than that.

Because in reality, this is a tax cut bill. It cuts taxes by $592 billion for Americans making over $200,000 a year. That’s what this is about.

A tax cut leveraged on the deaths of poor people and older Americans that can’t afford insurance. And even if you have coverage and say you get cancer and the treatments cost more than your lifetime insurance cap? Screw you, go and die. If your kid is born with a birth defect and the cost of surgery is more than your lifetime cap, eh, what’s another dead baby, right?

Republicans had a party, brought in beer to the Rose Garden and celebrated all this. Miller Time Baby!

But her emails, right?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #837 on: May 05, 2017, 10:42:17 am »

"...at this time." When Comey was asked directly by Franken whether this election was stolen by the Russians, his answer was succinct. "Yes". So either this is in fact the dumbest president ever or his group was involved. Unless there is an independent investigation we'll never know.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #838 on: May 05, 2017, 11:21:55 am »

If your kid is born with a birth defect and the cost of surgery is more than your lifetime cap, eh, what’s another dead baby, right?

Just as long as the kid's not aborted...this way it's God's plan.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #839 on: May 05, 2017, 11:48:57 am »

So personal stories about "pre-existing" conditions.

I had one child that was born with an abnormally shaped head. None of the "fixes" were covered under my "Obamacare"acceptable plan because he was born that way. He was not "injured" and needed rehab.

Same for another child that did not speak for a few years after his birth. If it was rehab it would have been covered. But since he couldn't speak at birth it's just considered something insurance won't pay for.

Fun times.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org