A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:45:59 am
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1469555 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #690 on: April 18, 2017, 02:19:51 pm »

Buy American/Hire American signed today by the president. Needs to practice what he preaches a bit, but this I am sure means a lot to those people in the rust belt. Yes, I know it is racist and xenophobic.  Roll Eyes

This does nothing for the rust belt. The main part of his order targets and reduces H-1B visa, which are for highly skilled workers, mostly tech workers.

I can tell you with personal direct knowledge of the situation that the impact of this order will be that tech companies will simply hire offshore employees in place instead of moving them to the states. The impact will be less skilled immigration, less taxes and more offshored work.

It’s a dumb plan implemented badly and will hurt this country long term.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #691 on: April 18, 2017, 02:45:51 pm »

I have seen this from the legal point of you and your view of the impact of this EO and effects is too limited. And the scope will not be realized until after all the studies are completed.  At least we can agree its racist and xenophobic?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #692 on: April 18, 2017, 03:09:52 pm »

I have seen this from the legal point of you and your view of the impact of this EO and effects is too limited. And the scope will not be realized until after all the studies are completed.  At least we can agree its racist and xenophobic?

No, I certainly don’t know what I am talking about. I don’t work in IT administration management for a global Silicon Valley based tech company. I have zero experience in this.  I certainly don’t work with a lot of people here on such visas. I certainly am never involved with decisions about where we bring on talent, be it stateside or offshore, and the costs involved. I have never been in meetings where we have discussed a tech companies reaction and plan on dealing with both the Trump travel ban and his reduction in H-1B visas.

Nope, not at all councilor.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #693 on: April 18, 2017, 03:50:46 pm »

No, I certainly don’t know what I am talking about. I don’t work in IT administration management for a global Silicon Valley based tech company. I have zero experience in this.  I certainly don’t work with a lot of people here on such visas. I certainly am never involved with decisions about where we bring on talent, be it stateside or offshore, and the costs involved. I have never been in meetings where we have discussed a tech companies reaction and plan on dealing with both the Trump travel ban and his reduction in H-1B visas.

Nope, not at all councilor.

It is "counselor". I am not sitting on a council.

Edited to add that you have proven my freakin point. You're view is limited to IT, not the impact such an immigration policy might have on other professions. And one other thing, I never said you didn't know what you are/were talking about. So don't go all dbag on me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:56:19 pm by guido911 » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #694 on: April 18, 2017, 04:24:34 pm »

It is "counselor". I am not sitting on a council.

Edited to add that you have proven my freakin point. You're view is limited to IT, not the impact such an immigration policy might have on other professions. And one other thing, I never said you didn't know what you are/were talking about. So don't go all dbag on me.

Never claimed to spell well.

Anyway, IT and tech jobs ARE what H-1B visas are about. Over 66% of H-1B visas went to employees in computer related occupations. All other possible occupations made up just 1/3rd of such visas. What I deal with IS what this issue is about.

This isn't about the Rust Belt, it's about the tech sector.

The office space market in Mumbai is booming.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/H-1B/H-1B-FY15.pdf

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #695 on: April 19, 2017, 08:16:12 am »

The disbelief over the outcome, the neverending "Russia" stories that has now attained (surpassed?) "birther" distinction, and whatever else gives reason to scream into the ether on this forum is terrifically uplifting.

With the difference being, of course, the Russia stories are true, while the birther stories were not.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #696 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:06 am »

At least the stories are based in some intelligence and are being pursued by legitimate investigations. It may take a couple of years but trump's group will eventually be exposed. Birthers, Pizzagate and Clinton murderer people will forever depend on rumor, fantasy, myth and alternative facts. The only surprise to me is how easily educated people are duped. But then that's what keeps con men going. The victims wanting to be taken.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #697 on: April 19, 2017, 09:47:31 am »

This whole election and the past 100 days make it hard for SNL to look like parody. Spicer and trump are great material to work with.

It is no longer parody - has morphed into documentary.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #698 on: April 19, 2017, 09:56:49 am »

At least the stories are based in some intelligence and are being pursued by legitimate investigations. It may take a couple of years but trump's group will eventually be exposed. Birthers, Pizzagate and Clinton murderer people will forever depend on rumor, fantasy, myth and alternative facts. The only surprise to me is how easily educated people are duped. But then that's what keeps con men going. The victims wanting to be taken.

Surprising how supposedly educated people are duped when the original authors of the lies - specifically hired by RWRE interests - have not only recanted the entire litany of lies, but have said they are sorry they participated, and that the Clintons specifically did not deserve the treatment they got.  And written books about it.   But that doesn't follow "The Script" anymore, so those same supposedly educated people are either not that well educated (intellectually bankrupt)   OR    are intentionally participating in the ongoing propagation of the lies (the more likely of the two)  showing them to be morally bankrupt.  One common example - referring to Hillary as "Killary"...still in common use among the lowest common denominator.

You continue to believe that people presented with truth and facts will actually react to those truths and facts as such.  What is missing in your (and too often mine) analysis is that truth and facts don't matter - the ends justifies the means!   No matter how intellectually dishonest it is.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #699 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »

I know what you mean by educated people being duped (and these figures where at a time when Russia was hacking the election)  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:11:22 pm by guido911 » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #700 on: April 19, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »

God Bless Us, Every One!

Another one

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #701 on: April 19, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »

Oh, no!! Bill O'Reilly was fired by Fake Fox News! Now what are his viewers going to do for gold coins and self-lubricating catheters!!??

It's a sad day for America! And for those RWRE who are gonna miss a sexual predator on a national stage - all is not lost - there is still Trump!!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:09:59 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #702 on: April 19, 2017, 11:50:24 pm »

Oh, no!! Bill O'Reilly was fired by Fake Fox News! Now what are his viewers going to do for gold coins and self-lubricating catheters!!??

It's a said day for America! And for those RWRE who are gonna miss a sexual predator on a national stage - all is not lost - there is still Trump!!

I hear Trump is looking to hire O'Reilly as his right hand man.  From what I understand that's the hand he does all the grabbing with.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #703 on: April 20, 2017, 10:44:49 am »

Trumps new stance on timber and dairy issues in the US........

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #704 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:49 am »

I know what you mean by educated people being duped (and these figures where at a time when Russia was hacking the election)  Roll Eyes

I don't think you do. Pollsters are about as successful as Shamans. This one was good, having forecast the previous two presidential elections very well but didn't put enough weight on the shenanigans of our traitorous republican brethren including the last minute Comey screwup. Who would have guessed their efforts at voter fraud and collusion would be so effective? Well, maybe you did....

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org