A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:31:39 am
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455356 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #615 on: March 31, 2017, 04:08:33 pm »

Mannafort's buddy from Ukraine recently was shot dead.

What ever happened to good ol’ uranium poisonings and things of that nature from the KGB?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #616 on: March 31, 2017, 04:49:56 pm »

They've lost their sense of creativity and humor. Eleven so far btw.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #617 on: April 01, 2017, 07:53:18 am »

It just keeps getting better and better (or worse and worse?)

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-walks-out-executive-order-signing-ceremony-without-signing-2017-3

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #618 on: April 01, 2017, 11:20:03 am »

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #619 on: April 01, 2017, 06:00:18 pm »

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/paul-ryan-failed-because-his-bill-was-a-dumpster-fire-214952

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #620 on: April 01, 2017, 10:47:32 pm »

He was easy to laugh at when he was the unwanted party guest prior to the primaries.  Then he started winning the damn primaries.

There is a certain amount of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) from the left which is magnifying every single misstep much like there was ODS from right-leaning folk and I find it tiresome.  But honestly I don't see any way his admin will be looked on by history as being superior to Carter or even Harding.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #621 on: April 02, 2017, 02:20:03 pm »

He was easy to laugh at when he was the unwanted party guest prior to the primaries.  Then he started winning the damn primaries.

There is a certain amount of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) from the left which is magnifying every single misstep much like there was ODS from right-leaning folk and I find it tiresome.  But honestly I don't see any way his admin will be looked on by history as being superior to Carter or even Harding.

He will be worse than Baby Bush.  The worst ever.   Already is....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #622 on: April 05, 2017, 01:18:11 am »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #623 on: April 05, 2017, 07:16:27 am »

Still following those shiny things.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #624 on: April 05, 2017, 07:19:23 am »

Still following those shiny things.

You would think that would make it tough for a litigator to work, right?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #625 on: April 05, 2017, 08:25:38 am »

What did Susan Rice do that was illegal or is this just a red herring?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #626 on: April 05, 2017, 08:28:05 am »

Red herring.  Investigations were being done into Russian hacking.  Turns out the Trump team was right in the middle of their preliminary discussions with Russia at the time, so they got caught with their hands in cookie jar.  Using projection, they are trying to push it back the other way.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #627 on: April 05, 2017, 09:04:04 am »

You decide:

In her position as security adviser she is given reports on surveillance of foreigners the US intelligence community has determined we need to watch closely.  The names of US citizens are replaced with identifiers other than their names.  After US intelligence officials warned the White House that Russia was trying to interfere with the election, she asked for the identity of the US persons frequently in contact with the Russians that appeared in the intelligence reports, intelligence officials agreed to disclose.  It turns out those people were associated with Team Trump. I'm not aware of an allegation that the information was leaked by her or improperly utilized.

It appears the Trump White House then showed/leaked those classified reports to the Republican running the House investigation into Trumps contacts with the Russians.  He then took it to the press.  And then the White House reacted to the "shocking" news (which it leaked).  The panel actually investigating the issue is still fighting to see the intelligence and the White House won't say who actually met with the guy.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/30/michael-ellis-ezra-cohen-watnick-gave-devin-nunes-intelligence-info-white-house
https://www.wired.com/2017/04/sorry-susan-rice-not-smoking-gun/

So far as I know, no one is disputing any of those facts and no one that understands whats going on seems to indicate the facts show anything particularly unusual about what Rice did, let alone illegal. But the conspiracy goes on to suggest that the White House improperly directed the intelligence community to spy on Russians hoping to catch Trump associates communicating with them and that the intelligence agencies complied - but I'm not aware of facts that back that up.  Even under that conspiracy, I'm not aware of an allegation that the successfully obtained information was then leaked to the public or handled improperly.  Fairly weak conspiracy theory.

Either way -  when a politics thread descends into clown memes...its pretty clear any meaningful discussion has died and the thread should just fade away. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #628 on: April 05, 2017, 11:35:20 am »

Thanks for that, CF. I really didn't understand how Susan Rice fit into this story. It's remarkably similar to Cheney leaking Valerie Plame to a reporter, then claiming he learned about her from the resulting news story.

Pay no attention to those Russians behind the curtain!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #629 on: April 05, 2017, 11:48:22 am »

Thanks for that, CF. I really didn't understand how Susan Rice fit into this story. It's remarkably similar to Cheney leaking Valerie Plame to a reporter, then claiming he learned about her from the resulting news story.

Pay no attention to those Russians behind the curtain!

And in further news today, it appears that Bannon has been kicked off the National Security Council.

Wonder what he did to get Cheeto McCheetoface upset at him to kick him off.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org