A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455003 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2017, 01:50:10 pm »

And now, there's this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/us/politics/white-house-sean-spicer-briefing.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2017, 01:54:15 pm »

CNN, BBC, Politico, NY Times, LA times is the list so far banned.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2017, 02:08:45 pm »

I'm waiting for the regulars to get on here and say this is 'normal'.

Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:11:34 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2017, 02:40:53 pm »

This is not normal.

In the past certain events were blocked to ALL media, but not ever before (that I can find) has individual media outlets been banned. IMO, he has now taken things to another level.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2017, 02:58:13 pm »

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4658334/spicer

Also, LOL Spicer said this is what dictatorships do.

Don't worry, if they don't get too much negative feedback they will slowly add to the ban.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2017, 03:22:23 pm »

I'm waiting for the regulars to get on here and say this is 'normal'.

Roll Eyes

"It's normal when I do it!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #486 on: February 24, 2017, 03:27:48 pm »

December 16, 2016:

Q:"One of the things the Trump campaign gained notariety for was banning outlets, banning reporters..."

Spicer:  "Right."

Q: "You said, I think, that's not going to happen..."

Spicer: "I think there is a big different between a campaign, where it is a private venue using private funds and a government entity.  I think we have a respect for the press, when it comes to the government.  That is something you can't ban an entity from.  Conservative, liberal or otherwise.  That's what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship. So I think there is a vastly different model when it comes to government and what should be acceptable..."

Today:

White House Bars New York Times and Other Outlets from Briefing

White House Blocks News Organization from Press Briefings

After Trump calls media an enemy of the people, White House bars many news outlets from briefing

White House selectively blocks media outlets from briefing with Spicer

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #487 on: February 24, 2017, 03:29:31 pm »

December 16, 2016:

Q:"One of the things the Trump campaign gained notariety for was banning outlets, banning reporters..."

Spicer:  "Right."

Q: "You said, I think, that's not going to happen..."

Spicer: "I think there is a big different between a campaign, where it is a private venue using private funds and a government entity.  I think we have a respect for the press, when it comes to the government.  That is something you can't ban an entity from.  Conservative, liberal or otherwise.  That's what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship. So I think there is a vastly different model when it comes to government and what should be acceptable..."

Today:

White House Bars New York Times and Other Outlets from Briefing

White House Blocks News Organization from Press Briefings

After Trump calls media an enemy of the people, White House bars many news outlets from briefing

White House selectively blocks media outlets from briefing with Spicer

Oops.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #488 on: February 24, 2017, 04:53:11 pm »

Oops.

Frost: Would you say that there are certain situations - and the Huston Plan was one of them - where the president can decide that it's in the best interests of the nation, and do something illegal?

Nixon: Well, when the president does it, that means it is not illegal.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2017, 07:47:25 pm »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5cH86JWAAAKCnh.jpg

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/25/517257273/trump-will-be-first-president-in-36-years-to-skip-white-house-correspondents-din

Trumplethinskin indeed.  What a baby.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #491 on: February 26, 2017, 09:11:07 am »

Selfie?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #492 on: February 26, 2017, 10:33:56 pm »

Selfie?

CPAC prank

WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal prison population is on the decline, but a new attorney general who talks tough on drugs and crime and already has indicated a looming need for private prisons seems poised to usher in a reversal of that trend.

Nearly half of federal prisoners are in custody for drug offenses, and the Bureau of Prisons budget accounts for about one-third of the department's overall $29 billion spending plan. The population ballooned during the 1980s-era war on drugs as Congress abolished parole and as federal prosecutors relied on mandatory minimum sentences — rigid punishments strictly tied to drug quantity — to seek decades-long prison terms for drug criminals.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2017, 10:06:10 am »

Selfie?

Wedding photo.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2017, 01:00:59 pm »

Wedding photo.

??

Trump marrying a 15 year old girl ??   

Sounds about right.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org