A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:36:59 pm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455030 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2017, 09:09:54 am »

But, point out to me where the previous president (or any of his spokespeople/surrogates) called the press 'the enemy of the American people'.  I'll wait.

Tomato, Tom-a-to. I'm not going to make you happy. If you don't see it, that's your world view. You obviously are fine with it if it is said eloquently. But not when a jack donkey says it. So spare me your righteous indignation when Trump does things that Obama did for 8 years. And you're right, what Trump did pales in comparison to what Obama ACTUALLY did, you know, spying, prosecuting whistle blowers, etc. Pretty chilling effect on the free press if you ask me. Far more so than Trump saying they are an enemy. Truthfully, if Trump said that the press was an enemy to his administration that would have been a factual statement.

My stance is, that it sucks when they both do it. But I'm just not as "surprised" as many on this board appear to be when it happens. And I can call a spade a spade. Trump is frighteningly similar to recent politicians that it makes many squeamish. The screaming of how horrible he is or how he has taken things to a new extreme is just laughable when you only have to point at how much further the last president took it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #466 on: February 21, 2017, 09:16:08 am »

Tomato, Tom-a-to. I'm not going to make you happy. If you don't see it, that's your world view. You obviously are fine with it if it is said eloquently. But not when a jack donkey says it. So spare me your righteous indignation when Trump does things that Obama did for 8 years. And you're right, what Trump did pales in comparison to what Obama ACTUALLY did, you know, spying, prosecuting whistle blowers, etc. Pretty chilling effect on the free press if you ask me. Far more so than Trump saying they are an enemy. Truthfully, if Trump said that the press was an enemy to his administration that would have been a factual statement.

My stance is, that it sucks when they both do it. But I'm just not as "surprised" as many on this board appear to be when it happens. And I can call a spade a spade. Trump is frighteningly similar to recent politicians that it makes many squeamish. The screaming of how horrible he is or how he has taken things to a new extreme is just laughable when you only have to point at how much further the last president took it.

I'm still waiting....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:25 am »

I'm still waiting....

The childishness level and pettiness is being taken to another level on this board.

I point out things Obama actually did, but you are concerned with what someone said because I assume fillings are more important to journalists than loosing your livelihood or being thrown in prison.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2017, 09:36:15 am »

The childishness level and pettiness is being taken to another level on this board.

I point out things Obama actually did, but you are concerned with what someone said because I assume fillings are more important to journalists than loosing your livelihood or being thrown in prison.

Your hatred of 44 is evident.  We know that.   I'm pointing out that NO OTHER President in history has called the press 'the enemy of the American people'.  I'm asking you to cite a source if you can of this happening.  You can't.

I'm not comparing what Obama did.  Sure, he had some hatred of some parts of the press.  I don't believe he ever called them, as a whole, 'fake news', or the 'enemy'.

I don't see where it's childish to point out something that hasn't happened in politics EVER.  You do.  That's your opinion.  But I will never back down on this.  45's rhetoric is dangerous right now.  Even some in his own party acknowledge this.  Why is it so difficult for others.

And stop using the boilerplate 'it's politics'.  No, it's not.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #469 on: February 21, 2017, 09:46:34 am »

erp, for contrast to #45 consider this view of government/press relations in a changing world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdMbmdFOvTs&feature=share

onward...through the fog
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2017, 01:59:03 pm »

The list of what Obama did is definitely not right.  I can understand on some potential national security issues that they would try to figure out who the leaks are.  Much like Trump is doing now.  Fake News and descredited the news is one thing.  You have some great articles about what Obama did. And those are so far worse than what Trump has done.
I'm not sure we have gone a day without at least one attack on the media. Its very weird and it has escalated.  Just because there is due process doesn't mean you can't get arrested.  When it stops escalating people will have a reason to calm down.  The trajectory currently isn't good.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:06:24 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2017, 02:17:45 pm »

The list of what Obama did is definitely not right.  I can understand on some potential national security issues that they would try to figure out who the leaks are.  Much like Trump is doing now.  Fake News and descredited the news is one thing.  You have some great articles about what Obama did. And those are so far worse than what Trump has done.
I'm not sure we have gone a day without at least one attack on the media. Its very weird and it has escalated.  Just because there is due process doesn't mean you can't get arrested.  When it stops escalating people will have a reason to calm down.  The trajectory currently isn't good.

Fair enough, I'll grant you that. I didn't say Trump wasn't a childish ignoramus for goodness sake (he is). And he says incredibly incendiary things (he does). But his actions thus far do not warrant the hyperbole that I see on a daily basis.

And thus far it is politics. While it may not be politics in the same vein that we are accustomed, I think Trump (or those directing him what to do) thinks this will aide him in accomplishing whatever it is he wants to accomplish. I see Trump as more of a provacator, as I imagine many around the world do. A side show of sorts. However, I just don't see that really translating into the doom and gloom that I read every day.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #472 on: February 21, 2017, 04:26:43 pm »

Fair enough, I'll grant you that. I didn't say Trump wasn't a childish ignoramus for goodness sake (he is). And he says incredibly incendiary things (he does). But his actions thus far do not warrant the hyperbole that I see on a daily basis.

Actually, his actions warrant criminal prosecution.  At least for the pedophilia activities.   And inviting Russia to hack the US government is pretty much the definition of treason.

And his actions thus far warrant much more hyperbole than seen in a daily basis.  Except to his apologists.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #473 on: February 22, 2017, 12:58:31 pm »

Trifecta...maybe it will get to someone.

https://www.facebook.com/AwarenessAct/videos/1295228900491644/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #474 on: February 22, 2017, 01:45:24 pm »

Don't have to worry about it for me...I watched every episode and wished there would have been more seasons...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #475 on: February 22, 2017, 05:23:38 pm »

It has become dramatically more pertinent since 2012.  And visibly more so every day for the last month or so.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #476 on: February 24, 2017, 10:08:40 am »

On the news at CPAC "They shouldn't be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody's name" -Trump
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45:21 am »

Trump's now taking a fourth vacation in his first five weeks, four weekends in a row. Going back to the club to drum up some more of that sweet, sweet membership fee money, mingling with the common folk. And going to meet with major Republican donors, you know, the billionaires and Goldman Sachs execs that didn't pay quite enough to actually be in his cabinet. Trump just keeps on draining that swamp.

And this means another $3 million to taxpayers for his vacay. That's $12 million in one month. At that rate he's going to cost us ~$148 million in a year for vacations. That's not even counting what is spent for his sons to go all over the world on "business" and his wife to stay in New York.

$148 million is a good number too. Because that's how much the fed spends annually on the National Endowment for the Arts. Funding the White House wants to end, you know, to "save money". Fiscal responsibility first and all.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #478 on: February 24, 2017, 10:52:00 am »

Trump's now taking a fourth vacation in his first five weeks, four weekends in a row. Going back to the club to drum up some more of that sweet, sweet membership fee money, mingling with the common folk. And going to meet with major Republican donors, you know, the billionaires and Goldman Sachs execs that didn't pay quite enough to actually be in his cabinet. Trump just keeps on draining that swamp.

And this means another $3 million to taxpayers for his vacay. That's $12 million in one month. At that rate he's going to cost us ~$148 million in a year for vacations. That's not even counting what is spent for his sons to go all over the world on "business" and his wife to stay in New York.

$148 million is a good number too. Because that's how much the fed spends annually on the National Endowment for the Arts. Funding the White House wants to end, you know, to "save money". Fiscal responsibility first and all.

Wasn't Trump the one who said he wouldn't be taking any golfing vacations because he'd be 'too busy'.  Yeah, like I thought that's how it would play out.

I keep hearing Danny DeVito's Penguin character from Batman Returns "You gotta admit, I played this city like a harp from hell" when I hear of stuff like this.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #479 on: February 24, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »

I am gonna blatantly plagiarize this....  Thanks!!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org