A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:40:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455529 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2016, 10:44:37 am »

According to several accounts Mary Fallin was passed over for Interior Secretary after an “awkward” interview.  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one:

“Well, I did some interior design work before I was Lieutenant Governor, but I found it just really wasn’t for me.”

If I have heard correctly, it sounds as if Trump might be interested in selling off some public lands.  Or at least at one time he did.  He’s used to being on all sides of an issue so I’m sure he will before he won’t before he does.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2016, 11:36:00 am »

According to several accounts Mary Fallin was passed over for Interior Secretary after an “awkward” interview.  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one:

“Well, I did some interior design work before I was Lieutenant Governor, but I found it just really wasn’t for me.”

If I have heard correctly, it sounds as if Trump might be interested in selling off some public lands.  Or at least at one time he did.  He’s used to being on all sides of an issue so I’m sure he will before he won’t before he does.

Trump expected to pick oil drilling advocate, climate-change skeptic to run Interior Department
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-trump-expected-to-pick-oil-drilling-advocate-to-run-interior-department-source-2016-12

Basically someone to open up tribal land and national parks to oil drilling.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2016, 10:30:13 am »

While we can still laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-w5wbu7GBE

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:01 pm »

Trump expected to pick oil drilling advocate, climate-change skeptic to run Interior Department
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-trump-expected-to-pick-oil-drilling-advocate-to-run-interior-department-source-2016-12

Basically someone to open up tribal land and national parks to oil drilling.

"Earthquake insurance!  Get your red hot earthquake insurance!"
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2016, 12:38:58 pm »

Does anyone know why Trump is so mad about the statements from the FBI, CIA, State Department, Homeland Security, Army Intelligence and others that it appears Russia hacked US political parties in an attempt to influence the election?  It appears all the evidence points to Russia, and no one is presenting evidence or realistic alternatives.  No one is saying Trump was in on it, and no one is denying that Russia greatly prefers Trump to Clinton.

So why start bashing our own intelligence services and ignoring the best evidence in order to side with Russia?

Team Trump is falling over themselves - but the USA messed with other countries elections!  But the FBI wouldn't say they are positive!  But all they did was expose Hillary for who she was!  But the intelligence community was wrong in Iraq!  These statements are being made by Team Trump and Russian politicians at the same time.  And they are arguably true... but skipping over the entire point:

A foreign power repeatedly hacks a US political party in an attempt to influence a US election and gain leaders who will have a more favorable position. 

Foreign interference in US elections is an existential threat to democracy.  I don't care who it is supposed to benefit. To me, manipulating the election is even more hostile than the rebels in Yemen lobbying antiquated missiles at our navy ships in the gulf.  Have things gotten so partisan that it's OK so long as it helps your candidate?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2016, 12:59:14 pm »

Does anyone know why Trump is so mad about the statements from the FBI, CIA, State Department, Homeland Security, Army Intelligence and others that it appears Russia hacked US political parties in an attempt to influence the election?  It appears all the evidence points to Russia, and no one is presenting evidence or realistic alternatives.  No one is saying Trump was in on it, and no one is denying that Russia greatly prefers Trump to Clinton.

So why start bashing our own intelligence services and ignoring the best evidence in order to side with Russia?

Team Trump is falling over themselves - but the USA messed with other countries elections!  But the FBI wouldn't say they are positive!  But all they did was expose Hillary for who she was!  But the intelligence community was wrong in Iraq!  These statements are being made by Team Trump and Russian politicians at the same time.  And they are arguably true... but skipping over the entire point:

A foreign power repeatedly hacks a US political party in an attempt to influence a US election and gain leaders who will have a more favorable position. 

Foreign interference in US elections is an existential threat to democracy.  I don't care who it is supposed to benefit. To me, manipulating the election is even more hostile than the rebels in Yemen lobbying antiquated missiles at our navy ships in the gulf.  Have things gotten so partisan that it's OK so long as it helps your candidate?

In Trumpland the election was rigged against him and he still won despite millions of illegitimate votes by illegal aliens for Clinton. In fact, he won a YUGE historic landslide in the electoral college, one of the best ever, and would have won by millions of votes in the popular vote if it wasn’t for Clinton cheating.

In the real world he lost the popular vote by 2.5 million votes and is the least popular president to ever take office. The very legitimacy of his win is questionable due Russian hacking and some very odd decisions made by head of the FBI, who is a Republican.

Which world do you think Trumple Thinskin wants to live in? His win was just a Yuge as his hands.

That’s why.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2016, 03:11:10 pm »

It's called treason.  Attacking the CIA for calling out Russia is just the next step after he invited Putin and Russia to hack the US government systems.  That was the first act of treason.

Just gotta wonder why so many don't understand that.  Oh, yeah - it's the RWRE agenda - the ends justifies the means - regardless of reality, conscience, patriotism, or morality.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2016, 03:30:41 pm »

Which world do you think Trumple Thinskin wants to live in? His win was just a Yuge as his hands.

That is the internet winner for today.  Carry on...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »

That is the internet winner for today.  Carry on...

I didn't make it up, but I am using it as much as possible.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2016, 08:38:30 am »

I'm really trying to get development threads going and let these politics threads languish, but good God...

Trump appointed a man to Secratary of State who has worked for Exxon for 40+ years and has been given awards of friendship from Vladimir Putin. He has zero public experience and has operated in an entirely different world.  When there are serious concerns that Trump is Putin's man, this is not helping.  If I were any of our allies on the border with Russia - I'd be terrified.  If I were an ally in the middle east, where Russia is suddenly relevant there, I'd be terrified. What chance does Ukraine have of keeping its territory now?

And... he appointed to the head of the Department of Energy a person who forgot the name of the agency when trying to argue it should be eliminated.  The current head is a nuclear physicist, which make sense because the department is in charge of all nuclear materials as well as research on nuclear weapons.  Rick Perry's last job was Dancing with the Stars.
http://time.com/4598910/rick-perry-department-energy-oops-gaffe/

No hyperbole:  many of these picks could have been made by an SNL skit, and people would have laughed and laughed and laughed.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2016, 08:40:09 am »

I'm really trying to get development threads going and let these politics threads languish, but good God...

Trump appointed a man to Secratary of State who has worked for Exxon for 40+ years and has been given awards of friendship from Vladimir Putin. He has zero public experience and has operated in an entirely different world.  When there are serious concerns that Trump is Putin's man, this is not helping.  If I were any of our allies on the border with Russia - I'd be terrified.  If I were an ally in the middle east, where Russia is suddenly relevant there, I'd be terrified. What chance does Ukraine have of keeping its territory now?

And... he appointed to the head of the Department of Energy a person who forgot the name of the agency when trying to argue it should be eliminated.  The current head is a nuclear physicist, which make sense because the department is in charge of all nuclear materials as well as research on nuclear weapons.  Rick Perry's last job was Dancing with the Stars.

No hyperbole:  many of these picks could have been made by an SNL skit, and people would have laughed and laughed and laughed.

It is the world's worst bad joke being played on the American people on a grand scale.  But it's real.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2016, 08:58:10 am »

Big money special interests are now directly running the country:
We have Exxon and Big Oil running our energy, diplomatic and climate policy.
We have Fast Food running labor policy
We have Goldman Sachs running economic policy, treasury and commerce
We have a billionaire religious school activist running public education policy
And instead of our traditional civilian control of the military, we have the military in control of themselves, intelligence and homeland security

For the 1% donating money to campaigns used to mean that big contributors got special access to policy makers that the general public did not have. Trump called this a “Swamp” that he was going to drain. Instead, it turns out that if you donated millions to Trump you not only get access, you get to directly run the government department of your choice. The swamp is now in control.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2016, 12:39:53 pm »

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »

Drinking Ice Tea out of a Jack Daniels bottle.

I'm waiting for all the people who promised they were going to Canada to go.  Actually, we are still waiting for some who promised to go to Canada when Bush II was elected to go.

Grin
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:47:13 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2016, 02:25:44 pm »

Drinking Ice Tea out of a Jack Daniels bottle.

I'm waiting for all the people who promised they were going to Canada to go.  Actually, we are still waiting for some who promised to go to Canada when Bush II was elected to go.

Grin

Being that's John Belushi, and knowing what he was like during filming of that movie, that could very well be real JD in that bottle.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org