A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:08:37 pm
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1476243 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4125 on: October 12, 2023, 06:42:49 pm »

It's not as though Israel was unprovoked.

If you keep pushing people into a corner and bullying them long enough, they will fight back. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4126 on: October 12, 2023, 06:49:01 pm »

And now for something totally the same and just as disgusting as ever....  Ted Cruz.  Of course.

This time he is lying about Biden not stating support to Israel for days.   In Ted Psycho World, days are actually about 45 minutes each, so if he meant 3 days, that really is a couple of hours.  Which is the Real World time frame.

Maybe Ted just didn't hear it til now...over a week later.  Maybe he was in Cancun hiding from the Florida storms...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4127 on: October 13, 2023, 08:28:22 am »

If you keep pushing people into a corner and bullying them long enough, they will fight back. 

Chicken and egg.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4128 on: October 13, 2023, 08:44:27 am »

Chicken and egg.

Then we break the cycle by not choosing sides.

But back on topic:

Donald Trump’s inflammatory and artless comments about Hamas’ horror in Israel emphasize the defining characteristic of his attitude toward foreign policy and his
entire political world view: It’s all about him.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/politics/donald-trump-israel-netanyahu-diplomacy/index.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4129 on: October 13, 2023, 11:18:29 am »

Chicken and egg.

I ordered a chicken and an egg on Amazon.   We will see.

I showed 100+ years of back and forth.  1947 is an inflection point, much like here in the 1830's, when ethnic cleansing started in earnest.  In Israel (1947) and the US (1830's), codified in law.  If you just look at the body count, Israel is WAY ahead.  Almost seems to be a formula.  They, as well as Palestinian organizations have been censured by various international organizations, and have been committing war crimes by the Geneva treaties for decades.  And they are the ones who continue to take territory and built settlements which are illegal, even by their law!

And we also have Egypt telling the world they have been warning Israel that something was coming for quite a while.  So, could this have been a martyr opportunity, much like our response to knowledge about Japanese plans to attack us at either Pearl or Midway?   (Just a coincidence how we were able to save the aircraft carriers, while getting rid of a bunch of old and busted battleships that could then be replaced with new hotness.)

I think these attacks were an abomination!  And if I were Israeli, I would be reacting exactly the same.  But for an accident of birth, Palestinians just happen to be in the exact opposite situation.  If I were Palestinian, I would most likely be reacting the way they react.   It is a situational/conditional morality thing.

An interesting side note that I find laughable - how many of the extremist right, radicals that are all about saying things like it has been 75 years since Palestinians lost....they should just get over it!   As they wave their confederate flags celebrating treason, slavery, racism, bigotry.... 160 years ago.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4130 on: October 13, 2023, 11:19:28 am »

Then we break the cycle by not choosing sides.

But back on topic:

Donald Trump’s inflammatory and artless comments about Hamas’ horror in Israel emphasize the defining characteristic of his attitude toward foreign policy and his
entire political world view: It’s all about him.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/politics/donald-trump-israel-netanyahu-diplomacy/index.html

I heard him say it was Hummus attacking Israel.

Just another one of his lies - chickpeas can't carry weapons!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4131 on: October 14, 2023, 08:25:54 am »

In Trump's Truth Social video, released on Friday, the former president said: "The same people that raided Israel are pouring into our once beautiful USA through our totally open southern border at record numbers. These are the same people, many of them, that did a number in Israel, a sneak attack."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-same-people-who-attacked-israel-are-crossing-us-border-1834731

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #4132 on: October 17, 2023, 06:39:17 am »

In Trump's Truth Social video, released on Friday, the former president said: "The same people that raided Israel are pouring into our once beautiful USA through our totally open southern border at record numbers. These are the same people, many of them, that did a number in Israel, a sneak attack."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-same-people-who-attacked-israel-are-crossing-us-border-1834731

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4133 on: October 28, 2023, 08:54:54 pm »

Hamas has killed about 1,400 Israelis in this episode.  A couple hundred children.

Israel has killed almost 7,500.   2,000 children.

5:1 overall.  8:1 or more for children.   About the typical 'exchange rate' over the last 75 years or so.

Anyone who kills or even mistreats children is an abomination against nature!   Hamas and Israeli are both showing what they are.

Update:   Israeli kill toll is over 8,000 now.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 11:03:21 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4134 on: October 30, 2023, 11:07:30 am »

So many failures!

This gives a pretty decent timeline and explanation of what has been going on in Israel since the fascists under Netanyahoo took over.  And all of that, PLUS the fact that Egypt was giving them a heads up weeks before this happened!   Their government has taken Israel down a rabbit hole that will be hard to overcome!   They have been wildly successful at doing to Israel what T**** has been trying to do to the US.

And lest anyone think that maybe this is a hit piece by by anti-Israeli's, the lead author, Ronen Bergman, is well respected journalist from Israel.  His bio is in second link.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/29/world/middleeast/israel-intelligence-hamas-attack.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronen_Bergman

« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 11:11:33 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4135 on: November 03, 2023, 09:59:05 am »

So many failures!

This gives a pretty decent timeline and explanation of what has been going on in Israel since the fascists under Netanyahoo took over.  And all of that, PLUS the fact that Egypt was giving them a heads up weeks before this happened!   Their government has taken Israel down a rabbit hole that will be hard to overcome!   They have been wildly successful at doing to Israel what T**** has been trying to do to the US.

And lest anyone think that maybe this is a hit piece by by anti-Israeli's, the lead author, Ronen Bergman, is well respected journalist from Israel.  His bio is in second link.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/29/world/middleeast/israel-intelligence-hamas-attack.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronen_Bergman

Looking ahead:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/29/opinion/israel-hamas-ceasefire.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4136 on: November 12, 2023, 01:55:09 pm »

Before a cheering crowd celebrating the day we honor those who fought to defend democracy, Donal Trump outlined his plan to destroy it.

“Today, ‘in honor of our great Veterans,’ ex-President demands on social media to ‘root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists and Radical Left Thugs that live like
vermin within the confines of our Country,’ presidential historian Michael Beschloss tweeted Saturday. “Please tell us if this reminds you of any earlier historical
figure.” The use of “vermin,” according to Michael Tomasky, the editor of The New Republic, is “an unusual word choice….And it appears in history in chiefly in one
context, and one context only,” calling it Trump’s usage “straight-up Nazi talk, in a way he’s never done quite before.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/11/12/trump-compares-political-foes-to-vermin-on-veterans-day-echoing-nazi-propaganda/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4137 on: November 12, 2023, 05:46:32 pm »

Before a cheering crowd celebrating the day we honor those who fought to defend democracy, Donal Trump outlined his plan to destroy it.

“Today, ‘in honor of our great Veterans,’ ex-President demands on social media to ‘root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists and Radical Left Thugs that live like
vermin within the confines of our Country,’ presidential historian Michael Beschloss tweeted Saturday. “Please tell us if this reminds you of any earlier historical
figure.” The use of “vermin,” according to Michael Tomasky, the editor of The New Republic, is “an unusual word choice….And it appears in history in chiefly in one
context, and one context only,” calling it Trump’s usage “straight-up Nazi talk, in a way he’s never done quite before.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/11/12/trump-compares-political-foes-to-vermin-on-veterans-day-echoing-nazi-propaganda/

As if anyone with a brain would expect anything else from him.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4138 on: November 13, 2023, 09:56:57 pm »

Lol.!!!   Just saw the most hilarious thing... and I bet they actually expected someone to take them seriously!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/under-ethics-pressure-supreme-court-announces-it-s-adopting-code-of-conduct/ar-AA1jS4yr?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=0b25e44ab02243b2a26bbec38b62c41a&ei=20

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4139 on: November 25, 2023, 09:26:38 am »

Former President Donald Trump is lashing out over "fake news" reports of under-attended rallies, while claiming that his political events "never have empty seats."

Trump, the leading Republican candidate in the 2024 presidential election, has repeatedly boasted about his support and the size of his crowds since launching his political career. While his events are often filled with dedicated supporters, photos and video of some rallies have suggested that they are not always at capacity.

The former president blasted the media for publishing photos of empty seats, insisting that "thousands of people get sent away" from every Trump rally in a Truth Social post on Wednesday.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-rages-over-rally-crowd-size-reports-we-never-have-empty-seats-1846182

They sure do:

It boggles the mind to see how far the city will go to keep from admitting this was a huge mistake.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/crime-courts/city-seeks-pause-in-civil-rights-lawsuit-filed-by-woman-arrested-outside-2020-trump-rally/article_7332e262-8568-11ee-b195-33d236b7cf3e.html

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org