A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454918 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3735 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:54 am »

Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) said Monday that the late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was “partially to blame” for the back-and-forth over lowering the White House flags to half-staff to honor the senator.
“Well, you know, frankly I think that John McCain is partially to blame for that because he is very outspoken. He disagreed with the President in certain areas and wasn’t too courteous about it,” Inhofe told reporters, according to CNN Ashley Killough.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/john-mccain-brings-out-the-loons/2018/08/27/6877c6e4-aa35-11e8-b1da-ff7faa680710_story.html

Washington (CNN) As the nation mourns the passing of Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republicans are holding a Senate primary Tuesday in which one of the candidates suggested the announcement that McCain was stopping medical treatment was timed to hurt her campaign.
Kelli Ward, a former state senator who has courted the far-right during her campaign, suggested on Facebook Saturday that McCain's family released its statement saying the senator was ending medical treatment for brain cancer was timed to hurt her chances of winning Tuesday's primary.
The news broke that McCain had died hours after Ward's comment.

Yeah...it's all about her...!  Of course - as one of the Trump Minions.

As for Inhofe, well we have known what he is for decades!  And most Okrahomans just ignore it and keep on putting him in office.  Would expect nothing more from him than a bottom dweller, BS crock-o-carp.  It's what he is and what he does.

I'm thinking I would probably be much more discourteous - almost to the point of rude - if some draft-dodging, 'entitled', little rich boy who pulled every string he could to avoid military service, called hundreds of POW's cowards, after enduring that experience as long as most did.  But hey, that's just me...with a set of morals, values, a conscience, a complete lack of desire to be a pedophile - especially with my daughters - and no interest in stealing and cheating anyone, let alone everyone who has ever done business with me.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3736 on: August 28, 2018, 08:15:54 am »

It would be comical if it weren't so bloody ignorant....since it was himself that did away with Net Neutrality.  Ironic.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-attacks-google-claims-prioritizes-fake-news-searches-102512766--abc-news-topstories.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3737 on: August 28, 2018, 08:17:40 am »

It would be comical if it weren't so bloody ignorant....since it was himself that did away with Net Neutrality.  Ironic.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-attacks-google-claims-prioritizes-fake-news-searches-102512766--abc-news-topstories.html

Trump threatening the free press again. He's such a good little fascist.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3738 on: August 28, 2018, 10:01:48 am »

Trump threatening the free press again. He's such a good little fascist.

And now this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-news-on-google-is-rigged-against-him/

Trump economic adviser: White House "looking at" whether to regulate Google searches
The Trump administration is considering imposing regulations on Google and its search service, White House chief economic adviser Larry Kudlow said Tuesday. His comments follow President Donald Trump's complaints that the search giant "rigged" its search results to show negative news stories about him.

Mr. Trump on Tuesday took to Twitter to claim that Google is shutting out conservative news organizations. The internet company is "hiding information and news that is good," he wrote. "They are controlling what we can & cannot see. This is a very serious situation-will be addressed!"

Asked by reporters if Google needs to be regulated, Kudlow, director of the National Economic Council, said that "We're taking a look at it."

In a statement emailed to CBS News, Google said its objective is to make sure its users "receive the most relevant answers in a matter of seconds."

It added, "Search is not used to set a political agenda and we don't bias our results toward any political ideology .... we never rank search results to manipulate political sentiment."

Google search results for “Trump News” shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake New Media. In other words, they have it RIGGED, for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD. Fake CNN is prominent. Republican/Conservative & Fair Media is shut out. Illegal? 96% of...

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 28, 2018
Google is the latest target in Mr. Trump's complaints that some portions of the news media and social media are biased against conservatives. Earlier this month, Mr. Trump tweeted, "Social Media Giants are silencing millions of people."

Google's search results are tailored to the individual who is searching, such as their location. It's unclear whether Mr. Trump was tweeting the results he received for Googling his own name, or if he was responding to a piece in the conservative blog PJ Media that claims "96 percent of Google search results for 'Trump' news are from liberal media outlets."

....results on “Trump News” are from National Left-Wing Media, very dangerous. Google & others are suppressing voices of Conservatives and hiding information and news that is good. They are controlling what we can & cannot see. This is a very serious situation-will be addressed!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 28, 2018

To be sure, Mr. Trump's tweet repeated the assertion from PJ Media's article, which didn't include an assessment of the amount of content created by different news organizations nor the size of their readership.

Anyone want to spin this to be anything other than Trump the thin skinned fascist wanting to regulate media because they don't all say nice things about him?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3739 on: August 28, 2018, 10:48:03 pm »

Trump economic adviser: White House "looking at" whether to regulate Google searches
Anyone want to spin this to be anything other than Trump the thin skinned fascist wanting to regulate media because they don't all say nice things about him?

Trump Privately Tells Evangelicals to Break Campaign Laws
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/trump-told-christian-leaders-he-got-rid-law-he-didn-n904471

...and again claims Mexico will pay for border wall.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/28/donald-trump-mexico-pay-for-border-wall-799072

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #3740 on: August 29, 2018, 08:54:00 am »

As you know Trump gets a folder of positive news about himself. Everybody kisses his donkey all the time around him becasue he is so fragile.
https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/zmygpe/trump-folder-positive-news-white-house

So imagine what happens when he searches for himself and the entire world doesn't have good things to say? Just imagine his shock when he reads a news article that isn't editorialized and just states facts. Don't they know the tariffs are the best thing ever?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3741 on: August 29, 2018, 11:23:50 am »

Now damn it...if you are in the national spotlight, you need to make sure you don't do this smile...

Florida's GOP gubernatorial nominee says a vote for his black opponent would 'monkey this up'

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/politics/ron-desantis-andrew-gillum-attack/index.html
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #3742 on: August 29, 2018, 02:16:03 pm »

Now damn it...if you are in the national spotlight, you need to make sure you don't do this smile...

Florida's GOP gubernatorial nominee says a vote for his black opponent would 'monkey this up'

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/politics/ron-desantis-andrew-gillum-attack/index.html

Why? He said exactly what he meant. He wanted to make sure the racists down in Florida know which side he's on.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3743 on: August 29, 2018, 02:16:11 pm »

Well, I'm going to take my monkey wrench, and go monkey with the nut and bolts on the monkey bars, and afterwards go visit the monkey's on monkey island while listening to the Monkee's and driving the Monkee mobile.

If I offended you, I tell you what Peter Strzok's wife told him, "Go fund yourself."
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3744 on: August 29, 2018, 02:18:11 pm »

Well, I'm going to take my monkey wrench, and go monkey with the nut and bolts on the monkey bars, and afterwards go visit the monkey's on monkey island while listening to the Monkee's and driving the Monkee mobile.

If I offended you, I tell you what Peter Strzok's wife told him, "Go fund yourself."

Arizona politics ladies and gentlemen. Making Oklahoma look not so awful.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3745 on: August 30, 2018, 10:42:52 am »

Trump's aides reportedly knew he could be criticized for holding a campaign rally while the nation mourns John McCain but decided to hold it anyway

https://www.businessinsider.com/john-mccain-funeral-service-trump-rally-indiana-2018-8

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #3746 on: August 30, 2018, 12:49:34 pm »

Why? He said exactly what he meant. He wanted to make sure the racists down in Florida know which side he's on.

His campaign repsonse was that was exactly what he meant to say. So he meant to say a saying that nobody uses which is odd.  Well except for dbacksfan I guess.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3747 on: August 30, 2018, 01:39:23 pm »

Definition of monkey with
informal
: to handle or play with (something) in a careless way : to monkey around with (something) I told you not to monkey with the lawn mower.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/monkey%20with
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3748 on: August 30, 2018, 02:47:29 pm »

I don't think that he meant anything by it, and it was just a figure of speech.  But seriously, he's a politician.   He's got to do better than that.   
(And I'm fairly sure I wouldn't like the guy, but stupid stuff like that drives me bonkers.)

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3749 on: August 30, 2018, 04:06:12 pm »

As you know Trump gets a folder of positive news about himself. Everybody kisses his donkey all the time around him becasue he is so fragile.
https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/zmygpe/trump-folder-positive-news-white-house

So imagine what happens when he searches for himself and the entire world doesn't have good things to say? Just imagine his shock when he reads a news article that isn't editorialized and just states facts. Don't they know the tariffs are the best thing ever?

Funny you should mention tariffs... I work at a place that uses lots of steel and aluminum and copper.  10:8:3 ratio, approx.  When you do $90 million for the month and tariffs impacted that by almost $4 million - extra cost...that's a big deal.  EBIT hard hit.  Been building for a couple months and will get worse before it gets better.   And that is just one little 'backwater', small market share company in the industry.

Naw...ain't no trade war going on here...  Except in the real, non-Minion world!

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org