A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:45:47 pm
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1473547 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3630 on: July 27, 2018, 02:06:11 pm »

GDP at 4.1%. No idea what that means, but I am certain we will hear more about Russia today.

Did you mean 'up'  4.1%??    That is what Trump is crowing about....  Quarters don't mean much - it's yoy that is significant.  And as I said earlier, this is likely to be just a 'dead cat bounce' due to people getting their purchases made before tariffs really kick in.  Stock market is showing what they expect....all this year.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3631 on: July 27, 2018, 04:07:21 pm »

If there are witnesses that can say that Cohen wasn't there when Don Jr told daddy, that is very difference from saying "it didn't happen", for there to be witnesses, that means that others were present when Trump was told and they know Cohen wasn't there. Right?

Maybe.  Could (although unlikely) be that witnesses were with Cohen somewhere where Trump was not.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3632 on: July 27, 2018, 05:07:13 pm »

Maybe.  Could (although unlikely) be that witnesses were with Cohen somewhere where Trump was not.

It just seems awfully iffy to claim to have witnesses to something you are claiming didn't happen.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3633 on: July 27, 2018, 05:24:44 pm »

It just seems awfully iffy to claim to have witnesses to something you are claiming didn't happen.

Proving the negative is (almost?) always difficult.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3634 on: July 28, 2018, 12:40:49 pm »

Stormy Daniels’ attorney, Michael Avenatti says he represents three more women who claim they were paid for NDAs by President Trump’s team.Trump, AMI Entertainment and Michael Cohen. One of them "was pregnant at the time".

Did Trump pay for an abortion?

http://abc7.com/politics/stormy-daniels-attorney-says-3-other-women-were-paid-to-stay-quite-by-trump-cohen/3830894/
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #3635 on: July 30, 2018, 07:39:35 am »

Evangelicals have already shown their hypocrisy with their support for Trump.  It could come out that he paid for 100 abortions. They don't care.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3636 on: July 30, 2018, 08:13:51 am »

Evangelicals have already shown their hypocrisy with their support for Trump.  It could come out that he paid for 100 abortions. They don't care.

Nor would they care about collusion after it got a blessing of sorts from Team Trump

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399461-giuliani-collusion-is-not-a-crime

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3637 on: July 30, 2018, 08:55:32 am »

Trying to rationalize the stupidity of tariffs and the trade war Trump has brought us;

Commerce Secretary wants to know who in the world is gonna be bothered by $0.006 change in cost of steel for a can of soup... ?

Well we know who won't be - billionaires like him and his closest buddies....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=GvrQxSb4QtM

Presumably there is a similar number for cans of pop.  And while there may only be many millions of cans of soup, there are billions of cans of pop.  Adds up to big numbers that certainly won't bother the billionaires but will have an effect on the bottom 95% of people in the country.    "Let them eat cake!!"

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3638 on: July 31, 2018, 08:35:36 am »

Trying to rationalize the stupidity of tariffs and the trade war Trump has brought us;

Commerce Secretary wants to know who in the world is gonna be bothered by $0.006 change in cost of steel for a can of soup... ?

Well we know who won't be - billionaires like him and his closest buddies....

The Trump administration is proposing a huge tax cut for the rich that bypasses Congress
http://theweek.com/speedreads/787741/trump-administration-proposing-huge-tax-cut-rich-that-bypasses-congress

and while we're at it;

Collusion is not a crime, but that doesn't matter because there was No Collusion (except by Crooked Hillary and the

Democrats)!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 31, 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1024263146008207361

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3639 on: July 31, 2018, 08:57:28 am »

United States Steel reacted almost gleefully to tariffs on imported steel. I'm wondering, though, if they've kept their prices low compared to imports inorder to get more market share or if they've increased their prices to take advantage of higher import prices? I'd think either way their profits should go up, but I don't know how to find the information.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3640 on: August 01, 2018, 10:07:34 am »

"Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?"
Or something like that. Our Criminal-In-Chief is urging Jeff Sessions to end Mueller's investigation, which would likely require firing Mueller and all his staff. Could we see another Saturday Night Massacre?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3641 on: August 01, 2018, 10:10:51 am »

United States Steel reacted almost gleefully to tariffs on imported steel. I'm wondering, though, if they've kept their prices low compared to imports inorder to get more market share or if they've increased their prices to take advantage of higher import prices? I'd think either way their profits should go up, but I don't know how to find the information.

Any products containing steel that I sell between two of our businesses have all gone up, regardless of point of origin, it seems.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3642 on: August 01, 2018, 12:11:56 pm »

Any products containing steel that I sell between two of our businesses have all gone up, regardless of point of origin, it seems.

All this winning...it's too much.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3643 on: August 01, 2018, 02:05:43 pm »

We had 12% (approx) increase in steel and 15% increase in Al this year before tariffs - buyers and manufacturing are 'bracing' themselves - they are being told another 12 to 25% -ish before year end.

Local steel/Al will use this chance to kick  their prices up, too.  As is always done.  Only losers in this are everyone who doesn't own a steel mill...

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3644 on: August 02, 2018, 09:55:39 am »

Erasing Obama:  Trump administration revokes fuel-efficiency requirements
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/trump-administration-revokes-obama-era-fuel-economy-standards-n896846

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org