A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:45:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1476718 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3405 on: June 13, 2018, 07:21:32 am »

And you are the abject contrairian just like Juan Williams, and sound like the same broken record that he is.

Oh, ouch... how  that stings...Lol..!!

Actually, I am in reactionary mode - when he makes stupid, insulting comments, I point them out for the childish 7th grade dropout garbage that his stunted development has brought us.  He is he one repeatedly warned by Moderators to quit making profane insults and potty mouth trash on this site.  But if you think he is just fine, well, good for you...you do remember 7th grade, don't you?   

Much like my responses to similar garbage from Trump, by the way!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3406 on: June 13, 2018, 07:22:46 am »

Oh the Irony...LoL...!!!

How cool is that!!??   Learned a new, 3 syllable word?   Who helped you?   How many months did it take??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3407 on: June 13, 2018, 08:30:37 am »

And you are the abject contrairian just like Juan Williams, and sound like the same broken record that he is.

Ohh, a FoxNews fan. Please tell us all about Fox and their thinking on how to handle Kim.

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-video-trump-obama-north-korea-848618
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3408 on: June 13, 2018, 09:29:03 am »

Exactly what would be expected of Hannity and the entire Fake Fox News Fakery.

If it weren't for double standards, Trump and the Republicontins would have no standards at all.

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1006701349910675457

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3409 on: June 13, 2018, 09:50:26 am »

If it weren't for double standards, Trump and the Republicontins would have no standards at all.

I was telling this same exact narrative to my coworkers the other day.  If Obama had sat down with Kim the entire conservative movement and most Republicans would have called for his head on a pike.  They excoriated him for even suggesting he'd talk to NK during one of his Presidential debates (I can't see the video, so maybe it makes this point).

And then of course one of the President's staffers suggesting Jim Acosta of CNN have his press credentials revoked.  Authoritarians do this, not leaders of a Democratic Republic.   Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3410 on: June 13, 2018, 10:09:06 am »

To be fair all I see on here is criticism of Trump for meeting with Kim, and deflecting and protecting of the Iran deal, so there ain't really a leg to stand on here. You all are no better than this charlatan you mock. And when I say all, I just mean a few well known posters.

And to be more fair (not to Hannity but to conservatives who were irritated with the Iran deal), most were irritated at the result of the deal, not the attempt.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:13:03 am by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3411 on: June 13, 2018, 10:14:52 am »

I was telling this same exact narrative to my coworkers the other day.  If Obama had sat down with Kim the entire conservative movement and most Republicans would have called for his head on a pike.  They excoriated him for even suggesting he'd talk to NK during one of his Presidential debates (I can't see the video, so maybe it makes this point).

And then of course one of the President's staffers suggesting Jim Acosta of CNN have his press credentials revoked.  Authoritarians do this, not leaders of a Democratic Republic.   Roll Eyes

Jim Acosta is a distraction from real reporting. Once he realizes he is not the story he will do much better. And lay off the authoritarian business. Perhaps the most authoritarian president we ever had is considered the best (or second best) out of all of them. That word, like racist, is losing its meaning.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3412 on: June 13, 2018, 10:17:05 am »

To be fair all I see on here is criticism of Trump for meeting with Kim, and deflecting and protecting of the Iran deal, so there ain't really a leg to stand on here. You all are no better than this charlatan you mock.

I'm not knocking Trump for meeting with Kim.  In fact, a day or two back, I said I think it is a good idea to talk.  I also said we should make some concessions to get the ball rolling - they can always go back on if it don't work out.  Just like Obama did with Iran.  And Cuba.  And tried with NK as did others.

Edit; the reason they were upset about Iran was that it was working.  Can't have a black man do something right!  Makes the KKK and the skin heads look bad when their lies are exposed!

What I knock is the blatant hypocrisy - you can see it right there on the Hannity video if you care enough about reality to look - of the RWRE for their lies, distortions, disparagement, and flat out disgusting behavior in situations like this.

As for what Trump has given away with no reciprocity, well, we will see how that works out.  War games can start back up at any time.  Although, it would be stupid to withdraw our troops any time soon, but that is the kind of thing one can expect from Trump.  Either stupid, illogical, illegal, immoral, or all of the above.  Usually at the same time.

Interesting little side note - Cohen's lawyers quit.  Gee, I wonder why??   Maybe they want to keep what reputation they have left when they saw the true loosing magnitude of what they were trying to defend??

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-likely-cooperate-attorneys-142803074--abc-news-topstories.html

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:18:37 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3413 on: June 13, 2018, 10:50:56 am »

After meeting with North Korean dictator, Trump calls press America's 'biggest enemy'

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/13/media/trump-tweet-media/index.html

Back to this again
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3414 on: June 13, 2018, 11:01:37 am »

To be fair all I see on here is criticism of Trump for meeting with Kim, and deflecting and protecting of the Iran deal, so there ain't really a leg to stand on here. You all are no better than this charlatan you mock. And when I say all, I just mean a few well known posters.

And to be more fair (not to Hannity but to conservatives who were irritated with the Iran deal), most were irritated at the result of the deal, not the attempt.

Did Obama meet with Iran's leader?  And Iran actually did give up their nuclear program. What exactly has Kim done? What exactly has he promised?

This photo op with Kim is all just vaporware, there's no real agreement there and all the concessions have been on our side. We have suspended war games, we met with Kim one on one as equals. Sure Kim claims he shut down his test site, but in reality we have no verification of that at all and from what we can tell that site actually collapsed after his last test and was already useless.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3415 on: June 13, 2018, 11:12:21 am »

Sure Kim claims he shut down his test site, but in reality we have no verification of that at all and from what we can tell that site actually collapsed after his last test and was already useless.

Our people have said that is as close to certainty as can be had next to walking into a tunnel and looking.  Hoping it's true.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:16:38 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3416 on: June 13, 2018, 12:31:12 pm »

Trump hasnt committed to destroying ACA or net neutrality or Iran nuke deal because they are bad but because they are Obama, and he stated so as a campaign promise.  He is obsessed with dismantling his predecessor, perhaps because some people can only make themselves look good by making everyone else look bad.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3417 on: June 13, 2018, 12:45:18 pm »

Did Obama meet with Iran's leader?  And Iran actually did give up their nuclear program. What exactly has Kim done? What exactly has he promised?

This photo op with Kim is all just vaporware, there's no real agreement there and all the concessions have been on our side. We have suspended war games, we met with Kim one on one as equals. Sure Kim claims he shut down his test site, but in reality we have no verification of that at all and from what we can tell that site actually collapsed after his last test and was already useless.

heir, this is actually who I was talking about.  Wink

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3418 on: June 13, 2018, 12:47:14 pm »

Trump hasnt committed to destroying ACA or net neutrality or Iran nuke deal because they are bad but because they are Obama, and he stated so as a campaign promise.  He is obsessed with dismantling his predecessor, perhaps because some people can only make themselves look good by making everyone else look bad.

ACA was on it's last leg before Trump was even elected. And the situation in Iran is arguably no different (sans billions of dollars no longer flowing to Iran) than with the deal. Those are poor examples. While the reasoning in public may have been flawed, when did you start believing anything Trump says. Or do you only believe him when it makes him look bad, kinda like the guy you just made fun of.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3419 on: June 13, 2018, 12:49:47 pm »

oh sorry, I skipped Net Neutrality. Prove to me that communications are a necessity like other utilities then maybe you have something. While he may be against it because Obama was for it is a poor way to try to support bad policy.

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org