A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:41:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1473270 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3195 on: May 26, 2018, 10:38:06 pm »

LOL....T.D.S...In full effect..^^

Lol...you keep trying so hard!  I gotta give you at least a little credit for hanging in there, regardless how ineffective it is!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3196 on: May 27, 2018, 05:27:52 pm »

Israel seems to want to go to war with Iran. And want us to go with them.

http://time.com/5270362/israel-attacked-syria-trump-iran-deal/

Monday is a day we give thanks to those who gave their lives protecting our freedoms. 
Among those things we should be greatful for is that we arent Israel.

Israel’s parliament is to consider a law banning the photographing or filming of soldiers, in what critics claim is a “dangerous” attempt to undermine scrutiny of the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF).

“Anyone who filmed, photographed, and/or recorded soldiers in the course of their duties, with the intention of undermining the spirit of IDF soldiers and residents of Israel, shall be liable to five years imprisonment.”

The proposal was put forward in the wake of the deadliest day in the Gaza Strip since the 2014 war. Medical officials said least 60 Palestinians were killed and thousands wounded on 14 May when Israeli troops fired at demonstrators protesting Israeli occupation.

“We have a responsibility to provide IDF soldiers with optimal conditions for carrying out their duties, without having to worry about a leftist or organisation who might publish their picture to shame and disgrace them.”

An editorial in Israeli newspaper Haaretz on Sunday condemned the bill, calling it “dangerous” and saying its aim was to “to silence criticism of the army, and in particular to prevent human rights organisations from documenting the Israeli army’s actions in the territories”.

Video footage and photographs showing the actions of Israeli soldiers have often become the source of high-profile investigations into their conduct.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israeli-knesset-ban-photographing-filming-idf-soldiers-recording-journalists-robert-ilatov-a8371426.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3197 on: May 27, 2018, 09:35:38 pm »

Monday is a day we give thanks to those who gave their lives protecting our freedoms. 
Among those things we should be greatful for is that we arent Israel.

Israel’s parliament is to consider a law banning the photographing or filming of soldiers, in what critics claim is a “dangerous” attempt to undermine scrutiny of the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF).

“Anyone who filmed, photographed, and/or recorded soldiers in the course of their duties, with the intention of undermining the spirit of IDF soldiers and residents of Israel, shall be liable to five years imprisonment.”

The proposal was put forward in the wake of the deadliest day in the Gaza Strip since the 2014 war. Medical officials said least 60 Palestinians were killed and thousands wounded on 14 May when Israeli troops fired at demonstrators protesting Israeli occupation.

“We have a responsibility to provide IDF soldiers with optimal conditions for carrying out their duties, without having to worry about a leftist or organisation who might publish their picture to shame and disgrace them.”

An editorial in Israeli newspaper Haaretz on Sunday condemned the bill, calling it “dangerous” and saying its aim was to “to silence criticism of the army, and in particular to prevent human rights organisations from documenting the Israeli army’s actions in the territories”.

Video footage and photographs showing the actions of Israeli soldiers have often become the source of high-profile investigations into their conduct.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israeli-knesset-ban-photographing-filming-idf-soldiers-recording-journalists-robert-ilatov-a8371426.html

What do ya call a country engaged in ethnic cleansing?  (Hint; not the US at this time.)

What do you call a country with a "company policy" of illegal settlements in occupied territory - according the the international treaties that country has signed and their Supreme Court has ruled on - against settlements?  The country that won't even follow it's own laws.

What do you call a country that has ignored hundreds of UN resolutions related to the breaking of international law from the treaties they have signed? 

Israel.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #3198 on: May 28, 2018, 10:43:48 am »

What do ya call a country engaged in ethnic cleansing?  (Hint; not the US at this time.)

What do you call a country with a "company policy" of illegal settlements in occupied territory - according the the international treaties that country has signed and their Supreme Court has ruled on - against settlements?  The country that won't even follow it's own laws.

What do you call a country that has ignored hundreds of UN resolutions related to the breaking of international law from the treaties they have signed? 

Israel.

China?  Russia?   USA?    Most of the real powers have done exactly this.   Why are we throwing rocks at Israel?   (Not trying to be a fanboy.)   
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3199 on: May 28, 2018, 08:39:36 pm »

China?  Russia?   USA?    Most of the real powers have done exactly this.   Why are we throwing rocks at Israel?   (Not trying to be a fanboy.)   

Yes, they have.  Way too much.

I throw them at all of them.  It's just Israel's turn today....given our obsession, especially in the RWRE, of blind support regardless of their bad behavior...

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3200 on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:19 pm »

Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 28, 2018

Me, I, me. I did this. I deserve credit. This is unfair to me. Soldiers fought and died so I could make the unemployment rate better. And so on.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/28/politics/donald-trump-memorial-day-tweet/index.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3201 on: May 30, 2018, 11:00:17 am »

Kim Kardashian is going to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform today.

Yup...that is on ABC and NBC.

Kim Kardashian is going to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform.

Yup...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3202 on: May 30, 2018, 11:35:23 am »

So I listened to part of Trump's speech in Nashville when I ran to get dinner last night. It was total nonsense. Just made up crap. Insane. And the crowd loved it.

He said that he got the first $1.6 billion for the wall. (He hasn't, there was $1.6 billion for security and fencing and in fact he was disallowed from using that money for his wall.)
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-wall-funding-for-mexico-border-in-spending-bill-2018-3

He said that the wall was under construction. (it's not, see above)

He said that San Diego County begged for the wall to be built there. (They didn't.)
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/may/09/trump-fact-check-san-diego-county-did-not-ask-bord/

He said that he considered suspending the construction of the wall due to California's sanctuary cities. But he relented when it was too expensive to stop construction. A question. How can you suspend construction that isn't happening? What cost is there to stop something that isn't happening?(it's not, see above)

He again said Mexico is going to pay for the wall and they will love it. (They won't.)

In response the crowd chanted "Build that Wall" over and over. There is no other possible explanation than those people are complete idiots.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3203 on: May 30, 2018, 01:40:53 pm »

So I listened to part of Trump's speech in Nashville when I ran to get dinner last night. It was total nonsense. Just made up crap. Insane. And the crowd loved it.

He said that he got the first $1.6 billion for the wall. (He hasn't, there was $1.6 billion for security and fencing and in fact he was disallowed from using that money for his wall.)
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-wall-funding-for-mexico-border-in-spending-bill-2018-3

He said that San Diego County begged for the wall to be built there. (They didn't.)
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/may/09/trump-fact-check-san-diego-county-did-not-ask-bord/

He said that he considered suspending the construction of the wall due to California's sanctuary cities. But he relented when it was too expensive to stop construction. A question. How can you suspend construction that isn't happening? What cost is there to stop something that isn't happening?(it's not, see above)

He again said Mexico is going to pay for the wall and they will love it. (They won't.)

In response the crowd chanted "Build that Wall" over and over. There is no other possible explanation than those people are complete idiots.

Amazing the lies they'll believe.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3204 on: May 30, 2018, 02:56:52 pm »

Kim Kardashian is going to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform today.

Yup...that is on ABC and NBC.

Kim Kardashian is going to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform.

Yup...

I know it's a whataboutism, but his predecessor made common usage of celebrities to push causes. And now we have a celebrity in the White House, what did you all expect?

http://time.com/4296265/dj-khaled-obama-white-house-criminal-justice-reform/

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3205 on: May 30, 2018, 03:19:12 pm »

I know it's a whataboutism, but his predecessor made common usage of celebrities to push causes. And now we have a celebrity in the White House, what did you all expect?

From Trump?  Given his past record, expected nothing but garbage and we got it.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3206 on: May 30, 2018, 03:42:45 pm »

Why are you even fact-checking Trump?  It's an utter waste of time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3207 on: May 31, 2018, 09:48:32 am »

Why are you even fact-checking Trump?  It's an utter waste of time.

True.   And yet, 30%+  of Americans still believe... what a massive human tragedy - to have so much willful ignorance in the world....

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3208 on: May 31, 2018, 09:54:24 am »

You Libs must be proud.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5791137/Samantha-Bee-calls-Ivanka-Trump-bundt-leading-Megyn-Kelly-call-host-disgusting.html
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3209 on: May 31, 2018, 11:11:00 am »

Kim Kardashian
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org