A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:30:03 pm
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1472977 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2835 on: March 20, 2018, 09:27:25 am »

Yeah, everything has been pitched in the digital age since about 1995. You know, just like lighting and LED billboards, business lighting, highway lighting, and the fact that city ordinances are out dated, and it's all light pollution.

Try not to let your blood sugar get that low.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2836 on: March 20, 2018, 09:45:45 am »

Now this I agree with. The "outrage" seems comical. Higher ed has been mining this stuff for quite some time now, even before Obama's "geniuses" came along and figured out how to exploit it as well.

The only crime Facebook or anyone involved with mining their data has committed is offending it's users. Any advice Facebook needs now is purely PR related. And in fairness to their management's decisions, how could they have known that something that has been going on for years would all of a sudden one day be a problem?

I think you missed the part about CA running entrapment, extortion, bribery, propaganda and disinformation campaigns around the world. And all their links to Russia, Ukraine, Bannon and the Mercers. It's ugly stuff and a warrant is being written to get all of CAs data. I expect for Trump to call for the firing of the head of Scotland Yard shortly because he/she is a hard core Democrat. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2837 on: March 20, 2018, 10:11:50 am »

Blah, blah, blah. You're just like the Herman's Hermits song "I'm Henry VIII, I Am" "Second verse, same as the first".

Yeah...facts are like that to the Minions.

But, hey, there are more and more thinking people out there every day...!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2838 on: March 20, 2018, 10:20:03 am »

I thought he asked for felonies...   Apparently you talk it, but don't have any facts.

So what do you call breaking Federal immigration and housing laws??  And RICO* laws?   We can go with that then....  

I bet you are one who would complain about calling illegal aliens, "unauthorized immigrants", though.  I use 'illegals'.

*Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2839 on: March 20, 2018, 11:23:49 am »

I know a few people who work in the Harley Davidson plant in Milwaukee, plus a few others at other places.  They are very strong Trump Minions.  How ironic that now Trump has put in import tariffs on steel and aluminum, some of these same people are "concerned" about the affect on their jobs may be due to those prices going up...

Not to mention how HD is closing the Kansas City plant while they build a new plant in Thailand.  Not to mention the ones in Brazil and India.

Hey, guys...he told you exactly what he planned to do and you didn't pay attention.   Oh, well.   

Again, just how much are we paying China to make America Great Again...??

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2840 on: March 21, 2018, 11:44:08 am »

Hey, guys...he told you exactly what he planned to do and you didn't pay attention.   Oh, well.  

The Trump Organization lawyer who signed court filings to silence Stormy Daniels was also the lead counsel defending class-action lawsuits against President Trump’s shady, now-defunct real estate school that allegedly scammed thousands of students.

As part of that case, Jill A. Martin even fought in the Court of Appeals to sue one former Trump University student for defamation.

And before the election, Martin tried to stop The Washington Post and other media from obtaining copies of the Trump University’s “Playbooks,” arguing in court papers that unsealing the documents would expose confidential information to competitors.

“Simply put, Mr. Trump’s Presidential campaign does not justify giving the Post carte blanche to expose TU’s trade secrets,” Martin wrote in May 2016. She didn’t prevail, and the employee pamphlets were quickly publicized. (Those “Playbooks” helped Trump’s instructors con single parents and average Joes into paying up to $35,000—sometimes on their credit cards—for allegedly bogus real estate seminars.)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lawyer-trying-to-silence-stormy-daniels-has-done-trumps-dirty-work-before

... a significant minority of voting Americans decided that the golden testicles joke from Austin Power 3 should be President of the United States.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:46:22 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2841 on: March 21, 2018, 04:56:36 pm »

More from the swamp:

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-fired-fbi-official-authorized-criminal-probe-sessions/story?id=53914006

In a vacuum, Attorney General Jeff Sessions' firing of McCabe approximately 26 hours before he would be eligible for early retirement benefits could turn out to be above reproach. The Justice Department Inspector General's Michael Horowitz, nominated to this position in 2011 by then President Barack Obama, had reportedly concluded that McCabe had "misled investigators about his role in directing other officials at the FBI" to speak to the media in connection with an ongoing investigation. However, the Inspector General's report has not yet been publicly released, and McCabe vehemently denies the charges.
And, more importantly, we don't live in a vacuum. We live in the real world where context matters. And what we saw was Donald Trump lead a very public campaign to smear, undermine and ultimately replace McCabe.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/18/opinions/trump-mccabe-firing-loyalty-opinion-obeidallah/index.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2842 on: March 25, 2018, 12:29:30 pm »

Facebook sold the information of their members to anyone that wanted the info and allowed them to develop applications to mine the data on Facebook at will. They started this with Cambridge back when Obama ran in 2012 and he was praised for using technology to help him get re-elected.

The difference:

So the firm harvested private information from the Facebook profiles of more than 50 million users without their permission, according to former Cambridge employees, associates and documents, making it one of the largest data leaks in the social network’s history.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/politics/cambridge-analytica-trump-campaign.html

and then:

LONDON — The whistleblower at the center of the Cambridge Analytica scandal has revealed shocking claims that his predecessor was murdered in a hotel room in Kenya and that police were bribed not to investigate.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:10:13 pm by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2843 on: March 27, 2018, 12:09:05 pm »

Now it looks like all Trumps big support for the military isnt actually to support the military.

President Trump frequently said Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern border as he sought the presidency in 2016. Now, he is privately pushing the U.S. military to fund construction of his signature project.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-privately-presses-for-military-to-pay-for-border-wall/2018/03/27/d79907a2-31c9-11e8-9759-56e51591e250_story.html

rebound
City Father

« Reply #2844 on: March 27, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »

Now it looks like all Trumps big support for the military isnt actually to support the military.

President Trump frequently said Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern border as he sought the presidency in 2016. Now, he is privately pushing the U.S. military to fund construction of his signature project.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-privately-presses-for-military-to-pay-for-border-wall/2018/03/27/d79907a2-31c9-11e8-9759-56e51591e250_story.html

And that is going to go about as far as it did with the Mexican President...

Desperate plays by a desparate man.

TeeDub
« Reply #2845 on: March 27, 2018, 07:25:38 pm »

The facebook leak is pro-Trump?   Then what the hell were the Russians for?
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2846 on: March 27, 2018, 08:12:24 pm »

The facebook leak is pro-Trump?   Then what the hell were the Russians for?

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21419.msg323905#msg323905

TeeDub
« Reply #2847 on: March 28, 2018, 07:48:56 am »

Just curious.....   Will we have the same outrage when we find out Google and Apple are doing exactly the same thing?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2848 on: March 28, 2018, 08:09:11 am »

Just curious.....   Will we have the same outrage when we find out Google and Apple are doing exactly the same thing?

False outrage.  They knew when they signed up for these things that they were giving permission for any use of the info that could be gathered. 

With Net Neutrality going away, one can also expect even more direct, hands on, steering by the people using that data....

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2849 on: March 28, 2018, 11:53:58 am »

False outrage.  They knew when they signed up for these things that they were giving permission for any use of the info that could be gathered.  

Most did not.

The data stemmed from a personality quiz app developed in 2013 by a Cambridge University researcher. Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg said last week that about 300,000 users installed the app, giving the researcher access to their information, as well as data from "tens of millions" of their friends based on Facebook's platform settings at the time.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-facebook-privacy-20180328-story.html

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org