A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:33:42 am
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1475935 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2505 on: January 30, 2018, 10:22:08 pm »

So...do we like Scott Pruitt now?

From a fiscal aspect, he's taken his clown show national and quit cheating the State of Oklahoma.  That's good for Oklahomans, but he's got an even bigger budget to screw around with and even bigger slate of policies to waste tax payer money on law suits. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2506 on: January 31, 2018, 07:42:14 am »

From a fiscal aspect, he's taken his clown show national and quit cheating the State of Oklahoma.  That's good for Oklahomans, but he's got an even bigger budget to screw around with and even bigger slate of policies to waste tax payer money on law suits. 

My point is that it does not matter what Pruitt did or did not do, it’s that he is dumping on Trump so he is obviously a good guy.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2507 on: January 31, 2018, 11:53:01 am »

My point is that it does not matter what Pruitt did or did not do, it’s that he is dumping on Trump so he is obviously a good guy.

I don't think anyone believes two A-holes make a right.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2508 on: January 31, 2018, 11:57:21 am »

Trump said it would take a big event to bring the country together.

Train carrying Congress members hits truck

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/politics-latest/index.html?adkey=bn

So he had one of his minions drive a truck in front of Congressional GOP train?  That's just nuts
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2509 on: January 31, 2018, 12:26:00 pm »

Or a bargain-basement politi¢ian.

WASHINGTON — EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt on Tuesday told a key Senate committee he did not recall telling a Tulsa radio station in 2016 that Donald Trump would be “abusive to the Constitution” as president and agreeing he also would be “dangerous.”

His responses came in response to questions about the interview on KFAQ’s “Pat Campbell Show” from Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., a member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.

“I believe that Donald Trump in the White House would be more abusive to the Constitution than Barack Obama, and that’s saying a lot,” Pruitt said when Campbell asked whether he supported Trump’s candidacy.

“I really believe he would use a blunt instrument. This president (Obama) at least tries to nuance his unlawfulness.”

In response to comments by Campbell, Pruitt also appeared to back descriptions of Trump as a “bully” and “dangerous.”

He went on to suggest that Trump, as president, would not be able to accomplish a number of his goals.

“I think executive orders with Donald Trump would be a very blunt instrument with respect to the Constitution,” he added

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/senate-democrats-grill-pruitt-on-trump-comments-in-tulsa-radio/article_273fce20-d135-52bc-8524-437dc23b8f91.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2510 on: February 01, 2018, 12:02:23 am »

Trump said it would take a big event to bring the country together.

Train carrying Congress members hits truck

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/politics-latest/index.html?adkey=bn

So he had one of his minions drive a truck in front of Congressional GOP train?  That's just nuts
This Bernie bot thought the train crash was a freak hoot...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/former-bernie-sanders-surrogate-on-gop-train-crash-and-trey-gowdys-resignation-god-is-working-hard-to-clean-up-the-stink/article/2647699

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2511 on: February 01, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »

Trump’s brand spanking new FBI Director, Christopher Wray, may resign over the White House releasing Nunes’ ridiculous memo, which is only intended to subvert the Russia investigation and certainly looks like criminal obstruction.

Pelosi and Schumer are calling for Nunes to be removed as intel committee chair. John Brennen slams the behavior of the Nunes and the GOP with the memo. Multiple senior GOP Senators are calling on Nunes to share the memo with the Senate Intel committee (which he has refused to do) and to respect the FBI Director’s statement on the memo. Adam Schiff says the memo the White House is reviewing has actually been altered from the one that was voted on in committee.  I would say this is a clown show, but this is really, really serious.

We are entering Saturday Night Massacre territory now.
TeeDub
« Reply #2512 on: February 01, 2018, 03:27:06 pm »

I heard this and immediately thought it sounded like a good idea...   You know, bosses being able to fire smile employees...

But Trump’s speech was also deeply dangerous for an even more important reason: Under the cover of his soothing rhetoric about unity and bipartisanship, Trump called on Congress to give him unprecedented and unquestionably antidemocratic powers: “Tonight,” he said, “I call on the congress to empower every Cabinet secretary with the authority to reward good workers—and to remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people.”

But apparently this is the worst idea ever as it could be exploited....   Hm.   
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2513 on: February 01, 2018, 04:48:42 pm »

I heard this and immediately thought it sounded like a good idea...   You know, bosses being able to fire smile employees...

But Trump’s speech was also deeply dangerous for an even more important reason: Under the cover of his soothing rhetoric about unity and bipartisanship, Trump called on Congress to give him unprecedented and unquestionably antidemocratic powers: “Tonight,” he said, “I call on the congress to empower every Cabinet secretary with the authority to reward good workers—and to remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people.”

But apparently this is the worst idea ever as it could be exploited....   Hm.   

Civil Service protection is important in a functioning democracy.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2514 on: February 01, 2018, 07:22:19 pm »

Civil Service protection is important in a functioning democracy.

It's important to protect against political whims.  I don't believe it should protect incompetent workers.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2515 on: February 01, 2018, 08:14:20 pm »

It's important to protect against political whims.  I don't believe it should protect incompetent workers.

That's not what he said. He said "remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people."

From a man who demands personal loyalty from people such as the head of the FBI. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2516 on: February 01, 2018, 08:20:03 pm »

From a man who demands personal loyalty from people such as the head of the FBI KGB.  

Sorry I can't help but ignore the similarities between Komrade Drumpf and his Soviet er Russian counterpart.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2517 on: February 01, 2018, 09:57:37 pm »

"... the American people."

Remember that in almost every instance he has referred to "America" or "American people" he actually means himself.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2518 on: February 01, 2018, 10:18:33 pm »

That's not what he said. He said "remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people."

I consider incompetence as failing to do the job which is failing the American people.  It's not the only way to fail the American people though.  Make whatever case you want about what is American people is.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2519 on: February 01, 2018, 11:24:23 pm »

So...do we like Scott Pruitt now?

No.  Even if he recognizes what Trump is, he can still be a D-bag.  Like he is....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org