A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:37:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1476049 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2370 on: January 10, 2018, 10:05:53 pm »

Really guys?

You are going to bring up two unrelated events that happened to two unrelated people in this thread in the 1960s?

Desperate efforts to find something to be a jerk about?

Action.  Reaction.  

But here is something much more timely and applicable to the topic of Trump...

Trump wants to change the libel laws to make it easier to sue people who say things he doesn't like.   Except for the decade of pathological lying he did about Obama's birth certificate, of course....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2371 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:13 am »

Action.  Reaction.  

But here is something much more timely and applicable to the topic of Trump...

Trump wants to change the libel laws to make it easier to sue people who say things he doesn't like.   Except for the decade of pathological lying he did about Obama's birth certificate, of course....

Ironically he could have brought that suit anyway, yet he didn't.

All be it likely because damages would be pretty difficult to discern, or not worth the time. I don't really think it hurt Obama's reputation all that much.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2372 on: January 11, 2018, 07:58:58 am »

All be it likely because damages would be pretty difficult to discern, or not worth the time. I don't really think it hurt Obama's reputation all that much.

51%! of Republicans STILL believe Obama was born in Kenya. It was damaging, and racist. It's still being brought up now by Republican Senate candidates.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-birther-obama-poll-republicans-kenya-744195
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politics/joe-arpiao-barack-obama-cnntv/index.html

And profoundly stupid. These are your climate deniers too. Good and wise people. The fact free party.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2373 on: January 11, 2018, 08:57:22 am »

So 51% of Republicans think Obama was born in Kenya,

Here's some other things Republicans think:

49% don't believe in evolution
66% don't believe in global warming
57% want Christianity established as the national religion.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_22415.pdf

TeeDub
« Reply #2374 on: January 11, 2018, 09:20:08 am »

I polled 2 democrats and they both told me that drinking from the toilet bowl was an acceptable way to cure hangovers.

100%!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2375 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:17 am »

I polled 2 democrats and they both told me that drinking from the toilet bowl was an acceptable way to cure hangovers.

100%!

Go tell FoxNews, it will be their headline in an hour.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2376 on: January 11, 2018, 09:47:15 am »

Here's why Republicans are so often uninformed:

Headlines on Fox right now, no joke:
Handler Unhinged- Outrage grows at comic over vile, homophobic tweet about longtime GOP senator for backing Trump, about Chelsea handler
Exclusive: Tim Allen ‘overwhelmed’ by fans’ call for show comeback
Most extreme 'do not travel' warnings issued for five Mexican states
Female MS-13 member recounts chilling message to murder victim
Ex-‘Price is Right’ model talks Carey, long-running game show

Headlines on Wapo
States may impose: work requirements for Medicaid, Trump administration says
and
Decision to exempt Florida from offshore drilling sparks a bipartisan uproar

NYT:
White House Backs States on Requiring Work for Medicaid
Of 21 Winter Olympic Cities, Many May Soon Be Too Warm to Host

NBC:
Democrats to invite sex misconduct victims to Trump’s State of the Union
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens admits affair after blackmail accusations surface
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2377 on: January 11, 2018, 12:50:06 pm »

And profoundly stupid. These are your climate deniers too. Good and wise people. The fact free party.

Stable Genius at work.  Trump trashes unwarranted surveillance legislation after seeing it on "fox and friends"

Disproven and paid for by Democrats “Dossier used to spy on Trump Campaign. Did FBI use Intel tool to influence the Election?” @foxandfriends Did Dems or Clinton also pay Russians? Where are hidden and smashed DNC servers? Where are Crooked Hillary Emails? What a mess!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2018

“House votes on controversial FISA ACT today.” This is the act that may have been used, with the help of the discredited and phony Dossier, to so badly surveil and abuse the Trump Campaign by the previous administration and others?

Then his babysitters set him straight:

With that being said, I have personally directed the fix to the unmasking process since taking office and today’s vote is about foreign surveillance of foreign bad guys on foreign land. We need it! Get smart!

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2378 on: January 11, 2018, 04:55:43 pm »

Didn't hurt Obama at all with thinking people with functional brain cells.  And probably didn't hurt him with the fascist, klanner, nazi's, too-stupid-to-breath supporters that are Trump Minions - they were already incensed at a black man sitting in the White House.   You did hear the tape from Warner, OK, didn't you??  It's not only alive and well in Oklahoma, as well as much of the rest of the nation, it is thriving.  And emboldened by the actions of President Pedo.

That was only one of dozens...no, hundreds...of pathological lies told by Trump.  Even when it is easier and actually makes sense to tell the truth, he still lies just to keep his hand in the game.  The pattern is so deeply ingrained, it is too difficult for him to stop.  Like Nixon.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #2379 on: January 12, 2018, 09:32:10 am »

Here's why Republicans are so often uninformed:

For laughs I went at looked at Huffington Post headlines...   Does that site even have anything but anti-Trump news?
rebound
City Father

« Reply #2380 on: January 12, 2018, 10:12:05 am »

For laughs I went at looked at Huffington Post headlines...   Does that site even have anything but anti-Trump news?

I've been watching all this for a while now.  I have several news organizations set up on the news feed of my phone.  I can swipe right off the home screen and pick up all the headlines at any given moment.  The level of headline bias is ridiculous on both sides.  USA Today is the only major outlet that doesn't seem to have a hard slant either way. 

(Note: this only for headlines.  I don't read all the various articles.  I assume all the articles are not technically lying, but it's all which stories they want to promote, and how they spin it.)

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2381 on: January 12, 2018, 11:06:24 am »

We expect presidents to exercise good judgement and think before speaking. Trump does neither. And it's this lack of impulse control that's most troubling.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2382 on: January 12, 2018, 11:07:17 am »

We expect presidents to exercise good judgement and think before speaking. Trump does neither. And it's this lack of impulse control that's most troubling.

And what's even more troubling is that his staunchest supporters cite that as a character trait they most like.

What the hell is this country coming to?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2383 on: January 12, 2018, 11:13:17 am »

100%!

Maybe they are from one of those Sh$thole Coutries Trump was talking about....

No doubt his Minions are soo proud of the 'classy' way he represents us to the world!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:15:46 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2384 on: January 12, 2018, 11:16:45 am »

Black Mold gets a bum rap, too.  Dont they ever talk about the good things it does?

/s

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org