A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:18:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1477766 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1770 on: October 16, 2017, 11:03:57 am »

Something to work toward:

Trump allies worry that losing the House means impeachment

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/democrats-house-midterm-elections/index.html

(CNN)Top White House aides, lawmakers, donors and political consultants are privately asking whether President Donald Trump realizes that losing the House next year could put his presidency in peril.

In more than a dozen interviews, Republicans inside and outside the White House told CNN conversations are ramping up behind the scenes about whether Trump fully grasps that his feuds with members of his own party and shortage of legislative achievements could soon put the fate of his presidency at risk.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1771 on: October 16, 2017, 11:06:22 am »

Iran's hardliners say Trump has done them 'great favors'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/middleeast/iran-hardliners-trump-great-favor/index.html

Vicious infighting has raged here since Iranian President Hassan Rouhani signed a landmark nuclear agreement with the West; moderates rally around Rouhani, calling for more political freedom, while hardliners and clerics lament the country's "softer" international stance.

But US President Donald Trump's recent remarks on Iran have infuriated Iranians across the political spectrum -- regime officials say they have forced the heavily politicized society to close ranks. The country's conservatives are saying "I told you so," while moderates express disappointment at the hard line taken by Trump.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1772 on: October 16, 2017, 11:10:32 am »

Trump's Executive Actions May Mean More Headaches For Struggling Congress

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/16/557650672/trumps-executive-actions-may-mean-more-headaches-for-struggling-congress

"We at the end of the day will own this. We, the Republican Party, will own this," Dent said in an interview on CNN. "I believe his action will force us to enter into some kind of a bipartisan agreement on the cost-sharing reduction payments" to stabilize the insurance markets.

Trump said stopping the payments was part of an effort to undo the Affordable Care Act.

"One by one it's going come down, and we're going to have great health care in our country," Trump said in a speech at the Values Voter Summit on Friday. "We are going to have great health care in our country. We are taking a little different route than I had hoped because getting Congress — they forgot what their pledges were."
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1773 on: October 16, 2017, 11:56:51 am »

Well, seeing that the Clintons and Harvey Weinstein have been close friends going back decades I'd say he learned it from Bill Clinton.

Probably learned it together... the big difference, as has been well documented about Billy Bob - and even admitted to by some of his accusers - is that he didn't actually rape or make sex a condition of employment - or any other onerous coercion.  His indiscretions were consenting adults type events.  As if he has anything to do with anything now anyway.    Big difference.  But would never expect an RWRE minion to understand that...  Are you an RWRE minion??

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:00:59 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1774 on: October 16, 2017, 12:33:44 pm »

Something to work toward:

Trump allies worry that losing the House means impeachment

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/democrats-house-midterm-elections/index.html

Nothing to worry about. If Congress tries to pass a bill of impeachment, Trump will threaten to do something dire, like nuke Canada or Mexico or even one of the blue states.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1775 on: October 16, 2017, 01:57:08 pm »

You needed to keep going with that demographic profile. The island is 99% Hispanic/Latino.

http://www.indexmundi.com/puerto_rico/demographics_profile.html

No they are dark-skinned” people. Heiron told me. And the fact that I’ve been to P.R. means nothing—although I will never go back. Screw that ingrate mayor that ignored the efforts by our military and other people that helped out

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1776 on: October 16, 2017, 01:59:53 pm »

Will put you down as an “Iran hardliners” supporter.

bluelake
Activist

« Reply #1777 on: October 16, 2017, 02:33:13 pm »

Probably learned it together... the big difference, as has been well documented about Billy Bob - and even admitted to by some of his accusers - is that he didn't actually rape or make sex a condition of employment - or any other onerous coercion.  His indiscretions were consenting adults type events.  As if he has anything to do with anything now anyway.    Big difference.  But would never expect an RWRE minion to understand that...  Are you an RWRE minion??

You asked a question with the implied answer it was Trump and I simply pointed out that if the facts point anywhere they point to he would have learned it from Bill, not Donald.  Weinstein was good friends with the Clinton's, not the Trumps.  Weinstein donated to Hillary's campaign, not Trump's.

I'm not sure why you're so threatened by someone bringing up Bill Clinton's past.  Also, a lot of people would disagree with your assertion that all of "His indiscretions were consenting adults type events."  Some were but many were not.  Regardless, rape is rape.  I'm not sure rape as a condition of employment matters at all.

You're not sure what he [Bill] has to do with anything now?  I'd say with Weinstein's escapades, along with Bill's past, and the acknowledgement in the news by Hillary that they've all been good friends for years, that this does have something to do with now.

RWRE?  ok I had to Google that one.  Page 1 of Google results gave me 'Rusty Wallace Racing Experience' and 'Real World Real Estate'.  I'm guessing those aren't it.  Further searching I get Right-wing Republican.  I agree with some things on the 'left' and some things on the 'right.  In case you didn't notice, in my post on the previous page I specifically mentioned Republicans in having their hand in Puerto Rico's problems. as well as Democrats.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1778 on: October 16, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »

You asked a question with the implied answer it was Trump and I simply pointed out that if the facts point anywhere they point to he would have learned it from Bill, not Donald.  Weinstein was good friends with the Clinton's, not the Trumps.  Weinstein donated to Hillary's campaign, not Trump's.

I'm not sure why you're so threatened by someone bringing up Bill Clinton's past.  Also, a lot of people would disagree with your assertion that all of "His indiscretions were consenting adults type events."  Some were but many were not.  Regardless, rape is rape.  I'm not sure rape as a condition of employment matters at all.

You're not sure what he [Bill] has to do with anything now?  I'd say with Weinstein's escapades, along with Bill's past, and the acknowledgement in the news by Hillary that they've all been good friends for years, that this does have something to do with now.

RWRE?  ok I had to Google that one.  Page 1 of Google results gave me 'Rusty Wallace Racing Experience' and 'Real World Real Estate'.  I'm guessing those aren't it.  Further searching I get Right-wing Republican.  I agree with some things on the 'left' and some things on the 'right.  In case you didn't notice, in my post on the previous page I specifically mentioned Republicans in having their hand in Puerto Rico's problems. as well as Democrats.

Trump has had something like 20 different women make accusations against him and people voted for him anyway. He has bragged on tape of doing the kinds of attacks that the women describe.

He is being sued now for sexual assault, has settled cases in the past and has a gag order as part of his divorce settlement with Ivana who accused him of violent rape.

None of that mattered and he is now president.

Three women have accused Bill Clinton of assault. None of the accusations were public when he was first elected in 1992 and only one accusation was public when he was reelected in 1996.

The one accusation that was publicly known while Clinton was running for office was by Paula Jones. She first when public with her accusation of Clinton in 1994 before he was reelected in 1996. She subsequently sued Clinton. After years in court Clinton did settle this case but never admitted to anything. This is the case where Clinton lied in a deposition about his affair with Lewinski that got him impeached.

Juanita Broaddrick first made a public accusation against Clinton in 1999. There were rumors going back years before that Clinton had assaulted her but she refused to speak. Paula Jones’ lawyers tried to get her to talk but Broaddrick instead filed an affidavit in the lawsuit that nothing happened and the rumors were false. Broaddrick eventually recanted her affidavit in 1998 when Ken Starr gave her immunity for perjury in the Jones case. At that time she claimed she was not only assaulted, but raped. Ken Starr apparently didn’t take her account very seriously as he ultimately did nothing with her accusations against Clinton and only included them in his report as a footnote. She made no public statements on the accusations until 1999.

Kathleen Wiley made her accusation in 1998 that Clinton attacked her in the Oval office. Ken Starr did take her accusations to a Grand Jury, but Wiley was caught lying to the Grand Jury and her testimony varied from her statements in the Paula Jones case. A friend of Wiley’s filed an affidavit that Wiley asked her to lie in an attempt to corroborate Wiley’s account of the attack. Once Wiley admitted she had lied to the Grand Jury Starr dropped this portion of his case against Clinton.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:51:23 pm by swake » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1779 on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:07 pm »

No they are dark-skinned” people. Heiron told me. And the fact that I’ve been to P.R. means nothing—although I will never go back. Screw that ingrate mayor that ignored the efforts by our military and other people that helped out

Deflection.  Projection.  Denial of reality.

Actually, since you won't actually say the truth of what I said, I repeat - the population of PR is 97% Hispanic and Black.  About 3% what Trump would consider 'white'.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:41:52 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1780 on: October 16, 2017, 08:08:46 pm »

"Obamacare is FINISHED, it's DEAD, it's GONE.. there's no such thing as Obamacare anymore"!

https://twitter.com/President1Trump/status/919964713080954881

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1781 on: October 16, 2017, 08:20:54 pm »

Deflection.  Projection.  Denial of reality.

Actually, since you won't actually say the truth of what I said, I repeat - the population of PR is 97% Hispanic and Black.  About 3% what Trump would consider 'white'.

You are partially correct. Another poster said "dark skinned". This is what you wrote: "And since they are 97% Hispanic and Black, well,... we all know how Trump responds to people of color". [Emphasis]. Not quite as dumb, but close enough as you omitted that part about color from the above. And what I said about "color" earlier applies with near equal force to your bigoted observation about Hispanics and their being of color. 

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1782 on: October 17, 2017, 05:51:09 am »

Three women have accused Bill Clinton of assault. None of the accusations were public when he was first elected in 1992 and only one accusation was public when he was reelected in 1996.

While not an accusation of rape and such, the Gennifer Flowers thing was already out there. So in 92 they were already trying to tamp down indications that Clinton had a "problem" when it came to women and exerting power.

And I believe RWRE must mean all the Women Bill dingled around with. At least that's what Hillary called it back in the day.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1783 on: October 17, 2017, 08:44:39 am »

Sorry - you are relatively new here...and I haven't updated/spelled out definitions for a while.

RWRE - Reactionary Right Wing Extremist(s)

In same fashion;

LWRE - Reactionary Left Wing Extremist(s)

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1784 on: October 17, 2017, 08:59:43 am »

You are partially correct. Another poster said "dark skinned". This is what you wrote: "And since they are 97% Hispanic and Black, well,... we all know how Trump responds to people of color". [Emphasis]. Not quite as dumb, but close enough as you omitted that part about color from the above. And what I said about "color" earlier applies with near equal force to your bigoted observation about Hispanics and their being of color. 

I guess I took for granted that among the Fellow Travelers there was the understanding that Hispanics ARE considered people of color - didn't you get the email??  And as you know, it IS well understood that way for at least the entire history of the US.  It is not my "bigoted observation" - it is those "many good, fine people" in the Ku Klux Klan and Nazis who embrace that definition - as does their leader Trump.  I think of Hispanics as people.  And family. 

But then I also think of Muslims as people, again, unlike Trump and his minions and the Klanners and Nazis - especially the ones that have been, and the few that still are, in the family.

But you know that...   

The Hispanic part of my family (cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, son-in-law, and various other assorted in-laws) would be surprised and amused to hear you trying to ascribe those characteristics to me - the very  definition of projection!  I will share that with them and let you know how they react!  Lol...at least you bring some comic relief to the place.)

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org