A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:24:36 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terence Crutcher  (Read 165359 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2016, 06:53:14 pm »

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2017, 06:41:55 pm »

Kepler had dumped his daughter at the homeless shelter to teach her a lesson, but she fell in love with someone there. When Kepler found out she was in a relationship with the guy on facebook, he used NCIC, cellphone data and other "secure" police databases to background check and stalk the guy, found his house, got shitfaced, targeted him for execution.  Sat in a car until his daughter came out and shot him point-blank in the face.

After Kepler was arrested, a gun magically appeared in a trash can inside the interview room.
O’Carroll, in his arguments, alleged the gun could have been placed there out of the view of surveillance cameras because of the trash can’s position in the room.

He said his client intends to present a self-defense case that will corroborate why there was a gun in the trash can.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/judge-suppresses-former-tulsa-police-officer-s-statement-about-drinking/article_b73c8ea7-8e27-5d6c-8340-912009137bab.html

But sorry, too much premeditation for a stand-your-ground defense.  The union will arrange for a minimal sentence at an out-of-state country-club prison with an early release based on how much good he did while serving the community.

Mistrial Declared In Tulsa Cop's Second Murder Trial

TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa County judge declared a mistrial for a second time in a murder trial for Shannon Kepler.
Kepler is the Tulsa Police officer charged with shooting and killing his daughter's boyfriend in 2014.

Jurors deliberated for 8 and a half hours, before the judge declared the mistrial early Saturday.  The court said the jurors could not unanimously agree on a guilty verdict.

A judge declared a mistrial in November in the first trial for the same reason. That time the jury was deadlocked 11 to 1 guilty.
The lone holdout said he simply could not convict a cop.

Kepler said he learned where Lake lived after putting his name, which he obtained from a Facebook relationship status that linked him to Lisa Kepler, into the Tulsa Police Department's records system the afternoon of the shooting.
He conceded that it was a violation of policy to use the police records system, called TRACIS, for personal reasons but said he was willing to break the rules to protect his daughter.

Shannon Kepler said he fired his revolver a total of five times after claiming that Lake had a handgun and was making "furtive movements." But Gray and District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said in closing arguments that Kepler's actions were not self-defense because he initiated a confrontation with Lake, acted

contrary to his training as a police officer and left the area without calling for medical attention.

“Common sense tells you, ladies and gentlemen, this is not self-defense,” Kunzweiler said. He said evidence shows that Kepler planned to initiate a confrontation with Lake, saying Kepler went home from the Tulsa Police Academy in north Tulsa on Aug. 5, changed into dark clothes, put on a dark stocking cap, grabbed an old service weapon and drove to Lake’s home in a black vehicle with dark-tinted windows.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2017, 01:01:33 pm »

A judge declared a mistrial in November in the first trial for the same reason. That time the jury was deadlocked 11 to 1 guilty.
The lone holdout said he simply could not convict a cop.

So much for the Rule of Law.  Shows what people have been saying about the different standards...  can't convict a cop no matter how guilty he is proven to be.  Geez, what an "Okie" !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2017, 08:10:58 pm »

So much for the Rule of Law.  Shows what people have been saying about the different standards...  can't convict a cop no matter how guilty he is proven to be.  Geez, what an "Okie" !!

After Holmes released jurors from service at 2:30 a.m. Saturday, one of the jurors who deliberated wrote a public Facebook post expressing anger against what was described as two older jurors who “could not look past their own prejudice towards black people” and refused to even discuss the case with the rest of the panel.
(The victim, Jeremy) Lake, who was of partial African-American descent, had just entered into a relationship with Kepler’s daughter, Lisa Kepler, and posted on Facebook the day of his death that they were in a relationship.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/juror-sounds-off-on-facebook-after-shannon-kepler-case-ends/article_deb43a2e-33f8-5cc5-bb0a-3654e191638b.html

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2017, 12:28:08 pm »

The police defense team didnt want to taint the jury by talking to local media, yet bolted to be on "60 Minutes"

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/officer-betty-shelby-says-she-thought-terence-crutcher-was-reaching/article_dc8f623b-1c17-5c8b-b5ef-3ffa3e505b0e.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2017, 12:39:25 pm »

Saw that - story once again does not match the video, but hey, if she can get enough alt-right Failin' fans to believe her - it only takes 1.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2017, 05:55:38 pm »

Saw that - story once again does not match the video, but hey, if she can get enough alt-right Failin' fans to believe her - it only takes 1.

Shelby says the video shows Crutcher looking back at her as he stood near his SUV, something police refer to as “targeting.”

Good to know her paranoia is so diverse and equitable... or is it just hatred towards men?
Any case, this clinches the pretrial publicity as nationwide so its guaranteed she will never get "a fair trial."

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2017, 05:32:06 pm »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/terence-crutcher-unarmed-black-man-shooting-60-minutes/
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2017, 10:13:58 am »

Bypassing the legal system for the court of public opinion is nothing new, but it is a tactic police attorneys like Scott Wood have complained about in the past. 
He'll likely be reminded of that in the future.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2017, 09:41:34 pm »

“I’d rather be tried by 12 than carried by six” is still the polite version of "shoot first, ask questions later."

The defense revolves around all the "commands she gave" that would have been recorded by the wireless microphone Shelby was wearing...the one connected to the dashboard camera with the only clear view of the incident.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2017, 06:56:30 pm »

Betty Shelby Defense Attorneys Told To Deactivate Social Media Pages
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »

The Big Money Behind Bad Cops
TeeDub
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2017, 10:21:02 pm »

Bill Whitaker: What would've changed things?

Betty Shelby: If he would've complied.  If he would have communicated with me, if he would've just done as I asked him to do we would not be here. You and I would never have met and no one would ever know my name.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2017, 10:54:43 am »

Bill Whitaker: What would've changed things?

Betty Shelby: If he would've complied.  If he would have communicated with me, if he would've just done as I asked him to do we would not be here. You and I would never have met and no one would ever know my name.

So lame.  But I guess they gotta have something...

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2017, 06:45:47 pm »

So lame.  But I guess they gotta have something...

Since her dashcam video was suppressed with a sham excuse, her defense team can make up whatever story they want.
Just like this guy did until the department was sued for the video:

Police officer to plead guilty in fatal shooting caught on video

or more recently, this guy

People who commit murder tend to lie about it.  Why is that rocket science?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org