A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:53:10 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COVID surcharge?  (Read 7271 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: June 12, 2020, 11:34:52 am »

A friend said she was charged an extra $3.50 per burger at a local mom and pop place. She ordered 6 for the family, so this added more than $20 to the bill. She said it was never posted on the menu and when asked about it, the owner got rude.

Is it legal to add such a charge without disclosing it?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 02:40:58 pm »

A friend said she was charged an extra $3.50 per burger at a local mom and pop place. She ordered 6 for the family, so this added more than $20 to the bill. She said it was never posted on the menu and when asked about it, the owner got rude.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Attorney General Mike Hunter today announced the state’s price gouging statute is in effect statewide following Pres. Donald Trump’s emergency declaration regarding COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus.

The price gouging statute, or the Emergency Price Stabilization Act, prohibits an increase of more than 10% for the price of goods or services after a declared emergency. The statute automatically triggers after the issuance of a state or federal emergency declaration.

For more information or to file a complaint, individuals are encouraged to contact the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Unit by phone at (405) 521-2029, or email at consumerprotection@oag.ok.gov.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 04:06:35 pm »

Was she crazy enough to go ahead with that transaction?

Would love to know what place that is so I don't accidentally ever go there.....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 08:59:59 am »

Was she crazy enough to go ahead with that transaction?

Would love to know what place that is so I don't accidentally ever go there.....

I know Ron's did this but on the menu it states it.  However kind of difficult to know this when you order online and it's the original menu.  Large burgers get a 1.00 addition, small burgers 50 cents.  Given how much those are it wasn't a huge upgrade, but I know it was the first time I've ever seen it.  Was attributed more to the rising cost of ground beef and never explicitly called a COVID19 surcharge.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 12:41:03 pm »

I know Ron's did this but on the menu it states it.  However kind of difficult to know this when you order online and it's the original menu.  Large burgers get a 1.00 addition, small burgers 50 cents.  Given how much those are it wasn't a huge upgrade, but I know it was the first time I've ever seen it.  Was attributed more to the rising cost of ground beef and never explicitly called a COVID19 surcharge.

Ground beef is ridiculous.  All beef is.  And the real kick in the teeth is the price the farmer gets has gone down.  Raping and pillaging by the barbarian hordes in the middle.  Again.

Now you got me needing a good burger!   Gonna go check out Hank's....we have done Ron's a few times during the pandemic, so time to mix it up.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org