A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:25:12 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Government Leases 86000 Sq. Feet at CitiPlex Towers  (Read 8294 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: June 23, 2016, 09:20:09 am »

Tulsa World reporting that CitiPLex towers leased 86,500 square feet to the GSA, basically some agency of the Federal Government. The is for 20 years and a total of $32,000,000 (averages at $18.5 a square). But the lease only calls for 60 parking spaces. 

Generally offices have between 2 and 4 parking spaces per 1,000 square feet. So one would expect this to have 170 up to 340 parking spaces, if the reporting is accurate. That would be 7-10 floors in most downtown office towers, with 8 people per floor?

I'm not aware of any "backbone" type internet lines running to CitiPlex such that a data center would make sense. The GSA has declined to say what's going in. CitiPlex doesn't comment on tenant matters.

Anyone?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:33:57 am »

I've heard the tower leaks pretty bad when it rains.
Secret waterboarding facility?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:45 am »

Tulsa World reporting that CitiPLex towers leased 86,500 square feet to the GSA, basically some agency of the Federal Government. The is for 20 years and a total of $32,000,000 (averages at $18.5 a square). But the lease only calls for 60 parking spaces. 

Generally offices have between 2 and 4 parking spaces per 1,000 square feet. So one would expect this to have 170 up to 340 parking spaces, if the reporting is accurate. That would be 7-10 floors in most downtown office towers, with 8 people per floor?

I'm not aware of any "backbone" type internet lines running to CitiPlex such that a data center would make sense. The GSA has declined to say what's going in. CitiPlex doesn't comment on tenant matters.

Anyone?

My personal experience with GSA in my professional capacity is they are more-or-less the Federal Government’s "property manager” so it could be any agency which is going in there or this is a new regional office for the GSA.  The stationary engineers (i.e. maintenance types) in our Federal Buildings are usually GSA employees unless that has been farmed out to a civilian property management group like CBRE’s contract on the Page Belcher Building downtown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:30:47 am »

For the love of God, why would they $18.50 per square foot?!?!?!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:52 pm »

For the love of God, why would they $18.50 per square foot?!?!?!

I didn't review the lease, taking the numbers from the World. But the $18.50 appears to be an aggregate. The total price/years = $1.6mil / 86500 = $18.50. So the $18.50 will be the average price per square foot over the life of the 20 year lease 20 years from now, $18.50 is probably a smoking deal.

Re the water leak: I'm no building engineer, but I spoke with a guy about this exact issue. In most towers that leak are a result of pressurization issues on "middle age" buildings. The window seals almost all leak, so most buildings are kept at a positive PSI. Small amount of air leaks out, so water doesn't leak in. It costs money to keep a building pressurized, so a new management company turns it off.

Re the GSA: you are absolutely correct Conan. They are the "general manager" for Federal property and services.  So it could be just about anything.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 12:54:48 pm »

The World is reporting it's the USACE.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 01:44:02 pm »

The World is reporting it's the USACE.

Hmmm...are they moving from their offices at I-44 and 101st East Ave I wonder?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »

Gotta be a secret government installation - conspiring to collect, store, catalogue, and analyze all the various UFO and alien body remains that have accumulated over the years.  What better place than a part of the country that is already 'bat-sh$t crazy' enough to vote for Failin' and Inhofe time after time.

Lol....lighten up people...I'm just kidding...everybody already knows that is being done in a secret bunker under the Oklahoma state capital building!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 02:03:56 pm »

Re the water leak: I'm no building engineer, but I spoke with a guy about this exact issue. In most towers that leak are a result of pressurization issues on "middle age" buildings. The window seals almost all leak, so most buildings are kept at a positive PSI. Small amount of air leaks out, so water doesn't leak in. It costs money to keep a building pressurized, so a new management company turns it off.

On a slightly more serious note...

Yeah, they do turn off the fans for some reason - penny wise, pound foolish.  The damage the leaks cause can be hundreds or even thousands of times the cost to run some fans.  People do a lot of stupid stuff in buildings....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 02:36:45 pm »

Gotta be a secret government installation - conspiring to collect, store, catalogue, and analyze all the various UFO and alien body remains that have accumulated over the years.  What better place than a part of the country that is already 'bat-sh$t crazy' enough to vote for Failin' and Inhofe time after time.

Lol....lighten up people...I'm just kidding...everybody already knows that is being done in a secret bunker under the Oklahoma state capital building!!

Probably going to add a helipad on the 60 story tower for black helicopters.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 02:47:42 pm »

Check google earth...I think it's already there!

Wouldn't surprise me.

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 02:49:34 pm »

Hmmm...are they moving from their offices at I-44 and 101st East Ave I wonder?
Just a guess but likely the lease is up.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 03:54:25 pm »

Snake Plisskin style
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 11:35:53 am »

Bridenstine's district office is there...he must want the helipad.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 08:15:24 am »

Check google earth...I think it's already there!

Wouldn't surprise me.

no heli-pad:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org