A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:49:32 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quik Trip is going gasless in Atlanta  (Read 16605 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 01:21:43 pm »

I don't remember getting the same good vibes from the 7-11's in Chicago. They weren't terrible, just no where near the experience at a QT.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8857552,-87.6258367,3a,75y,19.18h,93.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGgarIm1zyNzPT3dFnSYVeg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

By the way, this is a parking garage. 3 store fronts in roughly 75 feet. Be nice to get the same kind of density here. Land is just too cheap apparently.

The convenience store that used to be a QT on Main? Also in a parking garage.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 01:41:02 pm »

As pointed out above, there is a convenience store downtown on main street, though appears to close at 7.

So much for the 'convenience'...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 01:49:28 pm »

OnCue is a small chain out of Stillwater that seems to be growing fast - and one that QT had better be watching closely - they are doing similar things and have better drinks!!  I have commented on QT drinks in the past - they still are really a mixed bag...some are ok, but too many places are cutting the mix for whatever reason.  OnCue is more consistent store to store and never disappointing....as of this morning about 8:00 am.  When I leave Tulsa early, I will wait to get to OKC area to get drinks, since timing of that just doesn't matter to me....

Don't know what kind of commissary situation they have - but the breakfast stuff is probably just a little better than QT (neither is very good...) and the donut type items are the same.  They don't have the in-store kitchen thing yet in any that I have been to.

As for gas...hard to compare since they aren't together in any of the markets I go to yet, but OnCue is always extremely competitive in the OKC, Moore, Norman corridor.  Sometimes that is lower than Tulsa, sometimes higher.   I'm sure they will be competitive in Tulsa, too, when they get here.

Maybe they will come to downtown Tulsa...?

Edit;

They have beer caves!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:51:37 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 01:51:33 pm »

OnCue is a small chain out of Stillwater that seems to be growing fast - and one that QT had better be watching closely - they are doing similar things and have better drinks!!  I have commented on QT drinks in the past - they still are really a mixed bag...some are ok, but too many places are cutting the mix for whatever reason.  OnCue is more consistent store to store and never disappointing....as of this morning about 8:00 am.  When I leave Tulsa early, I will wait to get to OKC area to get drinks, since timing of that just doesn't matter to me....

Don't know what kind of commissary situation they have - but the breakfast stuff is probably just a little better than QT (neither is very good...) and the donut type items are the same.  They don't have the in-store kitchen thing yet in any that I have been to.

As for gas...hard to compare since they aren't together in any of the markets I go to yet, but OnCue is always extremely competitive in the OKC, Moore, Norman corridor.  Sometimes that is lower than Tulsa, sometimes higher.   I'm sure they will be competitive in Tulsa, too, when they get here.

There's an On Cue in Cleveland by the lake, but it's kinda crappy.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 01:56:19 pm »

There's an On Cue in Cleveland by the lake, but it's kinda crappy.

Older one all right....they have been around for 50 years.  I haven't been to any that old...will have to check that one out next time I get to Cleveland.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 01:59:09 pm »

Their web site claims they have been in business since 1966.  It makes me think this may have started as Jack Griffith’s Gas Up in Stillwater.

Some quick Googling seems to support this. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 02:12:00 pm »

Their web site claims they have been in business since 1966.  It makes me think this may have started as Jack Griffith’s Gas Up in Stillwater.

Some quick Googling seems to support this.  

Ahhh Jack Griffith's. When I first started to school at OSU they had a pizza delivery service that was a competitor to Pizza Shuttle. The best thing about ordering a pizza from them, because it certainly wasn't the pizza, was if you ordered a pizza/sandwich they would also deliver anything else the store sold. Need some cigarettes? No problem. Beer? Sure thing! It was great.

The pizza and sandwiches did suck though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:31:24 am by Ibanez » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 02:45:08 pm »

Ahhh Jack Griffith's. When I first started to school at OSU they had a pizza delivery service that was a competitor to Pizza Shuttle. The best thing about ordering a pizza from them, because it certainly wasn't the pizza, was if you ordered a pizza/sandwich they would also deliver anything else the store sold. Need some cigarettes? No problem? Beer? Sure thing! It was great.

The pizza and sandwiches did suck though.

Loved Super Shuttle’s supreme with jalapeños.  Of course that’s drunken memories from 30+ years ago, so it probably wasn’t as great as I remember.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 03:13:53 pm »

I've worked downtown for nearly 20 years and I think I've been in that convenience store on Main 3 or 4 times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 05:16:38 pm »

Although it's a low bar, a functioning convenience store downtown would go a long way towards making it more livable. 

Downtown is great for now if you want to hit the bar.  But God help you if you want everyday essentials like a Slurpee and smokes.

Smokes?  Really?  Please stay downwind.

Grin

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 05:33:30 pm »

Loved Super Shuttle’s supreme with jalapeños.  Of course that’s drunken memories from 30+ years ago, so it probably wasn’t as great as I remember.

In Lawrence we called it Pizza Sh!ttle. $3 for a whole pizza worked though.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 07:25:08 am »

Everything's better with a layer of drunk on top!!

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 09:22:29 am »

Ahhh Jack Griffith's. When I first started to school at OSU they had a pizza delivery service that was a competitor to Pizza Shuttle. The best thing about ordering a pizza from them, because it certainly wasn't the pizza, was if you ordered a pizza/sandwich they would also deliver anything else the store sold. Need some cigarettes? No problem. Beer? Sure thing! It was great.

Was that Pizza Express?  I remember ordering both Pizza Shuttle and Pizza Express all the time because they were dirt cheap.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2016, 02:06:03 pm »

I hope they use the gasless QT in Atlanta as a model they can  bring to downtown Tulsa.

Reminiscing about old gas station food made me remember the QT sandwiches for $0.99 including the chicken teriyaki and provolone microwave sandwiches on bagel buns. Those were awesome. They also had others for only $1. During the summer, you could get a hearty meal (2 hot sandwiches) and a drink for less than $3. Now the microwave sandwiches are $3-$5 each so it would be about $9 for the equivalent.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2016, 07:35:22 pm »

Was that Pizza Express?  I remember ordering both Pizza Shuttle and Pizza Express all the time because they were dirt cheap.

I believe that was the name. Can't swear to it though as there have been too many years between then and now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org