A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:04 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 127546 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2021, 03:54:13 pm »

So, every time Mr. Hawk looked out his window, he saw Meadow Gold flashing back at him.  I think of this story every time I drive by the Blue Bell plant in Broken Arrow and see the Braum's in front of it!   

That is probably the single biggest reason I don't buy Blue Bell products.  Management so inept and incompetent as to let something like that slip through does not need my business!   Well, that plus all the e coli stuff in past years....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2021, 10:29:03 am »

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/lobeck-taylor-family-foundation-city-jumpstart-tulsa-market-district-improvements-along-route-66/article_a9a329d4-e3de-11eb-bc97-bfa56a63252c.html

Looks like more money is pouring in to 11th & Lewis from the Lobeck's. This is a good thing. Hoping that northwest corner can start turning dirt soon on SOMETHING. Last I heard it was going to be recommended as a new site for the Route 66 interactive museum. Anyone hearing more on this?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:31:20 am by bacjz00 » Logged

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2021, 11:33:08 am »

Pretty sure someone mentioned that the route 66 museum has been canceled.

That hawk dairy development looks fantastic. 100 units is a big boost to the area in addition to the other project. I had expected something much smaller. I guess developers see the gold rush finally. In ten years I expect there will be many of these types of developments between TU and downtown.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2021, 05:55:09 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/lobeck-taylor-family-foundation-city-jumpstart-tulsa-market-district-improvements-along-route-66/article_a9a329d4-e3de-11eb-bc97-bfa56a63252c.html

Looks like more money is pouring in to 11th & Lewis from the Lobeck's. This is a good thing. Hoping that northwest corner can start turning dirt soon on SOMETHING. Last I heard it was going to be recommended as a new site for the Route 66 interactive museum. Anyone hearing more on this?

It’s a massive mixed-use development with apartments and retail

« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 01:33:40 pm by SXSW » Logged

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2021, 07:13:59 am »

Cool story I was told at a charity event partially sponsored by the Borden's incarnation of the downtown dairy that is closing.  It was around the time the Meadow Gold neon sign was moved from the current rooftop of a Mother Road Market building to its current perch at 11th & Peoria.  The Borden guys told me the story.  Hawk was the locally owned dairy in the 40s, 50s, etc. - I believe they had another building on the east side of the lot of the existing building which was taken down and is now a parking lot.  Ann's Bakery had a Hawk's ice cream freezer in its lobby until it closed.  So, back to the story ----  back in the day, the battle was on between Meadow Gold and Hawk for market supremacy.  It was a blood sport.  Meadow Gold was part of a big national company.  The upstairs  window of Mr. Hawk's office looked out over the intersection of 11th & Lewis.  To get under his skin, the corporate office at Meadow Gold rented the roof top of the building across the street and installed that massive landmark neon sign/clock.  So, every time Mr. Hawk looked out his window, he saw Meadow Gold flashing back at him.  I think of this story every time I drive by the Blue Bell plant in Broken Arrow and see the Braum's in front of it!   

Our neighbor owned the building that the Meadow Gold sign was on originally. When Chris Nikel was on 11th and Lewis they wanted to expand their lot across the street so they bought the building, let the sign be moved, tore the cool old original brick building down and then proceeded to move to Broken Arrow. In memoriam, here's the sign on it's original building that so pissed off Mr. Hawk  Grin

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2021, 07:16:35 am »

Here's a rendering of the Hawk Dairy development - about 100 units.  They're starting soon.

Can't wait for this! Ironically the rendering shows no bike lanes just as the city has decided to remove four miles of bike lanes on Pine. Hmmmmmmm.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2021, 01:32:10 pm »

Can't wait for this! Ironically the rendering shows no bike lanes just as the city has decided to remove four miles of bike lanes on Pine. Hmmmmmmm.

Pine doesn't make as much sense for bike lanes.  11th, on the other hand, does so I doubt they're going anywhere.  As it builds up they'll be used more.

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2021, 07:14:18 pm »

I could be wrong... but seems like things are starting to pop off a bit for Tulsa. So many cool projects in the work. If we could just land a big non O&G company we'd really be running.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2021, 10:43:47 am »

Oddly enough, the bike lanes are only being removed at the intersection. Doesn't make any sense, I saw a few drawings that still have them east and west of the Lewis intersection but that it becomes a sharrow at the intersection. Not very safe. I'm glad the city has added bike lanes but they really are failing in the public outreach part. Having a turn lane the entire way is just dumb too, it'd be better if that space was used for on street parking and then a dedicated bike lane on the other side of the parking spaces.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2021, 10:56:34 am »

I was trying to figure that out from the rendering of the intersection.  Odd they didn't show the mixed-use project at the NW corner unless they are waiting to unveil that closer to when it is supposed to break ground later this year.  Wish they could bury the power lines but I know the costs to do that are really high

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:58:49 am by SXSW » Logged

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2021, 08:18:38 am »

I was trying to figure that out from the rendering of the intersection.  Odd they didn't show the mixed-use project at the NW corner unless they are waiting to unveil that closer to when it is supposed to break ground later this year.  Wish they could bury the power lines but I know the costs to do that are really high

Those trees are really going to hide the little businesses on the corner pretty badly. Maybe instead of all the trees some nice Oklahoma wildflowers would work better (and look better).
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2021, 11:05:57 am »

The trees won't be that large for awhile, and the more trees the better in a pedestrian environment IMO
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 12:50:11 pm by SXSW » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2021, 04:12:02 pm »

I'm hearing there should be a groundbreaking for this mixed-use project in a couple weeks.  All apartments and ground floor retail, the Route 66 museum will be in another location. 

brettakins
Activist

« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2021, 07:59:49 am »

https://www.newson6.com/story/6194f94d1d84990bfb87044d/tulsa-city-leaders-to-announce-60-million-noma-development-project?fbclid=IwAR0p4zThdXMhi5owy-O-RMRnCjDBB6HAZKo0awasiqNBLQ0NonGvxzOqDB0

https://ktul.com/news/local/groundbreaking-for-new-development-on-route-66-in-tulsa

TULSA, Oklahoma - Mayor GT Bynum and other Tulsa City leaders will reveal plans on Wednesday for a new $60-million project along Route 66.
Developers are calling this project “NOMA”, also known as North of Market, and it’s expected to bring a lot of exciting things to the area like new apartments and restaurants.

The City of Tulsa and iTulsa will unveil the official plans for the project today at the groundbreaking ceremony at 11:30 a.m. Developers say the four-acre project will be at 11th and Lewis and includes luxury apartments, restaurants, retail space, and a neighborhood gathering space with benches and open areas for activities. The market district is currently getting a big facelift with new sidewalks, trees, and lights. The city says it expects this project to create additional opportunities for people to live and work along Route 66.

Developers have not released a construction timeline, but we do expect to hear more about that later this morning at the groundbreaking.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:35:12 am by brettakins » Logged
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2021, 11:46:51 am »

Huge project!

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/officials-introduce-60-million-mixed-use-market-district-project/article_9cb8d4ee-43c9-11ec-872b-2f4dd5ad2416.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

Really like the quote about creating a neighborhood with walking at the forefront.

"The businesses in the area, they've all been struggling for years and they all need customers. So you add residential density. We want there to be walk-ability. We want more people in a dense area in a hub where you can have commercial offerings and public space and where you can co-mingle with the neighbors and really kind of create a neighborhood experience."

"Community spaces will include 11,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, a central neighborhood gathering space complete with trees, native plantings and festive lighting, planned public art and added lighting and security for the area."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org