A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:03:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 127543 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2018, 11:42:30 am »

Photo gallery: Tour Kitchen 66 in the new Mother Road Market
http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/photo-gallery-tour-kitchen-in-the-new-mother-road-market/collection_b82fa44d-e954-590b-b5fa-59a6b44d8864.html#1

It also shows a sneak peak of the Mother Road Market. Quite a few pics showing the layout and booths which have been framed out and some drywall up.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2018, 12:47:33 pm »

Southern-style eatery from Lone Wolf founders, plus Mexican concept added to Mother Road Market

Two more businesses have found homes in Mother Road Market, Tulsa's new food hall being erected at 1124 S. Lewis Ave.

They are Chicken and the Wolf, from the creators and Lone Wolf Banh Mi, and & Tacos, a concept from the owners of food truck Pollo Al Carbon. Mother Road Market, a 27,000-square-foot food hall with about 20 businesses, is expected to open in August.

Owned by Philip and Danielle Phillips, Chicken and the Wolf will feature Nashville-style hot and buttermilk fried chicken sandwiches, hot chicken fries and Southern sides, including house-made pickles and sauces. The business will use antibiotic-free and hormone-free chicken.

The new cost for doing business in Tulsa.
For those who care about business and this community, we have a deal for you. Start a digital subscription for only $0.99. Sign up now at tulsaworld.com/subscribe.

The Phillipses have been working in the Tulsa food scene for the last fifteen years and in 2012 founded Lone Wolf Banh Mi, whose locations will all remain open.

"We are stoked to be part of one of the most progressive local food ideas ever in Mother Road Market," Philip Phillips said in a statement. "It’s a place that we will want to bring our kids and friends, and we are honored to be able to contribute to this experience.

"We are progressive in our view of food, and Mother Road Market falls right in line with what we want to see in our great and growing hometown of Tulsa."

Mario Mazedo and Daniel Ruiz are fronting & Tacos, which will focus heavily on Mexican street food.

"I have been in the food business for 10 years, and I am passionate about bringing flavors from my hometown of Nuevo Leon, Mexico, to Tulsa," Mazedo said in a statement. "The thing I love most about my business is the experience of sharing these tastes from my old home to my new home."

One space remains in Mother Road Market and that tenant is expected to be announced soon. Previously announced tenants include Andolini's Pizzeria, Ediblend, Kitchen 66 General Store + Farm Stand by Tulsa Farmers' Market,  Oklahoma Joe's and Trenchers Crustacean Station.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/smallbusiness/southern-style-eatery-from-lone-wolf-founders-plus-mexican-concept/article_d5eab218-e47c-5c44-9bd7-6b9580cfb049.html#tncms-source=article-nav-next
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2018, 12:51:11 pm »

If I've done my math right, Chicken and the Wolf and "& Tacos" make it 16 of 17 vendors announced. Pretty cool how fast they've moved.

I think they should have some sort of beer/beverage stand like they have at Fuel 66 with a wide selection of local beers and maybe wine also.

Would be neat to have one common fountain drink/condiment area where drink profits are shared (or used to help pay everyone's overhead).
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2018, 02:13:43 pm »

Opening date announced!

Foodie haven: Mother Road Market to open Nov. 2

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/foodie-haven-mother-road-market-to-open-nov/article_a7a88336-670c-5fac-8f45-0861fb7fe3dd.html

See who's going into Mother Road Market when it opens Nov. 2

https://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/see-who-s-going-into-mother-road-market-when-it/collection_9be5f7a8-d220-5f1a-8b68-e2631c9cab60.html

Let's see if they can get a pedestrian crossing at 13th so residents and brewery visitors can cross more safely.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2018, 02:21:51 pm »

If I've done my math right, Chicken and the Wolf and "& Tacos" make it 16 of 17 vendors announced. Pretty cool how fast they've moved.

I think they should have some sort of beer/beverage stand like they have at Fuel 66 with a wide selection of local beers and maybe wine also.

Would be neat to have one common fountain drink/condiment area where drink profits are shared (or used to help pay everyone's overhead).

Article says there will be ~20 total vendors/shops.

Mother Road will operate "Kitchen 66 Takeover Cafe" (Where startup aspiring restaurateurs can practice running a real restaurant) and Kitchen 66 General Store there. There will also be a 9-hole Route-66 themed mini golf course.

There will also be a common bar serving coffee/drinks which can be carried throughout food hall. Photos show the dock area on west side that looks like it could house quite a large patio area (maybe mini-golf will be there too).

Sounds like they're doing this right, making it a destination and going over-the-top in terms of what you'd expect from a food hall.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2018, 09:06:23 pm »

Let's see if they can get a pedestrian crossing at 13th so residents and brewery visitors can cross more safely.

You mean at 12th?  Isn’t most of the parking across Lewis north of Renaissance Brewery? 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »

Looking forward to Mother Road Market finally opening, and for future phases around the building at 11th & Lewis

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2018, 09:41:26 am »

You mean at 12th?  Isn’t most of the parking across Lewis north of Renaissance Brewery? 

Yes I meant 12th.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2018, 09:43:17 am »

Looking forward to Mother Road Market finally opening, and for future phases around the building at 11th & Lewis

Have you heard anything about the other phases planned? I remember hearing about mixed use development the LTFF had planned for the lots they bulldozed north of the brewery. They recently demolished the old welding building on the NW corner of 11th and Lewis. Wondering if that's all going to remain empty lots for the foreseeable future.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2018, 10:14:49 am »

The Welding School still owns that lot at NW corner of 11th and Lewis. Not sure what they have planned for that. I hope it's more than just leaving it empty indefinitely. The previous building there appeared decent for a welding school, better than empty lots at least.

All the lots around the Mother Road Market are owned by "1124 SOUTH LEWIS AVE LLC" and the empty lots on the east side are owned by "FERNWEH SHOPS LLC". A search of that brings up this listing for commercial retail space available: http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1115-1121-S-Lewis-Ave-Tulsa-OK/4345689/

Street-fronted development with limited rear parking. Seems like it'll add life to that stretch. Not the greatest looking or most unique development but looks like it matches the brewery and Mother Road Market pretty well and a huge improvement over what was there (some unsightly old industrial buildings). It will accommodate up to 9 tenants.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2018, 10:22:02 am »

I'm wondering if they're foreseeing a path of tenants from Mother Road Market to across the street if they get to that level. I'd guess the rent needs to be pretty affordable for that spot (Listing says ~$18/ft2/year which sounds pretty good), or at least for a while. It's just out of convenience range for a lot of TU students since they've become a residential campus, but very convenient for midtowners in a spot that's sort of out of sight for most right now, especially considering there's no exit to it or visibility from the BA. Maybe the Mother Road Market will "activate" that area. Years ago it was rumored these lots were owned by LTFF and were slated to become the Mother Road Market and a mixed use development. Apparently they have reduced it to just retail/commercial which is a shame because residential would add a nice component to the area and help diversify to keep it feasible. A multi-story building would be a lot better use of the space.

Overall this is good news for Renaissance residents. Awesome to see the stretches around Renaissance go from pretty bleak and unused to what is planned now. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2018, 10:28:57 am »

^ I had figured they were going to just do parking north of Renaissance Brewery so that's good news that more retail is planned.  Hopefully they can expand all the way to the corner of 11th & Lewis. 

Lots of good happenings all along this corridor.  It will take time for it be a cohesive urban district but it's moving in the right direction.  If only we could get a BRT or even better streetcar line running down this stretch between downtown and TU that would probably accelerate development and connect the different pieces (Meadow Gold District, Hillcrest, Terrace Drive/11th & Lewis and Renaissance/TU).

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2018, 04:54:16 pm »

More info on proposed additional developments at 11th & Lewis:

It is a scraped lot now at 11th and Lewis, but developers are eying it for 5,000 square feet of commercial space, three to four stories of apartments, townhouses, and a multilevel parking garage.

The Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation has pledged several million dollars up front to get moving on things like improving traffic congestion, sidewalks, and crosswalks.

“The city still makes all the design decisions with the hope that they will get reimbursed through the TIF,” said Ellison.

“Having a foundation willing to front the project, we haven’t seen this before and this is a really exciting thing for Route 66,” said Ewing.

It isn’t just potential for shopping or apartment developments in the area.  The Renaissance neighborhood is there, as well.

“It is right by TU.  Seems like an ideal place to live to me,” Ellison said.  “The city is talking about bus rapid transit so, in theory, you could be a one-car or no-car family if you work downtown.”

http://www.newson6.com/story/39290190/new-development-project-in-the-works-near-11th-lewis-in-tulsa

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2018, 03:18:39 pm »

Nice! Good to see that's in the cards still. Not sure why the renderings only show 1-level. Maybe that's just 1 option while they see what they can get in terms of a TIFF... Maybe they can use that as leverage. The single-level retail-only for no TIFF or 3/4-story mixed-use and retail if they can get a TIFF. Smart if it works and probably win-win for the area.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2018, 08:44:53 am »

Businesses in that area have been experiencing a lot of vandalism, trash cans dumped out, aggressive panhandling, etc. These issues need to be addressed by TPD or it will hinder growth.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org