A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:26:57 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa County Sheriff Race  (Read 58162 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2016, 06:45:52 pm »

A review by The Frontier found that at least five deputies in the last five months have faced internal investigation following incidents that have embarrassed the sheriff's office.

“It’s difficult and frustrating and we have enough going on and now our own guys are causing issues,” acting sheriff Michelle Robinette said. “I don’t know what the cause of it is, is it because everyone has a sharp eye on us?"

https://www.readfrontier.com/spotlight/tcso-sergeant-under-internal-review-is-fifth-in-last-two-months

Surely she isnt implying its the media's fault for bringing attention to all this routine behavior.

Likely so.  Sounds like La-La Land down at the TCSD these days.  I believe it’s mainly the product of how far Glanz had his head up his donkey the last ten years.

At least she hasn’t played the sexist card...yet.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 08:46:43 am »

Tulsa Police Department
Bixby Police
Sand Springs Police
Broken Arrow Police
Glenpool Police
Jenks Police
Skiatook Police
Liberty Police
Mannford Police
Collinsville Police
Owasso Police
Tulsa Public Schools Police
University of Tulsa Police
OSU Police
OU Schusterman Police
Tulsa County Sheriff's Office
Osage County Sheriff
Creek Nation Light Horse Birgade
Cherokee National Police
Osage Nation Police
Oklahoma Highway Patrol
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
TSA
US Marshall's
FBI
DEA
ICE
Secret Service

Did I forget to list any agencies with a presence in Tulsa County who walk around with guns for our protection/hunting bad guys? I guess we could throw in the DNR and our Insurance Commissioners (didn't we arm them?) as well as the TSA, National Gaurd, Air National Guard, and whatever other military personnel we have in town.

Maybe we just need to fold TCSO into one of the above and be done with it. It seems like 29 different police forces of various makes and models might be a bit much for ~600k people. Maybe that's why no one paid attention to what was going on there for 30 years.

I'm kind of joking of course. I understand they each play a separate roll. But dang...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 09:46:53 am »

Tulsa Police Department
Bixby Police
Sand Springs Police
Broken Arrow Police
Glenpool Police
Jenks Police
Skiatook Police
Liberty Police
Mannford Police
Collinsville Police
Owasso Police
Tulsa Public Schools Police
University of Tulsa Police
OSU Police
OU Schusterman Police
Tulsa County Sheriff's Office
Osage County Sheriff
Creek Nation Light Horse Birgade
Cherokee National Police
Osage Nation Police
Oklahoma Highway Patrol
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
TSA
US Marshall's
FBI
DEA
ICE
Secret Service

Did I forget to list any agencies with a presence in Tulsa County who walk around with guns for our protection/hunting bad guys? I guess we could throw in the DNR and our Insurance Commissioners (didn't we arm them?) as well as the TSA, National Gaurd, Air National Guard, and whatever other military personnel we have in town.

Maybe we just need to fold TCSO into one of the above and be done with it. It seems like 29 different police forces of various makes and models might be a bit much for ~600k people. Maybe that's why no one paid attention to what was going on there for 30 years.

I'm kind of joking of course. I understand they each play a separate roll. But dang...

You forgot Mr Smoot.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 12:45:53 pm »

The interim Sheriff has suggested dismantling the Sheriff Reserve program and rebuilding from scratch. 
If that's how to fix the problem, maybe it suggests a more adventurous undertaking?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »

Likely so.  Sounds like La-La Land down at the TCSD these days.  I believe it’s mainly the product of how far Glanz had his head up his donkey the last ten years.

At least she hasn’t played the sexist card...yet.

Regalado called the ethics investigation request “political posturing at its best” and said he welcomes any investigation.

Just like Glanz did.

Oh wait, a winner has already been declared:

Regalado wins Tulsa County Sheriff race - Fox23

http://www.fox23.com/news/oklahoma-voters-decide-tulsa-county-sheriff-presidential-primary/135470232
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2016, 05:07:53 pm »

Sounds like my union. Decide who the winner is and then go count the votes.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2016, 05:40:46 pm »

They're just saying out loud what everyone knows. Most times, the republican who wins the primary in a Tulsa election, wins the election.

onward...through the fog
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2016, 07:21:14 pm »

So just who is Rex Berry?

Berry, in his closing statement at a public forum last week, came out passionately against the "corrupt nonsense of cutting our taxes and killing our schools." He said that leads to childhood development problems, more mental health issues, more juvenile run-ins with the law, bigger jails and more money necessary to fund those correctional facilities.

"Money on the early side with children, that's an investment," Berry said. "Putting money into the prisons and the jails to keep trying to chase the dog's tail is simply a very, very bad investment."

Berry, 66, is a former Tulsa police officer who retired in 1999 as a corporal and 26-year veteran of the force. He served as a crime analyst and hostage negotiator, as well as a supervisor in the Child Abuse and Child Homicide Unit. Most recently, he was a Tulsa Community College police officer.

Berry told those gathered at the Democrats' news conference that he transitioned to spending about a decade overseas as an adviser rebuilding police stations and their operations. He highlighted that he helped construct a police training center in Jordan, where he and others trained Iraqi police and security forces.

Berry said that on Day 1 he would replace Terry Simonson, intergovernmental affairs and contract administrator for the Sheriff's Office. Berry said Simonson has misled the public regarding former Sheriff Stanley Glanz and his friend and former Reserve Deputy Robert Bates.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/elections/who-is-sheriff-candidate-rex-berry-confrontational-news-conference-lifts/article_ad6380e8-aa02-5195-8075-0e85f7d13551.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2016, 07:53:09 pm »

Berry said that on Day 1 he would replace Terry Simonson, intergovernmental affairs and contract administrator for the Sheriff's Office. Berry said Simonson has misled the public regarding former Sheriff Stanley Glanz and his friend and former Reserve Deputy Robert Bates.[/i]

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/elections/who-is-sheriff-candidate-rex-berry-confrontational-news-conference-lifts/article_ad6380e8-aa02-5195-8075-0e85f7d13551.htm

That’s enough to make me a single issue voter.

In the mayor’s race, it’s whomever is willing to send Clay Bird out to pasture so he can go under-value real estate transactions for someone other than the City of Tulsa

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2016, 09:06:26 pm »

They're just saying out loud what everyone knows. Most times, the republican who wins the primary in a Tulsa election, wins the election.

I understand how you feel.  Used to be which ever Democrat won the primary won the general election (for local elections).   That said, I might be forced to vote for a few Democrats this time around.  I've had enough of things like the 10 Commandments on the Capitol property.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2016, 08:42:04 am »

Apparently the Dem in the sheriff's race is no bleeding heart, anti-gun, soft on crime, out of touch politician. He has experience and brains and doesn't seem to be steroidal. Puts him ahead of the others.

onward...through the fog
davideinstein
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »

Do any of the candidates have a platform that includes decreasing the force size and making it more efficient?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2016, 08:01:28 am »

I understand how you feel.  Used to be which ever Democrat won the primary won the general election (for local elections).   That said, I might be forced to vote for a few Democrats this time around.  I've had enough of things like the 10 Commandments on the Capitol property.

Whoa!!   Careful there....that's serious stuff you are saying...   Good for you!

It was just as bad when Dems had that kind of control as it is now when Repubs got it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2016, 09:14:16 am »

Agreed. Though the Dems you speak of were Dino's.

onward...through the fog
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2016, 09:52:49 am »

Whoa!!   Careful there....that's serious stuff you are saying...   Good for you!

It was just as bad when Dems had that kind of control as it is now when Repubs got it.

So why do I get the impression voters are ready to just re-elect another Glanz? 

Think of how different this would have been if the fishing buddy had said "Oh, I was in fear for my life" instead of "Oh, I was going to get some training"?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org