A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:46:27 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DECOPOLIS will be closing after Christmas. (To reopen in a bigger better spot!)  (Read 16323 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 09:38:37 pm »

MC and I dropped in yesterday, it is a fantastic space.  I really do think it will benefit from better foot traffic and being much closer to two of the major hotels in downtown will be a plus.

This is a great Saturday morning/afternoon destination!  There’s the pop up shops in the Philcade as well as the Art Deco museum and gift shop.

Great vision, Artist!

Thanks Conan!  Was good to see you both the other day as well as Cannon Fodder who turned out to be our very first customer at the new location!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 09:40:31 pm »

Thanks Conan!  Was good to see you both the other day as well as Cannon Fodder who turned out to be our very first customer at the new location!

Well darn, I didn’t think of that distinction.  We foolishly spent our pennies at the Deco Museum gift shop Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 09:20:37 am »

... as well as Cannon Fodder who turned out to be our very first customer at the new location!

I'm #1!  I'm #1!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 11:09:44 am »

I walked by yesterday.  Didn't have time to stop in, but IT LOOKS AMAZING!  Great job, Artist!
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 02:30:03 pm »

I walked by yesterday.  Didn't have time to stop in, but IT LOOKS AMAZING!  Great job, Artist!

Thank Ya!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 04:13:15 pm »

Congratulations!  Cannot wait for the weekend to try to come by.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 10:53:12 am »

Nice job with the new space! I like the new layout.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 04:56:27 pm »

The wife and I stopped by Decopolis for their Grand Opening today.  This is the third time I've been to the new space and we were both very impressed with the way it's set up.  So many unique items I've never seen in any other store.  Obviously very well planned and the Grand Opening seemed very well attended.  Good things are happening in the deco district and, as a native Tulsan, I'm loving every minute of it.  Great job, Artist!

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »

There was just a spot on Discover Oklahoma with Artist.  I missed the very beginning.  I think it was the museum rather than Decopolis.  Still, nice spot Artist.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 07:22:27 pm »

I enjoyed his 1940's county clerk look. Bow tie, horn rimmed glasses. Very cool!

onward...through the fog
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 11:06:15 pm »

Thanks all!  What a day.  Super busy.  The TFA tunnel tour sure brought a lot of people to the area and helped make our grand opening a smashing success.  Though I did ask a lot of people how they liked the tour or if they were going on the tunnel tour and was pleasantly surprised at the number who said they came to see our store!  Quite flattering.  Just makes me want to try harder to keep finding unique items at better prices and to make the store even more enjoyable and interesting.  

Also heard the museum gift shop did very well today.  I am completely surprised at the kind of sales they have some days.  I have a little protege over there, Luke our Museum Operations Manager, that has turned into a little monster competitor lol.   We had to kind of have a little "gentleman's agreement" to settle on who would get to sell what stuff we would find at market and what items would be best for each store so we would not step on each others toes lol.  DECOPOLIS is passing on a lot of Art Deco and artsy/museum gift store type items so they can have them, which is fine cause we can do a lot larger range of items, and of course I want to see them succeed as well.   

I am also very excited about the unique custom items we will be creating just for DECOPOLIS this year!  (which is also great because, if we are the only ones who have an item, we will not be competing with Amazon)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:07:49 pm by TheArtist » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 11:53:28 am »

Thanks all!  What a day.  Super busy.  The TFA tunnel tour sure brought a lot of people to the area and helped make our grand opening a smashing success.  Though I did ask a lot of people how they liked the tour or if they were going on the tunnel tour and was pleasantly surprised at the number who said they came to see our store!  Quite flattering.  Just makes me want to try harder to keep finding unique items at better prices and to make the store even more enjoyable and interesting.  

Also heard the museum gift shop did very well today.  I am completely surprised at the kind of sales they have some days.  I have a little protege over there, Luke our Museum Operations Manager, that has turned into a little monster competitor lol.   We had to kind of have a little "gentleman's agreement" to settle on who would get to sell what stuff we would find at market and what items would be best for each store so we would not step on each others toes lol.  DECOPOLIS is passing on a lot of Art Deco and artsy/museum gift store type items so they can have them, which is fine cause we can do a lot larger range of items, and of course I want to see them succeed as well.   

I am also very excited about the unique custom items we will be creating just for DECOPOLIS this year!  (which is also great because, if we are the only ones who have an item, we will not be competing with Amazon)

Kinda like QuikTrip and Love's...?

Love's has a new place going in at Nowata...getting close to Tulsa area!   Maybe their agreement is slipping...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 06:47:52 pm »

Discover Oklahoma (OETA/KETA Oklahoma City) did a short feature on your (William Franklin) store today; it was very professional.  You look very sophisticated in eye wear  Cool. Can't wait to put it on my list of 'must see' at your new Boston Avenue store.

Best of luck with your new location; keep up the good work.

Note:  posted a piece on the OKCTalk Forum about Decopolis - under Tulsa & Suburbs (Tulsa trip suggestions).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:10:37 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 07:10:12 pm »

Discover Oklahoma (OETA/KETA Oklahoma City) did a short feature on your (William Franklin) store today; it was very professional.  You look very sophisticated in eye wear  Cool. Can't wait to put it on my list of 'must see' at your new Boston Avenue store.

Best of luck with your new location; keep up the good work.

Note:  posted a piece on the OKCTalk Forum - under Tulsa & Suburbs (Tulsa trip suggestions)

Thank You!

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 01:56:38 pm »

It was nice seeing you today.

Lovely "new" location...   Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org