A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:57:38 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Key spot on Riverside to become 6 large houses?  (Read 5092 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: September 16, 2015, 06:54:42 pm »

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it's talking about a heavy commercial area, planned for Town Center, being platted into 6 lots and talk of a road being built. Sounds like a residential subdivision? I know it's a preliminary plat but I always thought this was a good place for a hotel or residential tower overlooking riverside.

http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/Agendas/09-16-15/7000%20Riverside.pdf
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »

This is not being rezoned - it's still commercial.

What is happening is they are breaking it into separate out parcels so they can be sold to different people. I believe Taco Bell has bought that southern parcel that is excluded from that document but is apart of that whole triangle land area at 71st and Peoria.

So guess what is going to happen here.....

More of the typical suburban low density commercial development. Likely a bunch of fast food and restaurants surrounded by a bunch of parking.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:28:18 pm »

This is not being rezoned - it's still commercial.

What is happening is they are breaking it into separate out parcels so they can be sold to different people. I believe Taco Bell has bought that southern parcel that is excluded from that document but is apart of that whole triangle land area at 71st and Peoria.

So guess what is going to happen here.....

More of the typical suburban low density commercial development. Likely a bunch of fast food and restaurants surrounded by a bunch of parking.

There's fast food that doesn't already exist at 71st and Lewis/Riverside?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 04:29:35 pm »

Yuck. I don't know why I even try to expect anything different anymore.

And why is taco bell building a new building here when there's one half a mile over on 71st?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »

Yuck. I don't know why I even try to expect anything different anymore.

And why is taco bell building a new building here when there's one half a mile over on 71st?

So sad, not only will people here not walk a couple blocks, now they are getting to lazy to drive over half a mile lol.  "What? You expect me to drive THAT far! You crazy!?"

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 08:35:04 am »

This location was going to be home to a new Kum & Go and tire store, per Tulsa World. I haven't heard anything about a Taco Bell. This lot falls within the proposed River Overlay design guidelines being worked on by City Council and INCOG staff. Luckily, the development moratorium passed last night, so these types of uses won't be permitted along the river. Everything will have to meet the new design guidelines once the new Zoning Code is adopted.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:37:34 am by dsjeffries » Logged

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 11:18:44 am »

Everything will have to meet the new design guidelines once the new Zoning Code is adopted.

Unless variances are allowed...
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 11:49:16 am »

I guess I'm just a midtown snob.  I don't care what the southies (south of I-44) want to do with their part of the river (Turkey Mountain excepted).  Taco Bell?  Strip malls?  Cell phone shop?  Vapor Kings?  Why not.  Have at it.  There are more productive things to do than to try and convince a person who doesn't know or care about anything other than what they know to change their perception of smart development.  If they ever try to build a Taco Bell next door to Elwoods though, I'll be there chained to a tree before I let them do something like that.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 12:40:49 pm »

Unless variances are allowed...

The dreaded “V” word...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 04:25:26 pm »

If they ever try to build a Taco Bell next door to Elwoods though, I'll be there chained to a tree before I let them do something like that.

It's funny you should mention that...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 05:14:43 pm »

I guess I'm just a midtown snob.  I don't care what the southies (south of I-44) want to do with their part of the river (Turkey Mountain excepted).  Taco Bell?  Strip malls?  Cell phone shop?  Vapor Kings?  Why not.  Have at it.  There are more productive things to do than to try and convince a person who doesn't know or care about anything other than what they know to change their perception of smart development.  If they ever try to build a Taco Bell next door to Elwoods though, I'll be there chained to a tree before I let them do something like that.

Not all of us want crap development.  I patronize very little of the development south of 91st along Memorial.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org