A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:48:39 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Arrow's 2025 plans  (Read 21450 times)
TeeDub
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:34:54 pm »

I think Tulsa can expect to lose support from the Broken Arrow contingent.

Rather than do something productive with the upcoming potential 2025 extension, BA has announced they have decided to use the money to pay normal bills.
http://www.brokenarrowok.gov/index.aspx?nid=700

My question is what happens to the additional police and firefighters once the tax expires?    Or are they just counting on people in Tulsa county never rejecting this tax going forward?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 07:21:56 am »

"Special" taxes to pay ongoing bills is a bone-head move. You then have 100% of your income allocated to ongoing expenses, and therefore zero available for improvements or special projects. Way to step it up BA.

$3.9 million will be spent to hire 20 new police officers and 20 new firefighters/paramedics and $3.3 million will be used to repair roads and improve traffic systems.

Police get 20, fire get 20... doesn't sound like a need based plan. Sounds like a "we all get pie!" type of plan.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 07:45:03 am »

"Special" taxes to pay ongoing bills is a bone-head move. You then have 100% of your income allocated to ongoing expenses, and therefore zero available for improvements or special projects. Way to step it up BA.

Police get 20, fire get 20... doesn't sound like a need based plan. Sounds like a "we all get pie!" type of plan.

BA: the little suburb that wants to be a big city.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 09:09:36 am »

Can you still not build over two stories out there?

onward...through the fog
TeeDub
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 03:16:00 pm »

Figured out how they are going to keep the police and firefighters...

The Broken Arrow City Council on Monday approved a resolution calling for a November 10 special election, asking voters to permanently renew a majority of Tulsa County's Vision 2025 sales tax.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:55 am »

Does road widening count as "normal bills." Sad that a good City Councilor (Anna America) has to move for Vision money to widen a street that should be a normal capital expenditure for the City.

If you have to spend "vision" money to take care of regular expenditures, then your tax base is deficient.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 10:19:20 am »

Does road widening count as "normal bills." Sad that a good City Councilor (Anna America) has to move for Vision money to widen a street that should be a normal capital expenditure for the City have been widened 20 years ago.

If you have to spend "vision" money to take care of regular expenditures, then your tax base is deficient.

FIFY

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 10:47:45 am »

FIFY

I guess that "wait for next year' mindset has migrated to BA also.  I went to my brothers house in BA, and 81st from Garnett east to 129th/Olive is the most congested stretch of two lane main arterial I've ever seen.  It rivals some of the congestion I dealt with in Houston.  Waiting through five cycles of lights to get through the intersection?  That's a problem.  Widen it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 03:49:08 pm »

I guess that "wait for next year' mindset has migrated to BA also.  I went to my brothers house in BA, and 81st from Garnett east to 129th/Olive is the most congested stretch of two lane main arterial I've ever seen.  It rivals some of the congestion I dealt with in Houston.  Waiting through five cycles of lights to get through the intersection?  That's a problem.  Widen it.

Try driving North on 129th between 71st & 51st between 7am-8:30 or on that same stretch going South between 4:30pm-5:45pm. It is a damn nitemare! Why they allowed all the new construction on the East side of 129th between 51st & 61st without widening the road or at least putting in a center turn lane I will never undestand.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 05:54:28 pm »

Try driving North on 129th between 71st & 51st between 7am-8:30 or on that same stretch going South between 4:30pm-5:45pm. It is a damn nitemare! Why they allowed all the new construction on the East side of 129th between 51st & 61st without widening the road or at least putting in a center turn lane I will never undestand.

71st to 61st is BA.  61st to 51st is Tulsa.

Both dumb as a mud fence.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 05:55:37 pm »

Go down to 91st.  I have much less grieve on that path, even when have to turn back north.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 06:01:44 pm »

Think of all the property tax and sales tax potential.

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 09:14:54 pm »

71st to 61st is BA.  61st to 51st is Tulsa.

Both dumb as a mud fence.

The worst part is they had 129th torn up last year between 61st & 51st. Took it all the way down to the dirt and relaid it. Would have been the perfect time to widen it or at least put in the middle turn lane. Nope!

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 10:45:57 pm »

... a good City Councilor (Anna America)...

Anna America is my favorite councilor. If you are not for Anna, you are anti-America.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 11:12:58 pm »

Anna America is my favorite councilor.

I hope so.  If not, you might be in the dog house.

Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org