A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 08:03:30 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 183692 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 11:22:01 am »

Keep in mind, Elliot & Casey are current stakeholders downtown and thus far, Elliott has supported and produced quality development which compliments downtown.  I’d say he’s probably one of the more principled developers in downtown.  My only question is how they can raise the estimated $100M for this project and have it completed in two years.  That’s the only part that seems slightly beyond reality.

Unless there has been a lot of work done behind the scenes. All parties involved are proven commodities. Downtown residential has been selling gang busters. A hotel brand partnering/contracting would secure that construction cost with no problem. A couple anchor tenants signing a lease before building could secure the office/retail. Then leverage the rest, I guess.

It just seems doubtful that such a well respected developer would announce such an ambitious timeline unless there was reason to believe he could meet it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 11:47:09 am »

Money isn't what will keep this project from being built. The partnerships with the $$ to make it happen are done. It's now up to wether this pre-leases to the level a bank is comfortable with (in today's market can be anywhere from 30% - 80%, depends on the bank and area). If it pre-leases it will be built regardless of what oil prices are doing.

I would like to add I'm very excited about this project even though I did grip about the parking. I just think it could be successful and still act as a catalyst in terms of other development with less parking (closer to 900 spaces vs 1,400).

Also another point there is a huge difference between this project and One Tower. One Tower was a build to suit for a tenant who was in the drivers seat of what they wanted to pay. They wanted it built as cheaply as possible to keep their rental rate down. Which is how we got the stripped down hospital looking version that is there today. Santa Fe Square is a spec development, and tenants will have to pay what they are asking - big big difference. The likelihood of this being built as cheaply as possible like One Tower is 0%.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »

I am thinking of getting with the people in my part of Downtown in the Deco District to see what their plans are for the area.  If they are going to go after retail and restaurant for the ground floors of the building projects that are underway there, I will stay.  But if they start putting in office stuff on the ground floor, I will really have to consider leaving.  I am working hard to be in a place end of next year so that I can take out a loan and either move to a bigger space and do it right, or branch off a concept or two that is in my store now and do a second location in the same area. 

It seems like many of the places in my area are just happy to get anything, office or whatever, and don't seem to be publicly trying to "create" something, retail wise, with any intention.   

But again, if the property owners don't push retail/restaurant and instead go for office, (5 or 6 hundred new office workers/residents in my area won't mean a lot for my bottom line, helps surely, but can't get me to being a thriving, growing business)  I don't think I will have a choice but to leave and try for perhaps this development in the Blue Dome.  Us little guys kind of have to go where the big guys say we can.

It would be very difficult for me if 3 years from now at Christmas (where we make about 40% of our yearly sales) if all the downtown shopping action and promotion is going on in the Blue Dome and I am sitting in a quiet corner in the Deco District full of offices as the lone major retailer.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 02:43:08 pm »

I've been complaining about One Place from the beginning.  I despite that hideous structure.  How can anyone see six floors of parking garage and think it's attractive?  Even a little bit?  I could even get over the boring look of the actual tower, but to put it on top of a very visible massive parking garage is atrocious.  I too have become skeptical of pretty drawings after that ridiculous mess.  I think I brought up your exact point in the PAC lot conversation.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2015, 04:15:15 pm »

So was I the only one on here that saw that drawing and knew that wasn't going to happen?  Especially that one with the trees on it. No way. It was jut a placeholder thing and I thought it was obvious that would not be what the development actually looked like.  Completely unrealistic.  The Santa Fe Square thing, thats doable. Its a normal, but very nice for Tulsa, sort of development.   But yes, what they have done at one place pretty much makes it a pedestrian dead zone and whatever goes across the street to the north of it will likely be as well.  What, would you want to say put a restaurant with an outdoor cafe there so that your customers can all sit and look at THAT!  Aaah, Isn't this great sweetie, just like being in Paris.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 04:25:56 pm »

What, would you want to say put a restaurant with an outdoor cafe there so that your customers can all sit and look at THAT!  Aaah, Isn't this great sweetie, just like being in Paris.

Paris, TX?  Paris, AR?

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »

My only question is how they can raise the estimated $100M for this project and have it completed in two years.  That’s the only part that seems slightly beyond reality.

Elliot has a printing press right across the street from this development.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 08:05:24 pm »

Elliot has a printing press right across the street from this development.

Well played!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 08:37:37 am »

Hampton Inn and flair rarely go together.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 09:28:09 am »

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 01:36:53 pm »

So someone is finally building Frankfort Square!

The concept rendering is beautiful, I like the scale/height as compared to the rest of the Blue Dome structures and despite the mayor of blue dome title hung on Sager, Elliot is the true pioneer here.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 01:39:52 pm »

I googled trying to find a neat, cool, interesting, or unique Hampton Inn.. all the results pretty much looked the same. Shades of beige.  Some minor variations if you search "downtown Hampton Inn..." they all look nice, just wouldn't describe it as having flair.

https://www.google.com/search?q=neat+hampton+inn&safe=active&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=619&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoA2oVChMI7_3Z14HKxwIVz46SCh1GNwO0&dpr=2.5#safe=active&tbm=isch&q=downtown+hampton+inn

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BuiltRight
Citizen

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 12:18:40 pm »

Does anyone know who the Architect on the project is?
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2015, 01:13:27 pm »

Selser-Schaefer is the architecture firm working on Santa Fe Square.

Additional renderings:

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2015, 02:03:48 pm »

If it approaches that rendering, very cool!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org