A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:19:57 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 183739 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2018, 10:02:22 am »

Or 3rd/4th. They also renovated the santa fe depot building at the corner of 1st and Elgin into a small office building as part of this project and that was originally supposed to be part of the hotel.

The original plans showed the large mostly-office building at 2nd and Elgin and a very large mega-building that was almost an entire city block (part office) and then the large parking garage. Each building was to have all ground-floor retail except for the hotel and then apartments and/or office space above. Even the garage was going to have retail along 1st and 2nd.

Looking at the rendering again, it looks like it will still be a large parking garage taking up about the same footprint, but will only be 4 levels rather than the 7 levels originally planned. So not only will the building take out a quarter of that, it will be a much shorter building so that's a drawback  (so maybe only 500-spot garage now). Must've been to expensive.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/AB8716BB-3952-469A-965E-A634B8E5900A.pdf

This is a better plan IMO.  You still have a parking garage but there is an activated retail corner at 1st & Greenwood (not sure about 2nd & Greenwood) and we get another office tower on top. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2018, 07:57:18 am »

This would be nice for the opposite end of the development.  As far as height, I don't really care about height.  I'd much prefer infill throughout downtown with 4-6 story buildings than a few towers between parking craters.  I know that's not feasible or popular, but it's what I'd prefer. 

The original plan excites me because of the interior corridors and retail space.  I'd love for it to be like a small open air mall, which are much preferable to the dying suburban indoor mall model. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2018, 09:46:52 am »

This would be nice for the opposite end of the development.  As far as height, I don't really care about height.  I'd much prefer infill throughout downtown with 4-6 story buildings than a few towers between parking craters.  I know that's not feasible or popular, but it's what I'd prefer.  

The original plan excites me because of the interior corridors and retail space.  I'd love for it to be like a small open air mall, which are much preferable to the dying suburban indoor mall model.  

From what I've heard Santa Fe Square was always envisioned as a three phase project.  The first phase is the Hotel Indigo and renovation of the old Frisco Depot at 1st & Elgin.  The second phase is the office portion and the last phase is the residential.  ARG, one of the apartment co-developers, is also developing The View by ONEOK Field (and built The Edge, Tribune Lofts, Renaissance, etc).

Another view of the office building at 2nd & Elgin courtesy of Selser Schaefer Architects.  The hotel looks different though so I'm not sure if this is the latest design or not..

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2018, 11:37:40 am »

I love the different architectural styles.  Looks more organic than a mega structure. 
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2018, 11:55:23 am »

From what I've heard Santa Fe Square was always envisioned as a three phase project.  The first phase is the Hotel Indigo and renovation of the old Frisco Depot at 1st & Elgin.  The second phase is the office portion and the last phase is the residential.  ARG, one of the apartment co-developers, is also developing The View by ONEOK Field (and built The Edge, Tribune Lofts, Renaissance, etc).

Another view of the office building at 2nd & Elgin courtesy of Selser Schaefer Architects.  The hotel looks different though so I'm not sure if this is the latest design or not..

The new building at 1st and Greenwood looks so much different than that original proposed style, that I doubt the "centerpiece" of the development will end up looking much like this rendering.

Seems like the norm for these developments is to make grand proposal and end up with a cheaper looking building that's at least better than a parking lot (Like the Ross group building next to OneOK). I love that they're turning the garage into much more of a building though. Big improvement there!
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2018, 09:39:05 am »

This appears to confirm the 1st & Greenwood location for a second office tower at Santa Fe Square

I don't know if this is old news or not, but I noticed new signage on the corner across from the blue dome for leasing on this tower. I assume that means it is nearing construction, although that is certainly not always the case here in Tulsa.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2018, 10:40:45 am »

I don't know if this is old news or not, but I noticed new signage on the corner across from the blue dome for leasing on this tower. I assume that means it is nearing construction, although that is certainly not always the case here in Tulsa.

The tower at 1st & Greenwood or the one at 2nd & Elgin?  There are two office buildings that are part of the Santa Fe Square development.  The hotel is nearly finished and the apartments/parking garage will be in between.  I've heard those will be part of the last phase as they are being co-developed by ARG which wants to first get The View well underway across the tracks.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2018, 08:00:07 am »

I don't know if these have been brought up yet, but a lot of these renderings of the area look new: http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/111-S-Elgin-Ave-Tulsa-OK/4354832/

Kinda scaled back into smaller individual buildings, but it probably makes more sense. The proposed cinema would be nice.
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2018, 01:34:44 pm »

I don't know if these have been brought up yet, but a lot of these renderings of the area look new: http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/111-S-Elgin-Ave-Tulsa-OK/4354832/

Kinda scaled back into smaller individual buildings, but it probably makes more sense. The proposed cinema would be nice.

I'm curious if their software can't have cars do back-in angled parking, or if they are the type of people who park like that.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2018, 03:57:11 pm »

The cost-cutting measures begin. These buildings are nice enough at this point, but no where near as nice as the initial Santa Fe Square renderings. Most of the character in the architecture which was fitting of the name has already been cut out. Even at this point, the renderings look like a pretty generic urban development.

But don't worry, the final will look hardly like these. It will be much more generic. Those casement windows are going to have to go and there are far cheaper awnings. I'm kidding and these buildings are good enough provided they get built. I hope the cornerstone building at 2nd and Elgin ends up being close to what they showed originally.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2018, 02:43:52 pm »

I actually like the newest design for the 2nd & Elgin building.  The whole thing ties into the current design aesthetic of a lot of the older brick buildings downtown, more than the more European-looking previous version.  If they can land an Alamo Drafthouse where the "Santa Fe Cinema" is shown on 2nd that would be pretty awesome and a big draw for the retail/restaurants that are part of this development.  

If you're in OKC there is a new development called West Village on the west side of downtown.  It includes a couple renovated historic buildings that have been turned into a restaurant/music venue and a hotel (Museum 21c), but the surrounding apartments are pretty tacky.  Hopefully we get something more like Dallas' West Village which is mixed-use with a theater, apartments, retail, etc. and really transformed the area around it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:58:06 pm by SXSW » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2018, 08:58:29 am »

Really interested in the "Santa Fe Cinema" and whether this could be an Alamo Drafthouse.

The footprint of this Alamo would be similar to one they recently built in Denver and would fit along 2nd St between Frankfort and Greenwood adjacent to the parking garage.  Like the one in Denver the main lobby would be at the corner of 2nd & Frankfort.

Alamo Sloans Lake

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2018, 09:25:17 am »

An Alamo Drafthouse here would be amazing.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2018, 12:07:23 pm »

Now that the Hotel Indigo is open I'm hoping they can get started on the second phase of Santa Fe Square next year, which was their original plan.  I'm hearing they are close to preleasing the space they need to get one of the office buildings started, not sure if that is the one at 2nd & Elgin or 1st & Greenwood.  They are definitely talking about bringing a movie theater into the development at 2nd & Frankfort.  The apartments are still part of the final phase, they don't want to dump too much supply into the downtown market with The View starting next year and The Annex still a possibility on the PAC lot, in addition to Hartford Crossing and the historic renovations that will bring about ~200 new apartments online in the next 2 years.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:15:06 pm by SXSW » Logged

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:38 pm »

Now that the Hotel Indigo is open I'm hoping they can get started on the second phase of Santa Fe Square next year, which was their original plan.  I'm hearing they are close to preleasing the space they need to get one of the office buildings started, not sure if that is the one at 2nd & Elgin or 1st & Greenwood.  They are definitely talking about bringing a movie theater into the development at 2nd & Frankfort.  The apartments are still part of the final phase, they don't want to dump too much supply into the downtown market with The View starting next year and The Annex still a possibility on the PAC lot, in addition to Hartford Crossing and the historic renovations that will bring about ~200 new apartments online in the next 2 years.

A “now leasing” sign at the corner of 2nd and Elgin popped up a few weeks ago showing the picture of an office building.  Not sure if that means anything with respect to which phase/location will come next.

If ~200 apartments a year are flooding the downtown housing market, then we are not growing anywhere nearly as fast as we need to be.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org