A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 08:18:20 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 183694 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2017, 11:10:38 am »

I’ve stayed in several Hotel Indigos around the country and always enjoyed them.  I thought of them as more of having an eclectic and cool vibe, rather than luxury.  I think that is the type of hotel best suited for the Blue Dome.  As for the economics, this group has turned a historic building into a hotel and built one from the ground up in two distinctly different parts of downtown, so I will defer to their expertise on whether the economics make sense.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2017, 11:19:37 am »

That's good to hear. From seeing in articles "luxury hotel" and quotes from the groundbreaking saying that the hotel fits the district, my vision of luxury wasn't exactly in line with the district.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2017, 11:26:18 am »

I’ve stayed in several Hotel Indigos around the country and always enjoyed them.  I thought of them as more of having an eclectic and cool vibe, rather than luxury.  I think that is the type of hotel best suited for the Blue Dome.  As for the economics, this group has turned a historic building into a hotel and built one from the ground up in two distinctly different parts of downtown, so I will defer to their expertise on whether the economics make sense.

I also like Indigo, and think it will be a great fit or Blue Dome.  Also agree that it is more boutique-trendy, than luxury.   I've enjoyed ever one I have stayed in.   The Indigo in Atlanta across from the Fox Theater is a pretty cool one, and I have stayed several times there.  Indigo is part of the IHG brand, which includes Holiday Inn, Crown Plaza, and Intercontinental. 

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2017, 12:17:03 pm »

That's good to hear. From seeing in articles "luxury hotel" and quotes from the groundbreaking saying that the hotel fits the district, my vision of luxury wasn't exactly in line with the district.

"Luxury hotel" like "farm to table" has pretty much lost all real meaning with its profligate use.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2017, 12:19:21 pm »

That makes more sense then. They announced "luxury hotel" a number of times. Unless this one is planned to be drastically different from others, the "luxury" tag shouldn't have been used. Boutique should have been used instead. Sounds a bit like Aloft style of rehabbing old buildings to make quaint/eccentric hotels. That would make a lot more sense in the Blue Dome.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2017, 12:21:47 pm »

The article on TW said it "will be no cookie cutter" and has some neat renderings of inside:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/blue-dome-district-s-planned-hotel-indigo-will-be-no/article_e1a20d3b-cc7e-51df-94c8-79e5a88d729c.html

Also:
An indoor-outdoor rooftop bar that will accommodate 60 to 85 people will be open to the public.

I'm glad the rooftop bar will be open to the public. Tulsa needs more rooftop bars! We have Mayo and what else? Is that it? I guess we have a couple places you can eat at up high, but besides AHHA, not many rooftops accessible by the public.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »

I went on a Blue Dome tour a few months ago and someone from the Hotel Indigo group was there, getting a feel of the location and history. I think they'll do this right.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2017, 11:24:27 am »

Also:
I'm glad the rooftop bar will be open to the public. Tulsa needs more rooftop bars! We have Mayo and what else? Is that it? I guess we have a couple places you can eat at up high, but besides AHHA, not many rooftops accessible by the public.

El Guapo has seating on the roof but it's pretty closed off so it mostly feels open-air instead of rooftop.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2017, 08:07:26 am »

Drove by yesterday and saw columns rising from the site.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2017, 12:49:38 am »

Think those were for the hotel

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2018, 11:53:59 am »

I thought the Santa Fe Depot was going to be part of the hotel. It looks like it was converted into separate office space:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/photo-gallery-take-a-look-inside-the-santa-fe-depot/collection_f663bfc8-cea1-516a-a5bc-18688642780c.html#25
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2018, 12:02:32 pm »

I thought the Santa Fe Depot was going to be part of the hotel. It looks like it was converted into separate office space:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/photo-gallery-take-a-look-inside-the-santa-fe-depot/collection_f663bfc8-cea1-516a-a5bc-18688642780c.html#25

This was answered December last year:

That is the old Santa Fe depot/station. According to this Tulsa World article,  

Industrial Developers of Oklahoma is renovating and will occupy much of the former depot, with the balance being used as office and retail space...

The same article also says there will be an upscale restaurant on the first floor, which I think, given the small-ish footprint of the new building, may take up part of the Santa Fe depot.

It seemed like earlier renderings showed the depot part of the hotel or there was a mention that it could be dining/event space. Shame that it won't be for more public use but it does look nice.

Here's a quote from an earlier article from TW:

Named for the old Santa Fe Rail Depot, which will be renovated and incorporated in the project, Santa Fe Square is a mixed-used development

So still part of overall "Santa Fe Square" (so that's 2 sizable buildings that are close to finished!), just not part of Hotel Indigo. That's a win overall though because it adds more diverse usage to the same footprint.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2018, 12:19:01 pm »

I'm curious what the current timeline is for the rest of the development?  Are they preleasing the space in the office building?  Not long ago I had heard the plan was to finish the hotel and Santa Fe Depot renovation then build the office tower followed by the apartments.  The original plan being that ARG would complete the The View and then build the Santa Fe Square apartments.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2018, 09:44:31 pm »

Hotel Indigo progress

Rendering

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2018, 09:49:20 pm »

Also found this new(?) rendering of the office building

http://commercialoklahoma.com/commercial/santa-fe-square-1st-greenwood-ave-tulsa/

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org