A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:54:05 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Rose wins Rivers Edge Location...  (Read 99881 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2021, 08:20:21 am »

This is a cool concept on the S Platte River trail in Littleton, CO: a bike-up coffee shop.  Of course it also has parking but caters to trail and park-users.  I think something like this would be a hit right off the trail either around Yard Bar/Sand Bar or further north closer to 17th.  Something like The Cirque pop-up at 14th & Lewis could even work for this.

Nixon's on the trail in Littleton

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2021, 11:32:41 am »

I've been told the leases for these have none compete clauses that I believe were put in by River Parks that basically doesn't allow any other types of retail pretty much from Gathering Place up toward Southwest Blvd area. Seems pretty dumb to me, because this part of the trails is a prime spot to do some additional well thought out retail like a coffee shop, etc. especially in that area you mention north toward 18th/17th where that parking lot is. I'd love to see that parking lot infilled with commercial space like that Nixon's for example you showed. That lot is really unnecessary given all the on street parking on Riverside is always empty. You could even build out angled parking along Riverside if needed to get additional parking that would be lost from that lot being developed with some small retail spaces. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2021, 02:45:51 pm »

I've been told the leases for these have none compete clauses that I believe were put in by River Parks that basically doesn't allow any other types of retail pretty much from Gathering Place up toward Southwest Blvd area. Seems pretty dumb to me, because this part of the trails is a prime spot to do some additional well thought out retail like a coffee shop, etc. especially in that area you mention north toward 18th/17th where that parking lot is. I'd love to see that parking lot infilled with commercial space like that Nixon's for example you showed. That lot is really unnecessary given all the on street parking on Riverside is always empty. You could even build out angled parking along Riverside if needed to get additional parking that would be lost from that lot being developed with some small retail spaces.  

I'd be curious if the non-compete is only for bars/restaurants or if a coffee shop could operate.  With the Cosmopolitan across the street at the 17th St parking lot and other large apartment buildings in the area I think it would do really well with a combination of neighborhood and trail user traffic.  That is something that is definitely missing in Tulsa, a trailside coffee shop with views of the river.

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2021, 10:43:40 am »

Blue Rose is reopening as the Sandbar Cafe at the end of May.  I wonder if the non-compete clause is still in place in the 300 yd radius?  I'd still like to see this area built up more with an additional restaurant and/or coffee shop around the cove.  This area makes sense to offer kayak rentals once the dam project is completed and Zink Lake is always full. 

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/sandbar-cafe-rises-from-blue-rose-cafes-roots-along-the-arkansas-river/article_9f2f72e4-b2bc-11eb-beb8-433351be9ad9.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

The re-opened Sandbar is really good, give it a try. 

Service is now more fast-casual style with ordering at the bar or the deck window.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2021, 10:53:32 am »

I'd be curious if the non-compete is only for bars/restaurants or if a coffee shop could operate.  With the Cosmopolitan across the street at the 17th St parking lot and other large apartment buildings in the area I think it would do really well with a combination of neighborhood and trail user traffic.  That is something that is definitely missing in Tulsa, a trailside coffee shop with views of the river.

I'm not sure and I believe it was RiverParks that wanted the non compete and not the tenants... like RiverParks was worried they'd open a similar concept close by. I just remember being totally baffled when it was told to me and it didn't make any sense why it was in the leases.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2023, 02:29:39 pm »

Lone Wolf is taking over the Sandbar and Yard Bar with plans to open in spring 2024.  They plan to offer some of their staple menu items but this location will be different than the others, and will have a larger bar offering. 

https://tulsaworld.com/life-entertainment/local/food-drink/lone-wolf-to-take-over-sandbar-restaurant-in-river-parks/article_b5d2d0a8-3d4e-11ee-8809-bf59cf8146f3.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org