A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:08:12 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CVS buys Tally's corner??  (Read 19507 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 07:29:15 pm »

If we try hard enough we can turn all of Tulsa into East Tulsa. Strip malls. Parking lots. And lots of space between everything.

Yay!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 07:52:22 am »

Looking more and more like this may be true... Tally still has a year left on his lease, but the antique mall has not been renewed.  Huh
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:11:27 am by AngieB » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 10:42:53 am »

Someone called Tally's and they said it was a rumor, however, a friend spoke to the owner of the antique mall and he said it was true and he had lost his lease. I don't know what the truth is!

Would it be possible he just doesnt know?  Seems we just went thru this with "our" basketball team...it was a false rumor until it was true.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 12:29:13 pm »

Maybe there are one or two ugly used car lots in the area that would be perfect for CVS?
davideinstein
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 12:39:14 pm »

Why in the world would you do this with all of the other crap real estate on 11th Street? Unreal.

Undecided
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 04:24:34 pm »

Because they want prime corner locations, and dont care if anything significant is already there.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 02:11:03 am »

I would think if CVS was going to buy a corner it would be the opposite corner with the gas station but who knows. On a related note, I'm just glad we own our building now and some a**hole landlord can't sell it out from underneath us, especially being on 11th Street where this kind of BS is all too common. By golly, at least one original Route 66 building is guaranteed to survive for a nice long time!  Grin
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 10:22:41 am »

And keep in mind, that if Tally's becomes a CVS, then neither Tally's nor CVS was really involved nor aware of what happened. More likely, this is between a realtor and a church.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 02:24:40 pm »

How about someone asks the church if this is happening? And/or asks them to not go through with this.
saintnicster
Re:
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »

Nah, it's more fun to be rumor mongers!
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 07:09:17 pm »

That same church owns a lot of houses in the neighborhoods behind them and has been tearing them down to build parking lots for a while, I seriously doubt they care about conserving old Tulsa.  Tongue
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »

That same church owns a lot of houses in the neighborhoods behind them and has been tearing them down to build parking lots for a while, I seriously doubt they care about conserving old Tulsa.  Tongue

Just like they did with the Will Rogers theater. Or was that the Sandusky Avenue church?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:23:39 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 09:06:41 pm »

Someone needs to make some "Coming Soon:  CVS" and "Future home of CVS" type signs and place them on that corner.

I posted this rumor on http://reddit.com/r/tulsa .   Consensus: Tally's sucks. without any regard that a CVS is far worse for that corner than a restaurant with poor heath inspections.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:09:30 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 07:52:07 am »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 07:55:09 am »

Someone needs to make some "Coming Soon:  CVS" and "Future home of CVS" type signs and place them on that corner.

I posted this rumor on http://reddit.com/r/tulsa .   Consensus: Tally's sucks. without any regard that a CVS is far worse for that corner than a restaurant with poor heath inspections.

Their health inspection reports don’t look much more ominous than a random sampling of more upscale locally-owned restaurants.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org