A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:01:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Davenport Urban Lofts  (Read 124881 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2021, 02:27:22 pm »

I noticed driving by last night that at least one unit is already furnished.

Anyone heard anything about the retail space on the bottom?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2022, 04:32:46 pm »

Surprisingly they are still working on the finishing touches on this one. Seems like they have been working in the street forever. No rush apparently. I can't tell, but it looks like some of the units may be occupied already. Obviously that one up top is still being finished.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2022, 08:36:41 am »

It will be great to see the LA King site redeveloped next

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2022, 08:15:06 pm »

It will be great to see the LA King site redeveloped next

The LA King redevelopment is off the table.  The Hansons sold the property back to Wally Tipsword's company and swapped for the empty block of parking across from Brady Theater.  And they've been trying to sell that block to pay off their TDA loan.  Surprised the Tulsa World has not covered this story.  It also has not been discussed in an open session of TDA.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2022, 12:08:24 pm »

This thing is inching towards completion.. I've been surprised at how slow the exterior work has been going.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2022, 12:29:15 pm »

Yeah, the building has been done for months and they are just finishing out some of the units now. I don't understand why they haven't finished the ground level. It's annoying how long the sidewalk/street has been closed off around it. Basically been that way for two years now. Even the WPX building, which is much larger and I'm pretty sure started after this, is about to take down it's fence. I wonder if they ran out of money right at the end or are having problems with their contractor? Finishing a driveway and sidewalk shouldn't take more than a week...
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2022, 01:37:40 pm »

Seriously, why can't the city tell them to wrap it up already on the ground level?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2022, 06:09:12 pm »

Looks like they got the water meters installed this week. I assume they will be able to pour the curb and rest of the driveway now, or someday when they feel like it at least. They have some forms on the southside for some of the sidewalk to be finished.

Soundpony had a bike race yesterday and it was infuriating how congested the street was since people had to basically walk down the middle of the street during an active bike race to get around the davenport construction.

Fun fact: the soundpony now has a sign in the back patio telling patrons not to throw things at the davenport...
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2022, 11:13:26 am »

They already knew it was an unpopular development, it almost feels intentional now to keep the sidewalk closed. I guarantee there will be a noise complaint within the first week of someone living there.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2022, 03:05:53 pm »

I guarantee there will be a noise complaint within the first week of someone living there.

That's kind of like when people move in next to an airport and then complain about the airplane noise.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2022, 03:50:56 pm »

Well the units were advertised as being in the center of nightlife, but I guess we'll see. The only noisy thing left is Soundpony, and the condo's are high enough above it that I doubt they'll hear much. Inner Circle used to have music occasionally, but I haven't seen them set a stage up in months unless I am just missing it.

I mean, The View seems to have filled up despite having fireworks exploding over it twice a week during the summer, not to mention all the other things that go on around it. Those apartments are pretty expensive too, though not quite as bad as these things. I wonder what they are selling for now - probably at least three quarters of a million.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2022, 04:40:18 pm »

Well the units were advertised as being in the center of nightlife, but I guess we'll see. The only noisy thing left is Soundpony, and the condo's are high enough above it that I doubt they'll hear much. Inner Circle used to have music occasionally, but I haven't seen them set a stage up in months unless I am just missing it.

I mean, The View seems to have filled up despite having fireworks exploding over it twice a week during the summer, not to mention all the other things that go on around it. Those apartments are pretty expensive too, though not quite as bad as these things. I wonder what they are selling for now - probably at least three quarters of a million.

On Zillow they only have nine of the 32 units still for sale. They have one left under a million at $826,000. The others all range from $1.3 million to $2.4 million.

https://www.zillow.com/community/davenport-lofts/29600174_plid/
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2022, 05:15:36 pm »

I will say even though I wasn't a huge fan of the project when it was first proposed because I was afraid it would end up like most development with cost being cut. It really doesn't appear that has happened and even talking with the developer I think a lot of fears people had won't come true.

They aren't using a contractor on the job, so that's what's taking so long. The builder is doing it all himself (finding subs, etc.) while running a full time business. It's a bit different than many jobs this size.

When I had inquired about units the developer was very forward with the fact this building is in an entertainment area and if you don't like that don't buy a unit here. They also did show really intensive search for proper glass to use. I don't think many people even think about how much of a different the thickness and type of glass used can do for soundproofing. They've purposefully made the window openings on the northern side smaller as well to help with noise. I've been in buildings in other cities with high-end glass and you hear nothing outside, best example was Hotel 1 in West Hollywood and my room was only 4 floors above the Sunset Strip and I never heard a car, person, siren, etc. the entire time I was there. That type of glass is very expensive, but it appears they have spent that money to make sure the units are nearly soundproof from noises outside the building. It's reflected in the price per square foot of these units too.

I hope this will encourage some more condo development downtown. Prices of homes in midtown have gotten to the point condos make sense, you can't find a property that's been renovated/somewhat new for under $200/sq ft even in the Pearl District anymore.

We really need someone who will build 1 bedroom condos in the 500-900 sq ft range that would get people into the 'entry' home level for $125-200 k unit and do some small unit condos. I feel like that's a huge under served market and home prices in the Tulsa MSA are at a point where those would sell because you can't find a new home even in the suburbs for less than $250-300k anymore.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2022, 04:24:18 am »

On Zillow they only have nine of the 32 units still for sale. They have one left under a million at $826,000. The others all range from $1.3 million to $2.4 million.

https://www.zillow.com/community/davenport-lofts/29600174_plid/

If I had $1m+ to spend I think I'd rather build something as opposed to some crazy expensive "loft" that doesn't even come with dedicated parking (well - okay - it has dedicated storage for your bicycle). I agree with LandArchPoke - entry level condos need to happen downtown - this country is making a mistake only catering to the 1%ers and letting everyone else fight for the scraps. I disagree however that condos ever make sense.  Grin
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #224 on: August 09, 2022, 09:01:53 am »

They aren't using a contractor on the job, so that's what's taking so long. The builder is doing it all himself (finding subs, etc.) while running a full time business. It's a bit different than many jobs this size.

Interesting, this seems pretty rare for Oklahoma. Is this some weird version of design-build?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org