A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:44:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1077132 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #810 on: September 22, 2016, 08:31:56 am »

Hard to imagine a 2,233 sq ft townhouses can sell for $496k while the 2,713 sq ft Urban 8 are stagnant at $580k even inside the IDL. Must be more to it at Urban 8 (as others have suggested, you have to finish the inside yourself at that price).

While the price is high, these townhouses have a big advantage over Urban 8 because they are in an established market.  This development has been around over a decade.  Multiple units have turned over, so there is a lot more comfort to a buyer that he/she can sell down the road with a reasonable appreciation.  Plus, the Pearl District is much more developed now that it was even five years ago.  That said, I think the last few units built (which were not built by the original developer) were much higher priced than the original development and ended up selling well below the original asking price.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #811 on: September 30, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

I just noticed the shipping container space next to Fur Shop is well under way. 

From my vantage point, it looks like someone took a loaded pier and placed it there...I'm going to assume the containers will be prettied up a bit once the placement is completed.

If not, then maybe they can play loud seagull noises, ship's horns and some yard workers screaming obscenities.

Is it supposed to look like this?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #812 on: September 30, 2016, 05:00:21 pm »

I just noticed the shipping container space next to Fur Shop is well under way. 

From my vantage point, it looks like someone took a loaded pier and placed it there...I'm going to assume the containers will be prettied up a bit once the placement is completed.

If not, then maybe they can play loud seagull noises, ship's horns and some yard workers screaming obscenities.

Is it supposed to look like this?

Sounds wouldn't be to difficult.  The smell of the ocean would be a bit tougher to duplicate properly.

johrasephoenix
« Reply #813 on: October 03, 2016, 07:35:16 am »

Maybe it will be an ode to Tulsa's storied maritime history...

Last time I read the Oklahoma Republican Party platform I recall it specifically saying that the Great State of Oklahoma refuses to recognize the International Law of the Sea.  There was something about it being an infringement on our sovereign rights (presumably to hang pirates on Lake Keystone) and a step towards global government, the ruination of Old Glory, etc. 
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #814 on: October 03, 2016, 08:37:00 am »

We have a coast guard here because of the Port of Catoosa.  The Jade Helm types are probably worried about them taking over the city and executing citizens in the shipping channel.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #815 on: October 07, 2016, 05:00:42 pm »

This afternoon I noticed three "cranes in the air" -- one on Third, near Cheyenne, for the new Hampton Inn & Suites construction site:

Hampton Inn & Suites | 120 Rooms | $17 Million

Another crane was set up in Fourth Street, on the hill between Boulder and Main, for the Palace Building project:

A third crane was on Sixth Street near Main, probably for the Art Deco Lofts and Apartments in the old PSO/Transok Building:

Transok Building

Parking for the Art Deco Lofts and Apartments appears to be in the basement of the buildings fronting Main Street, with the garage ramp access from Seventh Street.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #816 on: October 09, 2016, 11:42:09 am »

We have a coast guard here because of the Port of Catoosa. 

And the largest most inland ice-free river port in the country.  Smiley

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #817 on: October 09, 2016, 01:29:43 pm »

And the largest most inland ice-free river port in the country.  Smiley

Sorry, but no we don't have the largest most inland ice-free river port in the country.   It is one of the largest most inland ice-free river ports.  But it is neither the largest, nor most inland, nor the largest most inland ice-free river port. (Pretty sure that title goes to St. Louis, which is ice-free, more inland, and handles about 12 times as much cargo volume as the Port of Catoosa.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:46:46 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #818 on: October 10, 2016, 09:01:25 am »

Sorry, but no we don't have the largest most inland ice-free river port in the country.   It is one of the largest most inland ice-free river ports.  But it is neither the largest, nor most inland, nor the largest most inland ice-free river port. (Pretty sure that title goes to St. Louis, which is ice-free, more inland, and handles about 12 times as much cargo volume as the Port of Catoosa.)

Believe it or not, POC is second behind Duluth, Mn, not St. Louis.  I’m pretty sure Duluth freezes so the claim as POC being the furthest inland ice-free may well be accurate.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #819 on: October 10, 2016, 10:06:56 am »

Believe it or not, POC is second behind Duluth, Mn, not St. Louis.  I’m pretty sure Duluth freezes so the claim as POC being the furthest inland ice-free may well be accurate.

By what metric is POC second behind Duluth, MN?  (And FWIW, I don't think Duluth is even considered an "inland port". Duluth

And how can the claim be accurate when we know that St. Louis is (1) ice-free, (2) further inland than Tulsa, and (3) roughly twelve times the size of POC?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #820 on: October 10, 2016, 10:55:54 am »

They used to have ice-breakers that kept it open even when a lot of ice - surely they would not stop that....!?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #821 on: October 10, 2016, 01:23:01 pm »

By what metric is POC second behind Duluth, MN?  (And FWIW, I don't think Duluth is even considered an "inland port". Duluth

And how can the claim be accurate when we know that St. Louis is (1) ice-free, (2) further inland than Tulsa, and (3) roughly twelve times the size of POC?

Located at the western end of the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway (GLSLS), it is the farthest-inland freshwater seaport and one of the leading bulk cargo ports in all of North America. By far, the largest and busiest on the Great Lakes, the Port of Duluth-Superior handles an average of 38 million short tons of cargo and nearly 1,000 vessel visits each year...connecting the heartland of the U.S. and Canada to the rest of the world.
http://www.duluthport.com/port.php

It is slightly over 1000 miles from POC to NOLA:

The waterway travels 445 miles along the Verdigris River, the Arkansas River, the Arkansas Post Canal and the White River before joining the Mississippi at Montgomery Point. New Orleans is 600 miles south.

http://tulsaport.com/navigation-system/

I cannot find the exact river mileage from STL to NOLA, but I-55 is just under 700 miles.  Throwing out a liberal figure for a meandering river, let’s call it 800 miles.  With the POC being 1045 miles via the river, that makes the POC further inland.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #822 on: October 10, 2016, 02:04:53 pm »

So that quote might make Duluth #1.  But it is a LONG way from making the POC number 2. St. Louis still beats the POC and if we're going to count Duluth (which you acknowledged may not even be ice-free) there are a whole bunch more ports along the Great Lakes that are both further inland and larger than the POC.  FWIW, Duluth doesn't even meet the threshhold criteria for our "largest, most-inland, ice-free port" competition because, "... while the Seaway shipping season is limited to nine months, domestic shipping lanes are typically kept open for nearly ten months with the help of tugboats and Coast Guard icebreakers."

It is slightly over 1000 miles from POC to NOLA:

http://tulsaport.com/navigation-system/

I cannot find the exact river mileage from STL to NOLA, but I-55 is just under 700 miles.  Throwing out a liberal figure for a meandering river, let’s call it 800 miles.  With the POC being 1045 miles via the river, that makes the POC further inland.

From the mouth of the Arkansas River to St. Louis is approximately 540 river miles.  As your post mentioned, from the mouth of the Arkansas River to the POC is 445 river miles.  So St. Louis is almost 100 river miles further inland than the POC.  (FWIW, as the crow flies, it's about 354 miles from the mouth of the Arkansas to St. Louis; 319 miles to the POC.  It's about 625 miles from St. Louis to the nearest point in the Gulf of Mexico, as the crow flies; about 475 miles from the POC to the nearest point of the Gulf of Mexico.  By any measure, St. Louis is further inland.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:35:41 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #823 on: October 10, 2016, 03:03:58 pm »

Dup
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:33:02 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #824 on: October 10, 2016, 07:49:09 pm »

Sorry I brought it up.  Let's just say our port is one of the largest inland river ports and leave it at that.  Back to downtown development...

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org