A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:02:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1071047 times)
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1125 on: February 05, 2018, 07:56:22 am »

Dos Bandidos is a restaurant coming into the former Rusty Crane space
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1126 on: February 05, 2018, 09:07:17 am »

Dos Bandidos is a restaurant coming into the former Rusty Crane space

The one in Bixby? If so, meh.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1127 on: February 05, 2018, 10:25:28 am »

The one in Bixby? If so, meh.

No.  Downtown (Archer & Detroit)
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1128 on: February 05, 2018, 11:12:01 am »

No.  Downtown (Archer & Detroit)

I should have clarified. Is this the same Dos Banditos that has a location in Bixby? The wife and I gave them three chances. We won't be going back. Food was only just ok and the service was iffy at best. I won't even get into the evangelizing one of the servers was so fond of doing.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #1129 on: February 05, 2018, 12:11:11 pm »

Food was only just ok and the service was iffy at best.

So basically a Mexican food Rusty Crane.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1130 on: February 06, 2018, 10:14:03 am »

So basically a Mexican food Rusty Crane.

Wow! That'll be perfect for right there!

The amazing thing about Rusty Crane is that it closed due to the owner's health and not the terrible service. I thought the food was always good (Mostly had stuff like wings and fries) and location was great and it was ahead of the curve being a new local sit-down pub to open right around there to capture Baseball and First Friday Art Crawl visitors, but always had atrocious service. Anyway, the combination must've been perfect for that spot considering it stayed open for about 5 years and didn't go out of business due to financial reasons. It always seemed to have a decent crowd when I went, even on weeknights.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #1131 on: February 06, 2018, 07:29:39 pm »

Rusty Crane was our favorite go-to spot for end-of-the-week Friday Happy Hour and a great starting point to First Friday Art Crawl.  We were steady patrons for the five years they were open and made some very good friends.  We never had a problem with service because we always sat at the bar  Cheesy  Hated to see them go and will really miss the re-purposed environment.  I'm sure all the walls will be air-brushed in vibrant "happy" colors which will take some getting used to.  We love Mexican and just hope it doesn't turn out to be comparable to Mexicali's (not that there's anything wrong with that).

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1132 on: February 22, 2018, 04:31:28 pm »

It seems like there was a big decrease in number of new planned developments over the last year or two, especially since the PAC, Nordam-Site and Santa Fe Square were announced way back in 2015 (Early 2016 for Nordam site). To be fair, those are 3 huge game-changers that probably made quite a few developers hesitate on other projects.

Looking back, almost all the downtown development news from 2017 and a lot of 2016 was either plans from a while ago finally starting/finishing, changing ownership (Adams Hotel) or small projects (such as the small East Village remodel).

GreenArch II was planned/announced a long time ago but at least it's supposed to start soon. The biggest real new recent one I found was Boston Office Building which will be converted to a hotel. The other big announcement from last year or so was that the Ross Group won the development of the lot to the west of Oneok Field but that's a relic from what, 2009, that was supposed to be built years ago and as great as Ross Group is, they seem far overstretched as is. Maybe the biggest news for downtown recently is that the Tulsa Club Building is finally being restored. That is a huge win, just having it renovated at all even if it was announced mid-2016.

Breweries finally opening was a big thing over the last year so that has been good. Otherwise, not as many new things going in and progress on some of the big projects has been slow or nonexistent (eh hem... The View).  I guess this is how it goes for development, especially in Tulsa, but I expected a bit more progress than what it has been overall. Oil has recovered to acceptable "drill" levels (rig count going up) and the overall economy has done very well the last couple years so you'd expect a bit more boldness if not just more starts on all the announced projects.

Overall, this delay of planned developments downtown will mean slower build years down the line. At least there've been some big developments announced in midtown in general even if it isn't downtown, the Utica and developments could be good for downtown area in general.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #1133 on: February 22, 2018, 04:44:52 pm »

True but seeing three multi story developments current going up is a great sight to see!

Isn't there a hotel that is supposed to be built by the BOK Center?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1134 on: February 22, 2018, 04:59:55 pm »

True but seeing three multi story developments current going up is a great sight to see!

Isn't there a hotel that is supposed to be built by the BOK Center?

Yes, by the Ross Group and the same hotel owner building the hotel by Oneok, and that owns the Hampton by BOK. I would assume the new BOK hotel won't start until the hotel by Oneok is done. Last I heard was that the hotel by Oneok was going to be a 17 story Hilton with condos on the upper floors.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1135 on: February 22, 2018, 10:05:22 pm »

Yes, by the Ross Group and the same hotel owner building the hotel by Oneok, and that owns the Hampton by BOK. I would assume the new BOK hotel won't start until the hotel by Oneok is done. Last I heard was that the hotel by Oneok was going to be a 17 story Hilton with condos on the upper floors.

You mean the hotel by BOK?  The only one I’m aware of by ONEOK Field is the Holiday Inn Express at Archer & Detroit.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1136 on: February 23, 2018, 12:30:29 am »

You mean the hotel by BOK?  The only one I’m aware of by ONEOK Field is the Holiday Inn Express at Archer & Detroit.

Yes, by the BOK
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #1137 on: February 23, 2018, 09:13:51 am »

Where is this hotel by the BOK going to be?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1138 on: February 23, 2018, 09:26:35 am »

Where is this hotel by the BOK going to be?

On top of the existing Oil and Gas Journal building, 2nd and Cheyenne.

www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/new-hotel-planned-for-downtown-tulsa/article_e1e440e8-4d47-11e3-9844-0019bb30f31a.html

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1139 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:17 am »

There hasn't been major announcements recently, but there is a ton of activity:

Merida Apartments opened (fka Enterprise building)
Harrington Lofts opened
Hampton Inn opened
Hotel Indigo building up on floor 6
Lofts on Archer building up on floor 4
Holiday Inn near the ball park doing foundation work
Welltown Brewing seems to be finishing up the building
Apartment Complex at Denver/Riverside
36 Degrees North Campus II opened
The refinery/Magic City Books/Lone Wold/The Goods, Made/Guitars of Tulsa opened up in the Arts District
Hotel across from the Courthouse
New parking garage for 1st Place Tower
Tulsa Club being remodeled
Glacier II set to open in the Arts District
Apartments in the Palace Clothiers/Old Arby's building

Presumably in the works:
OK Pop
Bob Dylan Center
The rest of Santa Fe Square
Whatever ends up going in near the PAC
The New Amazon HQ
Lot between fka Rusty Crane and the Ballpark
New office/retail building on Greenwood
The Hampton Garden project
Schneider/Bricktown/ex Nordam development
Route 66 Museum

That's a lot going on in a couple square miles, and I'm sure I left things out.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org