A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:29:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbing Huh?  (Read 42788 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2015, 07:49:27 am »

Its interesting that the new strategy is to lump reports about retaliation for unionizing with absurd conspiracy theories like martial law and UN takeovers, hoping people will dismiss the whole bundled package.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/paranoid-texans-grill-army-spokesman-on-jade-helm-15-exercise-thats-sparking-fears-of-military-takeover/

Participants were torn between their respect for the military and their suspicion of the Obama administration, and they frequently expressed concern that they had not been notified about the exercise until conspiracy theories began circulating on social media.

The recent closing of five Walmart stores sparked fears that those stores would be converted into detention centers or link to underground tunnels to transport troops.

Lastoria said “an extra minute of research” would show that those stores were each involved in labor disputes, although the retailer blames plumbing issues.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2015, 08:15:43 am »

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2015, 09:06:52 am »

Admiral and Memorial was #2 in shrinkage in Tulsa

Which one is #1?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2015, 09:16:11 am »

I heard it was 81st & Lewis.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2015, 10:15:02 am »

I heard it was 81st & Lewis.

Not surprising at all.  I bet 68th/Memorial isn't far behind on that list.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2015, 12:18:08 pm »

Back in the stores 2010 remodel they installed high tech cameras to prevent shrinkage- guess they didn't work that well. The one thing that does connect all 5 closed stores is they all had labor issues or labor disputes, so my guess is that's the reason- they may of had "union talk". I was at the Admiral Burger King last week just west of Wal-Mart  and looked out over  Wal-Mart's lot and it was totally empty except for the security car. It looked strange to see the lot empty.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2015, 02:24:21 pm »

Back in the stores 2010 remodel they installed high tech cameras to prevent shrinkage- guess they didn't work that well. The one thing that does connect all 5 closed stores is they all had labor issues or labor disputes, so my guess is that's the reason- they may of had "union talk". I was at the Admiral Burger King last week just west of Wal-Mart  and looked out over  Wal-Mart's lot and it was totally empty except for the security car. It looked strange to see the lot empty.

You need a vacation kraut, I here Baltimore is really nice right now, maybe you should check it out.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2015, 06:41:05 pm »

http://gawker.com/walmarts-advice-to-2-200-laid-off-workers-dont-eat-cho-1700693991
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2015, 09:00:32 am »

This is a crazy weird thing. I met a few Wal-Mart workers who transferred to the Owasso store one told me she thinks they will re-open that closed store she thinks Wal-Mart plans to try a new kind of store - "Re-invent Wal-Mart"  in other words and see how it goes. The pressure and growing sales  from on-line retailors means changes need to be made from brick & mortar stores. She said the Admiral store is totally gutted. My question is why would they do it so fast and give no warnings to customers and a few hours warning to workers? I miss the Admiral store it was close to my house and I doubt it will ever re-open.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2015, 09:03:50 am »

This is a crazy weird thing. I met a few Wal-Mart workers who transferred to the Owasso store one told me she thinks they will re-open that closed store she thinks Wal-Mart plans to try a new kind of store - "Re-invent Wal-Mart"  in other words and see how it goes. The pressure and growing sales  from on-line retailors means changes need to be made from brick & mortar stores. She said the Admiral store is totally gutted. My question is why would they do it so fast and give no warnings to customers and a few hours warning to workers? I miss the Admiral store it was close to my house and I doubt it will ever re-open.

Sigh.

You do realize that WM has a HUGE online presence, right?  It's not like they have to reinvent anything.

Wait, nevermind.

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org