A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:50:25 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbing Huh?  (Read 42796 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: April 13, 2015, 03:48:50 pm »

Ya right. Plumbing problems. Wink Well that's as good as any excuse to close that disaster of a location.
TPD East Division is worked round the clock there. If they're going to keep it open. Make it like the Eagles Stadium. Have Police on the premises. And a Judge on site to preside over all the violence and theft that goes on 24/7.

Up to 6 months closed. And they are offering employees the opportunity to transfer to other local stores if openings become available.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/wal-mart-to-temporarily-close-its-store-just-east-of/article_b1526752-84d9-5103-9633-95e6c27cd075.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 04:01:57 pm »

Ya right. Plumbing problems. Wink Well that's as good as any excuse to close that disaster of a location.
TPD East Division is worked round the clock there. If they're going to keep it open. Make it like the Eagles Stadium. Have Police on the premises. And a Judge on site to preside over all the violence and theft that goes on 24/7.

Up to 6 months closed. And they are offering employees the opportunity to transfer to other local stores if openings become available.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/wal-mart-to-temporarily-close-its-store-just-east-of/article_b1526752-84d9-5103-9633-95e6c27cd075.html

Whew!  Now we know the crime level it takes to close a Wal-Mart!!   Astoundingly high!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:55 pm »

Good to see that Wal-Mart is making sure that employees know they are valued and making sure they taken care of.

saintnicster
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »

6 months?  Jeez! Is ODot and/or Manhattan Road and Bridge doing that work, too?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:48:30 pm »

$10.00 says it never reopens. They built a new one near Catoosa? Is it outside of Tulsa city limits? Cheaper sales tax to increase profit slightly? Nahhhh, Walmart never does anything like that. Roll Eyes
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 07:52:03 pm »

$10.00 says it never reopens. They built a new one near Catoosa? Is it outside of Tulsa city limits? Cheaper sales tax to increase profit slightly? Nahhhh, Walmart never does anything like that. Roll Eyes

I don't know of one near Catoosa.  Unless it's brand new.

But some people in the know (employees) say their supers said the closure was 'indefinite'.  I won't take that bet.  Smiley

I do know that Wally world in this instance lost a crap load of money, given how much that land was purchased for.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 07:57:37 pm »

I don't know of one near Catoosa.  Unless it's brand new.

But some people in the know (employees) say their supers said the closure was 'indefinite'.  I won't take that bet.  Smiley

I do know that Wally world in this instance lost a crap load of money, given how much that land was purchased for.

It was mentioned in the comments after the article from TW. I shopped at this one (Admiral)  when it first opened, but after a couple of years I went back to the Albertsons at 21st, didn't make my skin crawl. I thought they paid a big price for that land. Wasn't it owned by the family just south of there, Couch Construction I think?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:00:32 pm »

It was mentioned in the comments after the article from TW. I shopped at this one (Admiral)  when it first opened, but after a couple of years I went back to the Albertsons at 21st, didn't make my skin crawl. I thought they paid a big price for that land. Wasn't it owned by the family just south of there, Couch Construction I think?

Yes, they owned it.  And still own much land around it.  All the way to 89th East Ave south of 2nd Street.

If it's a permanent closure, I wonder what will become of it.  Interesting for sure.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 08:18:19 pm »

If it's like some of the other permanent closures like when the open a new super center within a few miles of one of their existing previous generation big stores, it will sit as an empty building until they find a suitable tenant. There was one that I know of that sat empty except for security guards after several break ins to steal copper, for close to five years before a WinCo Foods moved in.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 08:26:35 pm »

If it's like some of the other permanent closures like when the open a new super center within a few miles of one of their existing previous generation big stores, it will sit as an empty building until they find a suitable tenant. There was one that I know of that sat empty except for security guards after several break ins to steal copper, for close to five years before a WinCo Foods moved in.

There is still a 'small' supercenter building in Broken Arrow sitting empty.  They have built two nearby since that one closed - one at 71st and 145th - a couple miles west, another on 71st about 225th East Ave - couple miles east.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 08:28:10 pm »

There is still a 'small' supercenter building in Broken Arrow sitting empty.  They have built two nearby since that one closed - one at 71st and 145th - a couple miles west, another on 71st about 225th East Ave - couple miles east.

That one is probably the cleanest one in the area (the one at 71st and the Creek Tpk).

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 08:30:40 pm »

I don't know of one near Catoosa.  Unless it's brand new.

But some people in the know (employees) say their supers said the closure was 'indefinite'.  I won't take that bet.  Smiley

It's right across from Hard Rock.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »

Supercenter or Neighborhood Market?

It must be super new because their locator doesn't even have it.  Unless it hasn't opened yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.  Says it's further away for me than Claremore.  That's not right at all.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:41:38 pm by Hoss » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 08:42:49 pm »

That one is probably the cleanest one in the area (the one at 71st and the Creek Tpk).

Kind of a mixed bag - it is clean.  Also, seems like one of the larger ones, but many times the selection is better at the 71st and 145th store.  There is also one WAY down south on 161st - close to the new Warren theater.   Family likes that one really well, but I'm not that impressed....

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 08:43:19 pm »

If that's the case, that puts it in Rogers County and maybe not in Catoosa city limits. Something Walmart has been know to do to find cheaper sales taxes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org